Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:53 pm  Post subject: Original DVD Cover Art - Anyone As Picky As ME????

Buried In The Backyard
Ok, So I Admit it.. I'm a picky asshole when it comes to cover art.. I collected horror movies seince I was 8, So I have a whole movie store worth of horror VHS & BETA tapes with original cover art. (Not to mention Laserdiscs). Besides the ROTLD2 I already put the art I did for it up from the Laserdisc, Check out the Trick Or Treat original I did from the BETA Tape scans. I use DVD Type smoth paper for printing, so they seariously look like they are store-bought. And i've been using my Lightscribe alot of my discs. I fool alot of my friends lol.

This is the DVD Release cover I bought... I hate this.. It's nothing compared to the original!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:16 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
I agree. I would rather see the originals.

I like the poster even more:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:18 pm  Post subject:

Buried In The Backyard
I have that poster and the UK Subway poster, The UK one looks really cool. I luckially got it rolled but my original U.S. poster is folded :(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:40 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
...well me obviously

Here`s some DVD Sleeves i created for a site i was in the process of making when my host was hacked.

Check these out:-
http://www.mediafire.com/?bgkdbuby0m4

There are 123 Sleeves in the Zip file above, and I have about 700 other VHS sleeve scans that could be converted too....

**dunno whether the link is against forum rules, if it is let me know and i`ll edit my post**

...Oh and watch this space or something as i have just decided to sort a site out again, i`ve just been in PM with SacrifyX about this and i`m getting the sleeves to add to mine and will be sorting it out in the near future.

CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A GOOD FREE HOST...

...i dont suppose it`ll be bandwidth thats the issue but more the amount of files they allow and updateable via ftp..

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 6:54 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
I'm not really that picky. I'll even admit this: there were two Evil Dead DVDs in the store. One had that picture on the front with the girl being dragged underneath the ground, the other one had Bruce Campbell holding the chainsaw over his head on the cover. While that latter cover is way cololer than the first one, I still bought the first one, because 1) it was cheaper and 2) it fitted better together with my other DVDs because it was from the same company (so same layout on the backsleeve, etc).

I'm only picky in length: I want the longest, most uncut version of a movie, and I'll always buy an uncut DVD over a cut one even though if the latter has original cover art, way more cool extras, etc.

Most of the time my DVDs are just standing there on the shelf and I can't even see the cover art, so why bother? My guess is that this will be sacrilege to you, eh? LOL, no, seriously, what matters to me is the movie itself. So I'm very glad you're putting so much effort in releasing ROTLD 2 in a proper way, because the score is part of the movie, and a very important one.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:07 pm  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
Word, I fucking HATE DVD cover layout! VHS was so much better.

I keep my DVD-r's in maps blank, very boring, but I don't like illusions. If I want the real deal, I buy it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:14 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
...thats somewhat my point, you get the edition of the movie YOU want and then if you like download the vintage cover art and print the cover if thats what you want to do...

....plus it gives me a self important glow (ehem), to know i can make better sleeves on my own at home than some of the major DVD companies can employing design companies.....

...some of the recent DVD sleeves i`ve seen for older movies just plain offend the eye....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:19 pm  Post subject:

Buried In The Backyard
Slayer wrote:
I'm not really that picky. I'll even admit this: there were two Evil Dead DVDs in the store. One had that picture on the front with the girl being dragged underneath the ground, the other one had Bruce Campbell holding the chainsaw over his head on the cover. While that latter cover is way cololer than the first one, I still bought the first one, because 1) it was cheaper and 2) it fitted better together with my other DVDs because it was from the same company (so same layout on the backsleeve, etc).

I'm only picky in length: I want the longest, most uncut version of a movie, and I'll always buy an uncut DVD over a cut one even though if the latter has original cover art, way more cool extras, etc.

Most of the time my DVDs are just standing there on the shelf and I can't even see the cover art, so why bother? My guess is that this will be sacrilege to you, eh? LOL, no, seriously, what matters to me is the movie itself. So I'm very glad you're putting so much effort in releasing ROTLD 2 in a proper way, because the score is part of the movie, and a very important one.

You have to be picky with the length.. I wouldn't want some edited shit. I guess it has something to do with always seeing the original art as a kid for me. I was a weird fuckin kid. I use to love the art so much i'd sit and stare at it for hours on end.. So they all have some senitmental value to me in a strange way I suppose. Nice to find other people that can agree!
:)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:26 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
My parents forbade me to watch movies and too much TV when I was 3 years old. Now see what happened!!

Seriously: my exaggerated interest in movies (at least that's what my gf calls it ;)) has been seeded in my childhood which was next to anti-movie. My mother can't take watching movies because she'll have bad dreams about it. Same goes for my sister. So I don't have any sentimental feelings for old movies, I missed out on famous TV shows klike The A-team (I watched the re-runs when I was a student) and on famous movies like "Back to the Future". Friends and colleagues alike are amazed when I tell them this :)

I'm catching up watching stuff, sometimes even 6 movies per day, to make up for the loss I had twenty years ago. Wow, this sounds dramatic. I'm not suffering or anything like it, it's just how it went down.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:51 pm  Post subject:

Buried In The Backyard
That sucks... I started with horror movies after my real dad made me watch the first Child's Play, MADE me. I didn't want to... lol. After that I thought my fucking dolls were going to hang me by my fucking intestines. But I couldn't get enough horror movies.. After that i'd pick a new one out every day at the video rental store and when I turned 14 I started working at one in a small town in AR wich carried a pretty large amount of horror movies, wich i own every one they had for rent now (that didn't end up ruined or stolen).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:55 pm  Post subject:

Buried In The Backyard
Wow EthrielTD! You did some great work on the scans... You are from the UK.. We will have to do some swapping! I'll send you a big .ZIP of some cases I scanned. You got some Alternate art different from the U.S.A. I really Do Enjoy!!! Excellent job! If I could've seen this stuff 9 years ago I would've went ape shit over it! lol.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:00 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Oh, and you're not going ape shit over it now? :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:04 pm  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
Watched Dracula at 5, never got over it, haha. I think it was one of the color Hammer versions... It started with a woman going down a stair, then impaling dracula.

Anyway, I've always loved horror movies, I was allowed to see most, a bit too scared myself though in the beginning. now: I'm more glad than ever i got into them, muahahaha!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:04 pm  Post subject:

Buried In The Backyard
I've seen most of them before, jsut not high quality scans like this. I am impressed lol.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:29 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
My Mom told me once when i was about 7, that whenever i'd do bad shit that Danny Glick the kid from Salem's Lot would come visit me by my window :lol:
yeah..that really worked out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:27 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Well, at least your mom had watched Salem's Lot then :wink:

This SacrifyX guy never returned, did he?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:27 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
I put DVDs in a CD case and create a simple cover using a poster from the internet. :wink: