Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:23 am  Post subject: Re: Why do we watch sick shit like this???

Buried In The Backyard
You know, I've thought about this many times before.

I'd like to address Mondo/Shockumentary/Real Death/etc. films. I've been viewing more and more Mondo films ever since I saw Faces Of Death at around 11 years old. To be honest, I have a morbid fascination with death. This I cannot deny. While many of the films of these ilk are truly repulsive, I can't help but find the beauty of the Italian Mondos like The Mondo Cane series, Mondo Magic, etc. These are well-made films which are quite a spectacle to view. Its very interesting to see the bizarre practices happening in other parts of the world which are completely foreign to me. I think Of The Dead is an in depth exploration of how humans deal with death. Its an astounding and beautiful film. The Killing Of America is a powerful, politically charged film exploring the atrocities committed in the U.S.A... the "greatest country in the world". This is balls-to-the-wall extreme cinema and I love it.

I treat this material like a mental endurance test. How much can you stand? As I explore deeper and accumulate more films, the material gets more and more graphic. I can't say I derive any sort of pleasure from watching accident footage of people dying and other such things which appear in these films, however, I do find it very interesting.

All in all, the world isn't a pretty place. Everything on this earth isn't all sunshine and rainbows. I can respect filmmakers who want to show the world as it is. I can handle viewing documents of the real world. I am curious about any and all aspects of humanity. This is why I watch sick shit like this.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:09 pm  Post subject: Re: Why do we watch sick shit like this???

Site Admin
I can only speak for myself, but I have no interest in that stuff myself, but enjoy fiction and gore that is ridiculously cast in the same light by the media.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:30 pm  Post subject: Re: Why do we watch sick shit like this???

Skull Full Of Maggots
I find it entertaining...
Well... That's about it for me...
:suicide: