Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:39 am  Post subject: Re: Who are you?

Servant Of The Dead Donkey
Another American here, but from more northern climes. Was born and bred in New Jersey, moved to Illinois in 1999. I'm 31, and a pretty easygoing type of guy. Bartend and bounce for a living, take whatever labor gig I can in between. I spend my summers working a lot of street festivals, outdoor concerts, etc. I live with my girlfriend, roommate, and two cats. My roommate (BelialBradley) and I tend to make a lot of noise. He's in a noise project called Winters in Osaka. I used to have a solo noise project called The Seventh Victim, where my only instrument was a digital camera. I'm putting together stuff for a new project right now. I want to make something a lot less beat based, and a bit more "soundtrack to the apocalypse" sounding. Like a noise version of Disembowelment.

Anyway, horror has been in my heart as far back as I can remember. When I was in preschool, all the other boys were drawing rocketships and cars, and I was drawing pod people and the Crawling Eye. My dad was a horror fan, which made me a horror fan. The complete lack of censorship by my parents helped also. My Mom would rent me anything I handed her. So, I got used to gore at a very young age. I never looked back...I'm a diehard fan, always have been,always will be.

So that's it in a nutshell...I'm a horror fan in Chicago who throws people out of bars and makes a lot of rampant noise.

ImageImage
ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:05 am  Post subject: Re: Who are you?

Demon Of The Abyss
TaKYoN wrote:
Mataesfola wrote:
I also kill people as a part-time.

WTF?!?!?

I do. But only three times a week. And the hours suck.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Who are you?

The Ancient One
karstmobile wrote:
TaKYoN wrote:
Is Tampa where tampons were invented?

Nope. They come from France. Invented by Mr. Plugg.

First name Butt?

Sammi Curr wrote:
Another American here, but from more northern climes. Was born and bred in New Jersey, moved to Illinois in 1999. I'm 31, and a pretty easygoing type of guy. Bartend and bounce for a living, take whatever labor gig I can in between. I spend my summers working a lot of street festivals, outdoor concerts, etc. I live with my girlfriend, roommate, and two cats. My roommate (BelialBradley) and I tend to make a lot of noise. He's in a noise project called Winters in Osaka. I used to have a solo noise project called The Seventh Victim, where my only instrument was a digital camera. I'm putting together stuff for a new project right now. I want to make something a lot less beat based, and a bit more "soundtrack to the apocalypse" sounding. Like a noise version of Disembowelment.

Nice life, seriously. You seem to be a chap that just tends to go with the flow, like myself.

Sammi Curr wrote:
Anyway, horror has been in my heart as far back as I can remember. When I was in preschool, all the other boys were drawing rocketships and cars, and I was drawing pod people and the Crawling Eye. My dad was a horror fan, which made me a horror fan. The complete lack of censorship by my parents helped also. My Mom would rent me anything I handed her. So, I got used to gore at a very young age. I never looked back...I'm a diehard fan, always have been,always will be.

So that's it in a nutshell...I'm a horror fan in Chicago who throws people out of bars and makes a lot of rampant noise.

LOL I once attempted to draw a zombie scene in Infant school. For those not in the know it is the stage of school we Brits start at around 5 for a couple of years. The deputy head actually phoned my mum and asked if I had been acting strangely at home, stupid bint thought I may have had mental 'issues'.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:41 pm  Post subject: Re: Who are you?

Mod of the Living Dead
I still think you've got mental 'issues' LOL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Who are you?

The Ancient One
That is very true my friend. But hey, I like fluffy puppies.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:53 pm  Post subject: Re: Who are you?

Demon Of The Abyss
TaKYoN wrote:
But hey, I like fluffy puppies.

Yeah, but it's what you DO with them :deadhorse: Image

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:29 pm  Post subject: Re: Who are you?

The Ancient One
johnathome wrote:
TaKYoN wrote:
But hey, I like fluffy puppies.

Yeah, but it's what you DO with them :deadhorse: Image

:mrgreen:

Society on the whole may find it slightly distasteful, but you guys would probably be fine with it ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:45 am  Post subject: Re: Who are you?
Request Territory

Request Territory
interesting topic indeed :watchingyou:

I'll just say, I used to watch horror movies since I was child (they always happen to be on tv :? :mrgreen: ) and now, still enjoying, but never have enough time, so not really often as I would like to :oops: :?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:03 am  Post subject: Re: Who are you?

Glad to see we have something in common, Tak.

Man, I couldn't get past crawling eyes and pod people...too many Saturday Creature Double Features when I was a kid.

So, my girlfriend's sister just moved to Paris, and gave me a modded Xbox with a 120 gig hard drive and a binder with about 200 games in it...and a digital camcorder...and a really sweet desktop pc with windows server 2003 installed.

It's like effin' Christmas!!

