Why not register?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:12 pm  Post subject: My Collection Has Been Stolen

The Ancient One
Yes... PURE has taken it upon himself to copy/paste my TROMA collection onto SBIG with full intentions of relinking it to SBIG topics.
Pure wrote:
I'll start adding links to SBiG threads asap

I've spent weeks on this & if I wanted to post it on SBIG, I would have done after I'd finished it, which I havent done.

What makes this worse is that ASSHOLE never asked me if he could do it, or even told me he had done & I stumbled across it quite by accident yesterday.

Rule#3:
Iconoclast wrote:
Rules & Guidelines

3. Don't just copy someone's whole collection and post it elsewhere. Doing collection is a big job. You would be stealing all his hard work and that for sure isn't accetable.

If he is allowed to get away with this, whats gonna be next? your collection? the UEC? This needs to be dealt with in a manner that sets an example that you cant STEAL collections from this site.

Anyone who has made even a small collection, let alone anything the size of this should be able to understand exactly how much effort goes into it & why I'm so fucking pissed off. :cussing: :voodoo:

Last edited by BadBugs on Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:22 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
What collection? :(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:26 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
I did say above, my Troma Collection: http://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic.php?t=14629

its not like stealing 1 movie post, this is almost 400 films & has taken me weeks/months to build up. :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:08 pm  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
Wow thats kinda low. Mybe he was trying to help save you the time of posting it other places or trying to get more people to jump on your links. But still he should of asked/ pmed you. With him being here for so long he should of known better.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:22 pm  Post subject:

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
so you're basically telling me that you've NEVER copied a post of someone else to another forum??

I don't see a problem here. we over at sbig always give credit to the original poster (which I haven't seen anyone do anywhere else, including here), its in our rules

I'm sure Pure just forgot that

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:26 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Excuse me?

You think that stealing my collection & editing it to suit SBIG is acceptable?

& I DO NOT & NEVER WILL "STEAL" a movie post let alone a collection.

antropomorphic wrote:
ts in our rules

Go back & look why it was added to your rules coz I remember the day Lux added it & why.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:30 pm  Post subject:

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
if you have a problem with it, you should send Pure a pm in stead of yelling here, this won't do you any good (or at least thats the way I see it)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:37 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
You think I havent already tried that?

Whatever you think of this thread, its here because I choose to post it & wether you think its perfectly fine to steal a collection thats taken so long to make, I dont & its against not only HHAH rules, but common courtesy & respect.

If he'd asked me I may have given him the FHC but he chose to do it behind my back coz I was working away & probably thought I wasnt coming back!

Opportunist thief is what I call it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:38 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
BadBugs wrote:
Yes... PURE has taken it upon himself to copy/paste my TROMA collection onto SBIG with full intentions of relinking it to SBIG topics.
Pure wrote:
I'll start adding links to SBiG threads asap

I've spent weeks on this & if I wanted to post it on SBIG, I would have done after I'd finished it, which I havent done.

What makes this worse is that ASSHOLE never asked me if he could do it, or even told me he had done & I stumbled across it quite by accident yesterday.

:lol: PURE ASSHOLE, yeah that about covers me allright.
Yes i'm using your collection as a 'workprint' for a collection that pretty much is the same as yours here, covering all movies from Troma upto now.
Next, my intention is not only to relink the available links in the collection but aswell get them myself, adding possible new information, screens, etc.
I can understand you have spend weeks on it, and yes i was trying to make my life easier by at forehand copying you collection data. Also i thought this way the missing links would be faster added since more users @ SBiG are into bad movies then users from here.

BadBugs wrote:
Rule#3:
Iconoclast wrote:
Rules & Guidelines

3. Don't just copy someone's whole collection and post it elsewhere. Doing collection is a big job. You would be stealing all his hard work and that for sure isn't accetable.

If he is allowed to get away with this, whats gonna be next? your collection? the UEC? This needs to be dealt with in a manner that sets an example that you cant STEAL collections from this site.

Anyone who has made even a small collection, let alone anything the size of this should be able to understand exactly how much effort goes into it & why I'm so fucking pissed off. :cussing: :voodoo:

Look at the posts i made here and you'll see that there are a number of smaller and bigger collections done by myself i don't mind anybody copying them, even without notice. Yes this is mentioned in the rules, i didn;t recall this and yes this was my error. If you are this upset by it, why didn't you pm me there or here and let me know what's up? Much easier i would say, instead of telling me i'm a asshole.
:mrgreen:

Anyway if it's that time of the month let me know by PM and i'll make sure it'll get erased :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:41 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
I've just noticed you've send me a PM. If you want and can get the others to ban me go ahead. But i'm pretty sure that's not gonna get done. So relax and actions are taken.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:41 pm  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
Of course, it's a lot of time you put into it, and therefore it's annoying you don't get credit from it the way he uses it. BUT. Noone has any "rights" as such when it comes to "trading" films like this. To me, it's part of the game that the efford gets nailed. In a way, it is positive that more people get to see your work.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:42 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Read your pm then as I sent it hours ago & yes, delete it as its not your work!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:44 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
My fucking Sig on SBIG is a link to the TROMA Collection on here so there was no reason to steal it from here!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:45 pm  Post subject:

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
why are you so pissed in the first place m8? I can understand you put some work in it, but moving a collection around (& in this case modding it, which is technically not against hhah's rules), only helps spreading the rare stuff we all need badly.

you deserve the credit though

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:46 pm  Post subject:

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
BadBugs wrote:
My fucking Sig on SBIG is a link to the TROMA Collection on here so there was no reason to steal it from here!

ok, here's the deal: pure will remove it & you'll put it up again

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:49 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
STR puts a lot of work into getting rips out, and they get copied and pasted all over the place, quite often minus the tags. Although it can be a pisser when things get de/retagged, it's just the internet unfortunately.

FWIW Pure posted the STR collection over at SBiG, after asking us if it was OK. Even if he hadn't it wouldn't have been that big a deal.

Is there something running a little deeper here?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:52 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
I'm pissed off coz I was never asked or told about this before or after it happened & it is against HHAH rules that I quoted above & Pure knew this as he also makes collections.
Like I said, if he'd asked, I'd have probably passed over the FHC but the underhand way it was done has really got me mad.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:05 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
I think BadBugs is right here in the first place.

You can't copy someone's work, change it a bit and make it look like you created it. That is plagiarism. Don't tell me that this is about illegal stuff. That doesn't matter. It's not right. You have to give credit to the real author and at least say that your work is based upon his/her work. :matrix:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:11 pm  Post subject:

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
elchupacabra wrote:
You have to give credit to the real author and at least say that your work is based upon his/her work. :matrix:

you mean like ask around who ripped the movie YOU decided to verify & give him all the credit in that post or collection you're making?? I don't see that happening either

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:15 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
If you don't see that happening, doesn't mean it's alright.

Of course if you don't know who created it, you can only post where it is from and when you got it. But it seems to me it was all clear here.