Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:20 pm  Post subject: BAM! Part 2: The Revenge (Dir Cut)

Blood Sucking Freak
Howdy, basically I'm shocke dlike.

That is a picture of every DVD I own, minus a few that have been lent to friends. I dunno how many is there, I didn't count them.

That is a picture of how many I have yet to watch. Some I have had for 6 months and still haven't watched. Why am I still buying DVD's when I haven't watched all I have. Thats messed up, anyone else buy stuff and never watch it.

I know alot of you download so same question, do you ever download stuff and never watch it. I know I used to.

Hugs.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:32 pm  Post subject: Re: BAM! Part 2: The Revenge (Dir Cut)

The Ancient One
Haha nice bed. :mrgreen:

I own about half the number of movies. When I download something it gets on my "to watch queue" (which is basically my table :)). The queue is no particular order and it's quite full (erhm... high) by now. I'll have to start emptying it. :wacky:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:33 pm  Post subject: Re: BAM! Part 2: The Revenge (Dir Cut)

The Ancient One
I have 538 DVDs at the moment, of which I have watched 308. Because that is the majority, I'm not worried.

With downloaded avis the watched part is even bigger. I have something like 130 avis which I haven't watched yet (out of some 550). I pick my downloads pretty carefully, I don't just click it all and eventually maybe watch it. I decide wherther to download or not, and very often I bought the DVD after having watched the avi.

Since I have 230 DVDs left to watch and you only 11 (which would take me ~1 week to watch), I don't actually understand the title of this topic. Nor why you are shocked.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:57 pm  Post subject: Re: BAM! Part 2: The Revenge (Dir Cut)

The Devil, Probably
Only posers buy DVDs to never watch them. :twisted:

I have about 450 dvds now, watched them all! most watched multiples times.

and isn't there already a thread for this?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:06 pm  Post subject: Re: BAM! Part 2: The Revenge (Dir Cut)

The Ancient One
No, not one about DVDs and certainly not one called BAM! Part2: the revenge.

There was one about downloads, though.

I forgot to mention that I have DVDs which I have watched multiple times too. I'm a watchmonster, but there's simply not more than 24 hours in a day, so I can't watch them all at the rate I'm buying them. I can't help it: they're so cheap!

Next vacation I will have more time and I will use it to watch loads of movies, but I'm starting with the avis.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:09 pm  Post subject: Re: BAM! Part 2: The Revenge (Dir Cut)

The Ancient One
Slayer wrote:
Next vacation I will have more time and ...

That's why I envy teachers. :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:36 pm  Post subject: Re: BAM! Part 2: The Revenge (Dir Cut)

The Ancient One
Hehe, I only own 5 DVDs 8)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:35 pm  Post subject: Re: BAM! Part 2: The Revenge (Dir Cut)

Blood Sucking Freak
Slayer does it not bother you that you still have 230 DVDs left to watch, that I assume you paid for. Even if you got a really really good deal on every single one and paid no more than £2.50 for each thats still £575 worth of DVD's that tyou havent watched.

Thats like buying a laptop or a big tv and never using it. I know they will get watched at some point so my angle doesn't hold much water but still alot of money.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:13 am  Post subject: Re: BAM! Part 2: The Revenge (Dir Cut)

Site Admin
There's another thread somewhere with people's collections.

I recently got a HD-DVD player dirt cheap (bought as an upscaling dvd player mainly), and have bought some of the now <£5 hd-dvd releases. I know its a dead format and what not, but price to quality ratio is at the sweet spot since its collapse. Planning on getting a 1080p projector so it needs some food :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:51 am  Post subject: Re: BAM! Part 2: The Revenge (Dir Cut)

Blood Sucking Freak
I bought a HD player when they were in full flow and got no regrets, got seven free movies, and now got a few more movies. Peace. HD is rocking, but blu ray wont be wicked until you can buy movies for 25p like i do at work from trade in customers.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:04 pm  Post subject: Re: BAM! Part 2: The Revenge (Dir Cut)

The Devil, Probably
Slayer wrote:
I can't help it: they're so cheap!

One could argue about that. There are lots of movies I would like to buy but I don't since the price is above 20 €. These movies often only have the film on the disc and nothing else. No audio dubs, subtitles or extras. That's when I rather download them.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:13 pm  Post subject: Re: BAM! Part 2: The Revenge (Dir Cut)

Site Admin
RedVeil wrote:
Slayer wrote:

One could argue about that. There are lots of movies I would like to buy but I don't since the price is above 20 €. These movies often only have the film on the disc and nothing else. No audio dubs, subtitles or extras. That's when I rather download them.

i thought he was talking about the specials not rrp. RRP is a joke, £29.99 for a bluray? WTF is that?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:14 pm  Post subject: Re: BAM! Part 2: The Revenge (Dir Cut)

Master Of The Dead Donkey
That bed... are you in prison?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:18 pm  Post subject: Re: BAM! Part 2: The Revenge (Dir Cut)

Blood Sucking Freak
Thats a super bed, ain't no prison bed son, just cause I aint got the care bears bed spread like yourself don't mean its a prison bed.

