Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:47 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
I demand a race!

lol, no the reason they is slow is quite the contrary, I have emule configured right, it maxes out my lines and slows everything else down. I thought it was worth mentioning because of this XMM has frozen once or twice as it wasn't getting info from the web properally.

but this is down to me having emule going full blast and maxing out my line. :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:50 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
You are all going the hard way. I don't do any book keeping of my downloads. I just wait till the GESTAPO raids my house for copyright infringement and let them do this for me :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 7:24 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
Purple.Nightmare wrote:
@paul-scream22 yeah U right as i use a proggie called Movie Library to cataloge my movies is prob not as good as others but was 1st one i found fully working, got used to it, it does more than i need so jus stuck with it now.

i used movie library for quite a while, i liked its easy interface. i think you can import the database of it into xmm.

hehe, i can understand what wargand means, and am surprised when people post thier list's to places like origens. i would think that would just help out the mpaa gestapo- kind of like a confession all neatly orgainized and alphabetized. i dont post my list anymore, and tried to delete any that i had done previously.

all my cd's are a bit disorganized, but i am trying to put them in order. i have all the series get thier own spindle, x-files spindle, one of each startrek series, and i put series that arent large together, like a family guy+futurama in a shared spindle.
movies that are part of a series(halloween/friday the 13th,etc) go in my movieseries binder. i have a binder for sci-fi movies, a comedy one, a fantasy/adventure types one, etc.

alphabetizing is a good idea if your binders are the type that can open the spines to add more sheets, otherwise adding a new movie would be a pain in the ass to move every cd from the new one back one space.

extreme is good to add a bunch at once, with that 'mass title add', and if you set the web-info import engine, you can have all the information download from the imdb overnight. you'd have to check the movies when it was done, as about 1 out of 5 are the wrong information. spelling a movie wrong even by 1 letter, or not having a 's' at the end of one thathas it, is a pain in the ass. some movie names it wont get, even thought the imdb has it and its spelled correct.

'I thought it was obvious, you sillly girl.
I'm a monster. I do monstrous things.'

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 5:14 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
Quote:
hehe, i can understand what wargand means, and am surprised when people post thier list's to places like origens. i would think that would just help out the mpaa gestapo- kind of like a confession all neatly orgainized and alphabetized. i dont post my list anymore, and tried to delete any that i had done previously.

your assuming they really give a fuck to do any investigative work.

You need to understand is all they do is click a link and do a scan to see who's downloading, then there program does whois and automated mailling. Barely any human interaction at that level. where the RIAA human experts come in is stopping release groups and crackers. A machine really couldn't give a f*ck about a list of films, or at least they won't be able to track you don't or cantact you by a list. They are also more bothered about open sharing. If you use a network you don't generally upload to they don't care as much ie. newsgroups, and this is all to by software rather than squidgyware (aka humans or trained chimps) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Luckily my cataloguing for films is very organised, but unfortunately not for tv series and certainly not games.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:28 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
All this MPAA and RIAA talk is starting to give me unjustified nightmares. Like I wanna dream about being interrogated in some big warehouse with a bunch of HHAH people by strange matrix agents. I rather dream about something neat... like crazy glow in the moon light critters and space queens. Snake dodging and perma-falling off cliffs is also preferred.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:17 am  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
Location: Back in the glistening folds of Barbara Bush's Twat
Who's more frightening?The Matrix agents or the People from here?
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:21 am  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
DxaKrator wrote:
Who's more frightening?The Matrix agents or the People from here?
:mrgreen:

Prayer :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:24 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
PC_Arcade wrote:

You are starting it again.

Good :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:31 am  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
wargand wrote:
PC_Arcade wrote:

You are starting it again.

Good :D

:lol:
I find it hard not to ;)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:20 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
OK, Actually did start catalogueing on the weeknd, still doing it!!!

But only doing 10/20 at a time.

I'm on 1MB broadband and it doesn't take that long to connect and retieve movie info, but still now where need as fast as it should be :shock:

I'm only using the imdb script in extreme movie manager.

What scripts do you guys use, I noticed that you can do a chain script and run multiple ones etc, like get info from imdb/amazon and also covers from cover.som etc.

Anyway, glad i went with emm, it's pretty good, and being able to have a box id for dvd-r's means i can catlogue the 5/6 avis I have on dvdr!

Anyway no problems as of yet, but still getting used to emm.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:53 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
i usually use the latest imdb import all script. it does like to default itself to whatever popular movies there are. like looking up ;the howling' and search results in ;the matrix reloaded;. that kind of thing really pisses me off, because my returned search of ;the matrix reloaded; only increases the chance of it being more popular and likely to get it as a search result again.if i wasnt so lazy, i would make a script to constantly query the imdb for something like 'the sinful dwarf' millions of times a day, see if it made it to the top 100 list before the mpaa bombed my town.

-eh, spud, i think you give the antipirate police too little credit for thier greed.if they can charge an individual 200,000 dollars per avi file of a movie, they will try to get as many people as possible in any way as possible. it may not be like this in your country..yet, but i think it will be. my country is basically built on lawsuits, it is a very large portion of our economy, with more lawyers per square inch then every other country combined. here legal precidents are argued to such a finite point they loose almost any basis in reality, only that the people in charge are going to stay in charge, and the rest of us are just going to suck it.

'I thought it was obvious, you sillly girl.
I'm a monster. I do monstrous things.'