Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:36 am  Post subject: Do you think that sharing balances out ???

The Devil, Probably
Right I'll confess :

I'm a leecher :evil:

Not when it comes to horror, I've released alot of rips and given over alot of time/bandwidth to other people like me that love horror.

But i also like to download other stuff (TV series, appz, SR links etc)

But because I'm a HHAH member powersharing and helping files spread, I can't afford the bandwidth to also keep the non HHAH files i get on share.

Now I like emule because you have to share files you're currently downloading. I think this is a brilliant conception and the inventor deserves a pint :wink:

So do you think that it all balances out. The people who release TV rips etc have a group of people keeping files spread just like we do, becuase i know there are non HHAH people who get my stuff, and I'd like to think that they take it off share coz they're sharing a dvdr or something.

Now I know theres leechers out there that are freaks, and just download and then remove from share. But those people will burn in hell :matrix:

What i mostly do is set all non HHAH files to normal prio and then HHAH to release. And let emule sort out who gets the odd slot for non HHAH files :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:43 am  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
I think you are already doing a lot more than what 90% of people on eMule/eDonkey already, you rip, you rls, you powershare and reshare, unless you decide to become a pure network server, otherwise you are doing all that you can, so yea, you are more than balance out. I personally have no problem with leechers, because even they have help the community a bit. And yea, i expect everyone do indeed also download other stuff and yea, theyw ill probably also taken the file off share as soon as they got it, be let's face it, we are (most of ys) running on very limited resources, be it hdd space, upload bw to the pc run time, so anything you upload is great already :)

So leech away dude, you earn it 10x over already :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:45 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
sounds fair to me.
i just try to keep in the scarce source stuff in, maybe put it in a subfolder and forget about it.

if i had taken something out, i almost always put stuff back in my folder if somebody messages me. its the pure leeching mods that are the worse problem, the 0 upload hacks. i bumbled across how to get my mule to only upload 0 while downloading max, and if i figured it out anybody could.

'I thought it was obvious, you sillly girl.
I'm a monster. I do monstrous things.'

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:53 am  Post subject: Re: Do you think that sharing balances out ???

Mod of the Living Dead
paul-scream22 wrote:
Right I'll confess :

I'm a leecher :evil:

Not when it comes to horror, I've released alot of rips and given over alot of time/bandwidth to other people like me that love horror.

But i also like to download other stuff (TV series, appz, SR links etc)

But because I'm a HHAH member powersharing and helping files spread, I can't afford the bandwidth to also keep the non HHAH files i get on share.

Now I like emule because you have to share files you're currently downloading. I think this is a brilliant conception and the inventor deserves a pint :wink:

So do you think that it all balances out. The people who release TV rips etc have a group of people keeping files spread just like we do, becuase i know there are non HHAH people who get my stuff, and I'd like to think that they take it off share coz they're sharing a dvdr or something.

Now I know theres leechers out there that are freaks, and just download and then remove from share. But those people will burn in hell :matrix:

What i mostly do is set all non HHAH files to normal prio and then HHAH to release. And let emule sort out who gets the odd slot for non HHAH files :wink:

I know exactly what you mean, I always feel like I'm not "giving enough back"
I leech xbox stuff like there's no tomorrow, I'm probably the EXACT person for the xbox scene that we moan at here for dumping files immediatly and not sharing, I just don't have the time / resources to devote to ripping for this site, sharing for this site, downloading things I want, keeping up with the emulation and the xbox scene + keeping my relationship going. It's hard to balance real and virtual life sometimes, the more involved you get the harder it becomes and I've let relationships suffer in the past because of the "scene".

I give what little I can with the time and resources I have, I'd like it to be more but I'm not allowing anything to impinge on my real life again ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:55 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
I am still a positive sharer in the fact I have uploaded about 80% more than I have donwloaded, and I also try to share HHAH stuff as a priority.

I also agree with Mr Scream, TV eps and mainstream films have there own releasers and spreaders, so I concentrate on HHAH stuff and any spare slots/bandwidth gets used by other shit.

My current stats are 39 gig down and 71 gig up, and before that it was a similar ratio.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:21 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
Simple equation : If you're releasing, you're not leeching.

You're bringing something new to the network, not just helping the flow of existing files. While the latter is important, the former is absolutely vital (IMO) or the network wouldn't have anything new to offer. I guess you can't have one without the other, but for every 1 person releasing there must be at least 100 sharing.

I admit it, I download lots of mainstream stuff and remove it immediately from my share when it's complete. It's always set on 'Very Low', with my own releases on rls or high priority. The way I see it, there's plenty of people moving 'The Hulk' on, so my releases should get higher priority. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:23 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
yeah yeah... just keep'em coming, i will be waithing to click'em all :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:24 pm  Post subject:
a member of the recently deceased

hmm, even with low priority there r always so many requests - so i upload more than download for mainstream movies.
and they r alive for long time. so i unshare it immidiately after dl'ing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:45 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
Cheers guys sounds like we're all on the same track.

It is hard but again, emule has to keep moving otherwise no new stuff would be released. And again with the power to donload a file some-body hasn't completed i think this is the key to shared files lasting.

I checked my terror Train release and it showed 17 full sources but all in all there must have been 30+ people that could complete a file to a person. BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO SHARE WHAT PARTS THEY'VE GOT

I know Torrents are fast and have great files, but I love emule and hope it stays forever :beerchug:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:50 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Hey Mr Scream, torrents are indeed real fast, but the lifespan of releases is so fuckin short. I only use torrent for new TV episodes, and that is it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:51 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
I think it would almost be a crime to share files with loads of sources and push people out of your queue for a file with only a couple. I don't think every file on the network should have the same amount of sources (everyone likes those fast downloads of popular files), but taking care of the "wanted" small sources files is king... those files you can't get anywhere else. So many places and programs to use to get popular stuff. I feel relieved to get rid of some 1000+ source file outta my share, but I'd try to be the first to reshare if needed. As long as your upload is more than your download, how can you not be helping the network?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:31 pm  Post subject:

karstmobile
yay, right