Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:53 pm  Post subject: The other night I had an epiphany.

The Ancient One
Sorry guys but this has fuck all to do with horror or movies whatsoever, it is about me.

The other night I was laying in bed, next to my beautiful wife as she slept and I realised, out of the blue, that my life is actually pretty fucking awesome. I am not rich, if anything I earn alot less than the national average, but I am happy and that is, after all, what really counts. I have a family that love and support me, and I return the favour. I have a low paid job, but I work with a fucking brilliant fella and I love the work.

The reason I came to this conclusion is because lately I have spent a lot of time deep in thought trying to correct certain character flaws I have, some selfishness, problems with becoming hooked on whatever form of 'relaxation' I choose (drugs) and a real problem with obsessing on negative things in my life. I had a real inability to actually express what I was feeling, and this was just leading to frustration that was being released as anger, not good at all. TBH it almost forced a split between my wife and I, and I did not even see it coming and she just assumed I was bored with her and had no time, a bad situation.

My two youngest spawn, of all people, pointed this situation out to me and told me it was also making them unhappy. This made me feel like an absolute piece of shit and I became determined to change before I lost all that I had.

The upshot of this was I packed some clothes, grabbed my car keys, kissed my wife on the forehead and said I would be back in a couple of days. I fucked off and did my thinking, something I am very good at, and returned once the shit was sorted in my head. When I returned she said I was like the Ant she first met, I was so relieved.

Since then we have had some real deep conversations, something we had not done for years, and now my life is perfect. She says she feels like she is connected to me again, and I must concur with her.

Shit like this is what really counts and that is the reason I feel rejuvenated. Like I said, I have no money but I have the really valuable stuff already in my possession.

Sorry for the crap but I needed to tell someone.

Cheers guys and girls for listening.

Normal service will resume next time I post. :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:58 pm  Post subject: Re: The other night I had an epiphany.

The Ancient One
"TaKYons Beginner's Guide to Happiness in Life"

Well put, my fellow genius.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:01 pm  Post subject: Re: The other night I had an epiphany.

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
so you actually went to a cheap hotel and got yourself a raunchy hooker?

* :wink: good to hear...cheers mate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:08 pm  Post subject: Re: The other night I had an epiphany.

The Devil, Probably
I am happy to hear this. Drugs are wrong. Money is necessary but does not really make you happy. Good points there! :D

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:14 pm  Post subject: Re: The other night I had an epiphany.

The Ancient One
Cheers guys.

@Slayer, I knew you would get it, super smart.

@verm, no hookers my friend, just sheep.

@RedVeil, I am now on a schedule for drugs. I am using only weed, and only at the week ends. I get in this trap where it starts with the best intentions and somehow manages to creep into an all day and every day thing, like so many other people. The biggest problem is that for some really fucked up and unknown reason I started taking coke, pills, pretty much anything I could get my hands on, only for a few weeks but it was enough. That was something I was adamant I would never do again.

TBH it scares me now how close I came to destroying my own life in a few short weeks, and I never even saw it coming.

What a prick I was.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:13 pm  Post subject: Re: The other night I had an epiphany.

Blood Sucking Freak
Wife, yuck, im outta this thread

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:07 am  Post subject: Re: The other night I had an epiphany.

The Devil, Probably
Jack wrote:

I hope your girlfriend does not read this. :lol:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:23 am  Post subject: Re: The other night I had an epiphany.

Blood Sucking Freak
No chance of that amigo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:22 pm  Post subject: Re: The other night I had an epiphany.

The Devil, Probably
Good to know you've sorted your shit out. A good healthy relationship is worth more then money :beerchug:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:03 pm  Post subject: Re: The other night I had an epiphany.

Master Of The Dead Donkey
It's all about balance, my man.

Glad you've found yours.

:beerchug:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:16 pm  Post subject: Re: The other night I had an epiphany.

Demon Of The Abyss
I choose money over my wife anytime... Nah, just kidding... They're angels just for putting up with us sick horror freaks... :jesus:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:21 pm  Post subject: Re: The other night I had an epiphany.

The Ancient One
Jack wrote:

My day just keeps on getting better. Cheers buddy. :beerchug:

pure wrote:
Good to know you've sorted your shit out. A good healthy relationship is worth more then money :beerchug:

You got that right my friend.

perkin2000 wrote:
It's all about balance, my man.

Glad you've found yours.

I must admit that at this point in time I feel most calm indeed. Hard to describe really, I suppose it is like being at peace with myself, cheesy as it sounds.

Mataesfola wrote:
I choose money over my wife anytime... Nah, just kidding... They're angels just for putting up with us sick horror freaks... :jesus:

That is so true my friend. I am the first to admit I am a cunt to live with, mood sings is an understatement.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:41 am  Post subject: Re: The other night I had an epiphany.

The Devil, Probably
marriage isn't so bad, when done in moderation. I used to like sluttly girls, now i like nice ones. does that mean i'm getting old?
There was this girl i reaaly liked, and she liked me, and in a rare moment of unselfishness, I didn't do the mommy/daddy dance with her because i thought she'd be better off having nothing to with me (You may not have noticed, I may come of somewhat shady on occasion)......and she ended up becoming NUN.

how fucked up is that?
if i could go back and do it all over again, I coulda fucked a nun.

so when I die, one thing I'd like people to say about me
(Besides 'that bastard owed me a lot of money!')
'He could have fucked a nun!'

'I thought it was obvious, you sillly girl.
I'm a monster. I do monstrous things.'

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:53 pm  Post subject: Re: The other night I had an epiphany.

The Devil, Probably
:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:36 pm  Post subject: Re: The other night I had an epiphany.

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
monkeysmasher :lol: thanks for those recent posts...funny man :beerchug:

***TaK!...wtf is up with you lately?...did reality kick you in the face again?...stop lurking around bastard!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:53 pm  Post subject: Re: The other night I had an epiphany.

The Ancient One
vermin wrote:
monkeysmasher :lol: thanks for those recent posts...funny man :beerchug:

***TaK!...wtf is up with you lately?...did reality kick you in the face again?...stop lurking around bastard!

I haven't been online for a while. My kids have jumped on a few times to check stuff for me but not alot else. Unfortunately real life needed my attention, it got complicated, then it got really messy. I wish people would listen, but no, they always choose the more 'complex' route.

All sorted now chaps.

Normal service should resume shortly. :rock:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:48 pm  Post subject: Re: The other night I had an epiphany.

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
TaKYoN wrote:
All sorted now chaps

good for you sir...drowned in concrete?

"listening and/or comprehending" can be difficult for some people...sounds familiar mate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:37 pm  Post subject: Re: The other night I had an epiphany.

The Ancient One
I can punish when my audience is not listening ;)