Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:40 pm  Post subject: Seeking contributors for new site

Dead But Dreaming
Through months/years of having been dissatisfied with the site I used to lead with fellow contributors, I have finally decided to re-vamp the whole thing, creating the possibility of you being among the first new contributors to a site that will be updated and maintained on a daily (if possible) level. The concept of the site will be more straightforward - mainly that of bringing fourth thoughts and ideas sorrounding lesser known, and obscure movies, that need this attention.

I bet most people into films know the boring notion of people always bragging about the same films - Tarantino or Boondock Saints, Fight Club, and Natural Born Killers. Fine examples, and fine films, but after having been discussed a zillion times, it's suitable and a lot more exciting to start discussing the lesser known films; those that defy mainstream or were never good enough for it. Thinking a lot about why I even want this site to be, I figured this is the main reason - as a source inspiration and enlightment (without being snobbish - though that's hardly possible concerning the material covered).

As I search the internet, I find surprisingly few websites covering these films that I actually bother to visit on a regular basis. I prefer reading zines like Video Watchdog, Rue Morgue or Shock Cinema - zines that way outdo the internet "quick-browse-never-settle" tendenses. I plan to change that with this site, taking inspiration from more in-depth zine articles/interviews, creating a reviews, an articles and interviews section - and not focusing on the news game which has already been won in message board milieus.

The best thing about this idea IMO is that people specializing in, or having a fetish for, a certain genre, director, actor/actress, etc. can write about this and contribute this to a site with surprising, obscure, and hopefully good, writings.

If you're interested in contributing to this new site, be it with reviews, interviews, articles, comments, suggestions, PM me on this board or mail me at lars_sba AT hotmail . com

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:43 pm  Post subject: Re: Seeking contributors for new site

The Devil, Probably
Sounds cool. Are you planning to create the website on your own or do you want to use a Content Management System?

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:52 pm  Post subject: Re: Seeking contributors for new site

Dead But Dreaming
I've already made most of the design actually, just waiting for writings to start uploading. Doing some myself, but that's not enough of course :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:13 pm  Post subject: Re: Seeking contributors for new site

Site Admin
as far as CMS go, I like drupal:
http://drupal.org/