So, if I don't pop on too often for the next couple weeks, you know why.

ImageImage
ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:11 am  Post subject: Re: Who are you?

Demon Of The Abyss
Sammi Curr wrote:
and a digital camcorder

Any home-made pr0n on there that she forgot to delete :wacky:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:08 pm  Post subject: Re: Who are you?

No...just 6 tapes of her trip to Japan. But, she said she already got the content off of them, so I could copy over them. So, 6 free DV cassettes ain't too bad of a bonus. I think my first use of it will be to record the drunken foolishness of me and my friends next week, when I travel south to visit them and my brother. Nothing good can come of 50 cent drafts and a camcorder. :drunk:

ImageImage
ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:59 pm  Post subject: Re: Who are you?

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
i'm 37 from wales. i was popular when i was a kid as we were one of the first in our area to have a video player and i had cool parents that would allow me to watch and rent horror movies. we use (me and my cousin) to have everyone round in the day, shut the curtains and scare the crap out of the other kids with the exorcist, yes it was scary in them days. nothing much has changed, i'm still watching horror movies. single, no kids, 3 gorgeous nephews. the youngest is well into horror movies (he's 12) and heavy metal, just like his aunty. he's my moshing mate. i'm a manic depressive, tho' they call it bi-polar nowadays, with a borderline personality, so i've been told. apart from horror movies, my most fave thing is to see my fave bands live. off to see scouting for girls and funeral for a friend with my eldest nephew (16) in nov and dec, and kings of leon in dec with my sis. i am a bit of a loner, and have very few mates, but they are proper mates, not backstabbers which you get round here. i like a drink and a smoke and i have a cat called cookie (after the cookie monster from sesame st.). i moved back home to my parents just over 10 yrs ago and have never felt the urge to leave. if that makes me sad, so be it. anything else you want to know, please feel free to ask... :rock:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:40 pm  Post subject: Re: Who are you?

The Ancient One
bag woman wrote:
not backstabbers which you get round here.

You mean most people in Wales are backstabbers? :?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:01 pm  Post subject: Re: Who are you?

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
round my way they are

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:40 pm  Post subject: Re: Who are you?

The Ancient One
LOL my doctor told me I was probably manic depressive many years ago. That was that, he said if it got too much to go and see him for help LOL

Being down is bad, but when I am up it is fucking sweet. I deal with the shit times with music though, I have whole playlists tailored depending on exactly how bad I feel. The doc offered pills, but I have so far managed to avoid them.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 pm  Post subject: Re: Who are you?

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
yeah, music is the best for when you're feeling low, especially when it's loud and rockin' :rock: altho' i don't have a playlist myself, my feel good cd at the moment is costello music by the fratellis, guaranteed to cheer me up :) and you guys of course :beerchug:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:16 am  Post subject: Re: Who are you?

The Devil, Probably
When I am feeling down I used to remember how I felt when I was in good mood. After that I tell myself that bad mood is also only temporary (like everything). Thinking about happy moments and that there will be many more in the future used to work very well for me. :roll:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:36 pm  Post subject: Re: Who are you?

The Ancient One
RedVeil wrote:
When I am feeling down I used to remember how I felt when I was in good mood. After that I tell myself that bad mood is also only temporary (like everything). Thinking about happy moments and that there will be many more in the future used to work very well for me. :roll:

It is important to remember that bad times are only temporary. Also, on the flipside, you do not appreciate the good times without bad times to compare them to.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:14 am  Post subject: Re: Who are you?

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
i dunno... i think about the good times and think "why cant they be like that now", so kind of makes me worse.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:21 pm  Post subject: Re: Who are you?

The Ancient One
bag woman wrote:
i dunno... i think about the good times and think "why cant they be like that now", so kind of makes me worse.

I used to be like that myself, but it is pretty unrealistic and after I realised that I managed to adjust my thinking to not include thoughts like that, although it did take time and effort.

Everyone has to find their own way of dealing with it, even though this can be very hard. But alot of us have issues like this. I actually have more trouble now dealing with when I hit a high. The people around me have trouble dealing with it too as I pretty much act like I have been injected with caffeine as my moods manifest in a very physical nature. People instantly know the mood I am in just by the way I move.

It is horrible when you get that low, and people who have not experienced it cannot comprehend what it feels like. It is awful indeed, but I was lucky I had people to talk to who kept me slightly sane.

If you ever need to get shit off your chest then feel free to drop me a PM anytime. I appreciate you do not really know me, but I am well trusted by my friends and often act as a shouting wall, I am a good listener and usually have fairly sage advice. I can actually be very serious and, dare I say it, mature and sensible. Most importantly, and the thing my friends tend to appreciate the most, is I am extremely trust worthy and know how to keep things to myself. I place a lot of value in knowing that my friends trust me with their deepest secrets.