Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:54 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
Slayer wrote:
karstmobile wrote:
History is so polluted with lies and half-truths. It is like a movie that is "Based on a true story". :lol:

Not entirely true.

So you are saying my statement about half-truths is a half-truth... :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:57 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
@wargand, I seriously hope most of these people are serious. That would be a really bad advert for religion.

@slayer, it made me laugh too. Not because the stories are amusing, they ain't. Rather, it has more to do with the fact that most people never cease to me amaze me with hypocrisy. In my eyes Christianity is more to do with treating other people right than anything else, how can these people treat, and think of, other people so badly and yet claim to be better?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:02 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
@karst and slayer, the trouble with history is you never get the full story, so to speak. You rarely get accurate truth, alot of it is written by victors of wars, idiots, all kinds of weirdos. Bits are missing, other bits get exaggerated or just plain made up to fill the gaps.

I hate to think what will be written about me in the future. As long as they don't say I went bald or was impotent I don't really care.

I love and hate chats about religion. It is one of those subjects that most people have pretty strong feelings and convictions about. As long as things stay mature they can be very enlightening. Thank fuck we are all adults here, we got no worries about this degenerating into a slanging match. :beerchug:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:13 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
karstmobile wrote:
Slayer wrote:
karstmobile wrote:
History is so polluted with lies and half-truths. It is like a movie that is "Based on a true story". :lol:

Not entirely true.

So you are saying my statement about half-truths is a half-truth... :lol:

Yup :mrgreen:
And I'm right, of course.

TaKYoN wrote:
@slayer, it made me laugh too. Not because the stories are amusing, they ain't. Rather, it has more to do with the fact that most people never cease to me amaze me with hypocrisy.

I get it. I laughed at some of the quotes myself (read page nr 1, my latest post there).

TaKYoN wrote:
@karst and slayer, the trouble with history is you never get the full story, so to speak. You rarely get accurate truth, alot of it is written by victors of wars, idiots, all kinds of weirdos. Bits are missing, other bits get exaggerated or just plain made up to fill the gaps.

That's why my job is so beautiful. I can never be wrong. Or I'm always wrong, but it can never be proved. :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:17 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Slayer wrote:
That's why my job is so beautiful. I can never be wrong. Or I'm always wrong, but it can never be proved. :twisted:

That was fucking funny my friend. Shit like that is why I love coming here. Either that or just too much smoko. :shadey:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:21 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Quote:
Average Rating: 4.67
Rated 1055 times.
Rate this quote:
1 2 3 4 5
Meh Fundie!
This past spring I was expelled from my high school. Why? Because I'm a Christian. There was a girl in my class who was wiccan, and I didn't want demons to possess me or anyone else and save her from satan. So, I told her that her faith was evil and told her to accept Jesus as Savior and she would be saved. Simple as that. Just say the sinners prayer and you can be saved!

Well I got sent to the principal for that. She said I was 'discriminating' against her religion. I was only doing what the Bible, God, Jesus and my pastor said! How is that wrong!?

Well, afterwards I was forced to aplologize, even though it's a sin to, so I never meant what I said. So, instead I put a copy of a Jack Chick tract in her locker about how wicca and a paganism lead to murder, rape and other horrible things because it lets the devil get inside of you. I also left a little note about how she was going to hell. I was hoping she would see the error of her ways and repent from the evil, disgusting 'religion'.

Instead I was called down to the principal again and this time there were two police officers there. And they said I was under arrest for harrasing this girl and threatening her! What did I do? I just wanted her to accept Jesus and be saved! Now her family (all evil, stupid, disgusting god hating wiccans) want to sue me for discrimination and creating a hostile workplace! How is that fair? She's the one who's discriminating against me because I'm one with the LORD!

Jesus is the only way to salvation! It's that simple people! No pope, wicca, or anything stupid like that! JESUS ONLY! Why is is wrong to tell others that? It's all the fault of the ACLU and simlar atheist organizations trying to destroy us Christians. Next they'll want to genocide us for doing our Godly work.

Meg, Myspace [Comments (236)] [2007-Aug-11]

This one also made me laugh. Expelled because you're christian? How about expelled because you're stupid?

This one is also hilarious:
Quote:
[One Christian speaking to another]

You are banned. You are not a Christian for Christians don't accuse brothers and sisters in Christ of being non-Christian.

This one however, makes my blood boil:
Quote:
A man can have sexual pleasure from a child as young as a baby. However he should not penetrate, sodomising the child is OK. If the man penetrates and damages the child then he should be responsible for her subsistence all her life. This girl, however does not count as one of his four permanent wives. The man will not be eligible to marry the girl's sister.

I'd love to see a graph in which the posters of those quotes are dotted on a worldmap. I think some of my prejudices will be confirmed that way.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:28 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Yeah I saw that one earlier. They really are most insane. That has either got to be one of the funniest jokes I have read in a while, or that person is really fucked in the brainbox.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:24 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
For every lion that doesn't eat a Christian, I'm gonna eat three.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:45 am  Post subject:

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
one word DOGMA hehe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:08 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
I dropped the issue since I couldn't be arsed dealing with the God squad.

I found this book:
Jesus Outside the New Testament: Introduction to the Ancient Evidence (Studying the Historical Jesus)
Which I'm going to buy. It sounds interesting and compiles a lot of the early non-gospel accounts. Its written by a hardened Christian of course, and this book always seems to be quoted (or at least the casting assertions out of context I suspect) but i figure it is a good place to find the grounding people seem to have and their point of certainty :)

If anyone cares, I'll come back with a review of the book.

Quote:
Whilest I agree homosexuality is not what nature intended, I have no problems with gay people.

Are you sure about what nature intended in this instance? Reason i'd have doubt about it would be that homosexuality is present in hundreds, if not thousands of species so its not isolated or restricted to consciousness or intelligence. Although it seems its most prominently in mammals. It would actually be a solid design by nature since it would be a great way of it addressing the huge overpopulation issue we have at present.

Although I can see the concern amongst some people regarding the theory that nature is survival of the fittest and evolution, it actually collaborates the concept of society/community evolution where individuals sacrifice themselves for the survival of the community. My feeble mind fails to recall the theory, it was something like the "heroe gene" and was used to explain a few animal species where individuals would 'sacrifice' themselves to ensure the preservation of the species as a whole and how this does not conflict at all with evolution.

I digress anyway, I just wouldn't say it is not nature when it is so omni-present across the nature as a whole, and it doesn't necessarily defunct evolution as a concept if that's the nature reference.

Except for lesbians of course, that's just not fair on straight men :wacky:

:googley:

edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual ... in_animals
I wouldn't go by wikipedia at all, but you can do some source leeching as any good student would do seems i understated the number of species :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:37 am  Post subject:

Will Tear Your Soul Apart
Arguing with an evangelical christian is like arguing with a 4 year old. I stopped bothering. the shit sucks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:45 am  Post subject:

Buried In The Backyard
*low, deep droaning voice* In nomini Satannas, e Luciferius, e Spiritu Diablosss... :watchingyou:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:41 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
In my opinion life is all about love. Everybody needs love or you feel like you are missing a part of yourself. You have to love life, yourself and others. I also believe that when we die our spirit lives on. :)

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)