I bought the science of sleep today from HMV for 3 pound, good price, they got other good stuff there for £3. I don't get how they can charge so much for a dvd £15 when they can also sell them so cheap. Supply and demand, I know. It's al about bargin hunting with the DVD buying though.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:01 pm  Post subject: Re: BAM! Part 2: The Revenge (Dir Cut)

The Ancient One
Jack wrote:
Slayer does it not bother you that you still have 230 DVDs left to watch, that I assume you paid for. Even if you got a really really good deal on every single one and paid no more than £2.50 for each thats still £575 worth of DVD's that tyou havent watched.

Thats like buying a laptop or a big tv and never using it. I know they will get watched at some point so my angle doesn't hold much water but still alot of money.

No, it doesn't bother me at all. Like you say: they will get watched at some point. Last summer I spent two months without internet and boy, was I happy that I had so many films to watch yet! I also watch at a pretty high rate: I watch 7-10 movies a week, sometimes even more. It's less than a year of watching we're talking about, and a year is nothing. I plan to live for another 60 at least, so...

RedVeil wrote:
Slayer wrote:

I very often buy my DVDs second hand. This means they cost something between 2 and 5 Euros a piece. Then I really don't care if there's no extras, I seldomly watch extras in the first place. A DVD bought for two Euros is cheaper than a downloaded movie. I have maybe two or three DVDs in my entire collection which have cost me 20 or more.

spudthedestroyer wrote:
i thought he was talking about the specials not rrp. RRP is a joke, £29.99 for a bluray? WTF is that?

Well, that's ripping off customers.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:29 pm  Post subject: Re: BAM! Part 2: The Revenge (Dir Cut)

Blood Sucking Freak
Slayer you watch alot of movies, you are cool in my book! What motivates you to watch so many, sometimes I just dont feel too motivated, in the mood to watch a movie.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:39 pm  Post subject: Re: BAM! Part 2: The Revenge (Dir Cut)

The Ancient One
Yesterday was the first evening in a very long time in which I didn't watch a movie. I watched a Southpark episode, though :wink:

What motivates me? I think two things:

1) When I was little (like 3 years old or something) I already wanted to watch TV the entire day. My parents even told me several times the TV was broken, because I wanted to keep watching all the time. Then, growing up, I wasn't able to watch everything I wanted to watch as my parents both don't like movies/TV, so I only watched movies outside of my home or on the sparse occasion when both my parents were away at night. To make up for it, I started to watch everything I could watch when I was a student. Hell, I even watched those damned "based on a true story" housewife movies. After a while I started selecting a little, then some more, then even more selecting. Now I mostly watch horror, warmovies and bad movies which are laughable. Oh, and historical movies.

2) I really like to show movies to an audience, being it horror or bad movies which are laughable. So I keep searching for the best movies to show other people. To achieve this, I have to watch a lot.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:11 pm  Post subject: Re: BAM! Part 2: The Revenge (Dir Cut)

Blood Sucking Freak
respect to slayer!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:51 pm  Post subject: Re: BAM! Part 2: The Revenge (Dir Cut)

The Ancient One
I know I'm a genius and all. I wish more people would see what you obviously understand already.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:16 am  Post subject: Re: BAM! Part 2: The Revenge (Dir Cut)

The Devil, Probably
I thought this was supposed to be a superthread?! I read the prelude post 'BAM', but the hype just didn't live up.
I see no love interest*, no plot, jesus christ, not even any nudidty!

could have at the least a car chase. A topless car chase.

(Jack's superthread-edited to my version)
Howdy, basically I'm shocke dlike.
I decided yesterday to put as many dvd's into the microwave** as possible and turn it on after i blew the pilot lights*** out in the stove and turned the gas up all morning.
Strangely enough, flamable and inflamable mean the exact same thing! Anyway, the trip to the hospital was exciting. We ran thru all the red lights. I asked why we didn't just take the ambulance, but the price of gas/petrol was too expensive and they hit me and slung me over thier back, telling me to shut the fuck up. The nurses said, and I think I agree the whole new wave/punk look is making a comeback, and now that I don't have any eyebrows = I'm a trend setter. It's a look most people cant pull off, but i do it with style. And once my skin grafts take, i can share more intimate moments with my girlfriend without all the seepage from the infected areas. She's a swell girl, more than happy to suck out all the puss with a straw. Now that's love.

Hugs,
(watch the leaking)
Jack
-transcribed by monkeysmasher.-

*where's Takyon?
**or whatever you europeans call a microwave. Probably a 'steaml box','tea stove' or a 'jiffy-koo'.
***hey, it's my sexual peak....like you've never experimented with forbidden love.

'I thought it was obvious, you sillly girl.
I'm a monster. I do monstrous things.'