Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:36 am  Post subject: Question for HHAH's film experts...

Blood Sucking Freak
Does anyone know of any movie in any genre that was partially filmed with a child actor and then completed filming when the child grew to be a teen/adult?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:03 pm  Post subject: Re: Question for HHAH's film experts...

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
you mean like a movie that has been in the making for 15 years or so??

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:57 pm  Post subject: Re: Question for HHAH's film experts...

Dead But Dreaming
I think Devil Times Five (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071413/) had Leif Garrett as a kid
and because of many many production problems was continued a few years later. The shots
that were filmed later on had Garrett kind of obscured because they didn't want to show how
much he had grown.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:02 pm  Post subject: Re: Question for HHAH's film experts...

The Ancient One
There's this special movieproject whoich is called 15 years or something like that (can't remember the correct number of years). It follows several people in their lives, returning to those persons after 15 (or that other number) years to see what has happened to them. It' more a documentary than a film.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:59 pm  Post subject: Re: Question for HHAH's film experts...

Servant Of The Dead Donkey
Off the top of my head no....think that'll only happen in Sequals i.e. Harry Potter and the like.

It's a good question and i've been having a look and will continue.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:05 pm  Post subject: Re: Question for HHAH's film experts...

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
Deadly Spawn Return of the Aliens maybe?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:21 pm  Post subject: Re: Question for HHAH's film experts...

Master Of The Dead Donkey
Slayer wrote:
There's this special movieproject whoich is called 15 years or something like that (can't remember the correct number of years). It follows several people in their lives, returning to those persons after 15 (or that other number) years to see what has happened to them. It' more a documentary than a film.

There's a (still ongoing) British docmentary serial, originally called 'Seven Up' where it took a bunch of children, aged 7 funnily enough, from different backrounds etc. It then caught up with them every seven years since. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058578/

I would guess '49 Up' happened in 2006.

Porobably a format originating in/repeated in other countries.

As far as feature film type stuffs go then I've read about a few examples of extended shoots, however the only one that leaps to mind is: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118840/
Footage, in total, taken over about a decade.

No use at all, I'd imagine.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:22 pm  Post subject: Re: Question for HHAH's film experts...

The Ancient One
Yes, 7 up it was. Thanks perkin!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:54 pm  Post subject: Re: Question for HHAH's film experts...

Blood Sucking Freak
Seen it adverttised on four one time, peace.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:57 am  Post subject: Re: Question for HHAH's film experts...

Blood Sucking Freak
sorry I didnt return to this thread immediately, as DD was on the fritz for me the past couple (?) of days. Thanks to everyone for the replies though, probably more answers than I ever would have found anywhere else :beerchug: