Why not register?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:25 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror night at the dorm

Servant Of The Dead Donkey
Have to agree that reading Subs is not at all distracting and opens up a whole new choicein viewing.

I can heartely recommend a french film called Doberman... especially for the Grenade in the bike helmet scene :eatthis:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:23 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror night at the dorm

The Devil, Probably
Slayer wrote:
He, you must be under 20 to say something like "this post is too long to read" :mrgreen:

Nope, I am older than that. But what does it have to do with that anyway? Nevermind. :wink:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:40 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror night at the dorm

The Ancient One
It has something to do with younger people not used to reading long texts (I'm a teacher, remember? ;))

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:39 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror night at the dorm

The Devil, Probably
Slayer wrote:
It has something to do with younger people not used to reading long texts (I'm a teacher, remember? ;))

Right, I remember. But according to my web usability studies the people on the net have to be offered 25% of the text they would normally read on paper or else they would skip it. That is just what happend with spud's post. :mrgreen:

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:48 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror night at the dorm

The Ancient One
:lol: Well, it has to be an age thing, coz 99% of the time I read through long posts. Occassionally when they are technobabble I move on & go back for a second look later but thats not often :watchingyou:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:49 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror night at the dorm

The Ancient One
BadBugs wrote:
Well, it has to be an age thing...

Once again I'm right ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:19 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror night at the dorm

The Devil, Probably
How about "Masque Of The Red Death (1990)" for the second film in the "Fameless Flicks" section?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:22 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror night at the dorm

The Ancient One
How about you just show some movies and have fun?

Or are you asking so much because you haven't seen all those movies yourself? If so, I can't help you out on this last one: I haven't seen it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:48 am  Post subject: Re: Horror night at the dorm

The Devil, Probably
Slayer wrote:
How about you just show some movies and have fun?

Or are you asking so much because you haven't seen all those movies yourself? If so, I can't help you out on this last one: I haven't seen it.

I am asking that much because I have only seen about 1% of what is available on this site. So I thought you could give me some advise. Well, I guess you already did. So I will finish the list this week and get down to the things regarding organisation of the event.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:55 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror night at the dorm

The Ancient One
I think most of us have only seen 1% of what's on this site. But I think that you, like many others, have seen enough good stuff to organise three nights like this :thumbsup: Good luck on organising the event!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:35 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror night at the dorm

The Devil, Probably
Slayer wrote:
I think most of us have only seen 1% of what's on this site. But I think that you, like many others, have seen enough good stuff to organise three nights like this :thumbsup: Good luck on organising the event!

Thank you! I replaced "Night of the Creeps" with "House" since it is more funny. I decided to show the first movie without a vote and let the students decided what they want to see after "Ravenous" (sorry Slayer, you might hate me for showing this). :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:49 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror night at the dorm

The Ancient One
No, I don't hate people for having a different opinion than me! If you really like it, then by all means show it!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:53 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror night at the dorm

The Ancient One
/me adds Ravenous to the to watch at the weekend list

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:29 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror night at the dorm

The Devil, Probably
/me removes Ravenous from the "to show list". :mrgreen:
Instead I added another group called "Brand New Shockers" including three rather new horror movies. :D
Furthermore "Kairo" got replaced by "One Missed Call".

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:12 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror night at the dorm

Site Admin
How about rarities and put on some rare cuts / etc.?

I enjoyed this one for starters:
http://www.dead-donkey.com/modules/shar ... ies&id=813

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:01 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror night at the dorm

The Devil, Probably
The "Horror Movie Night" is scheduled for 24th of June. :beerchug:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:34 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror night at the dorm

The Ancient One
By then you have had 4 months of preparation... wow.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:41 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror night at the dorm

The Devil, Probably
Well, it was not preparation all the time - I've benn studying and working. It took some time to download all those movies too. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:12 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror night at the dorm

The Ancient One
Hehe, did you find subs for all those?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:35 pm  Post subject: Re: Horror night at the dorm

The Devil, Probably
For the not english movies of the 12 :beerchug: I am going to offer - yes, I did.