Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:44 pm  Post subject: What do you do for Halloween?

Dead But Dreaming
Here's a question directed at everybody, but specifically non-U.S. members: What events,
decorations, traditions, etc. do you have for Halloween? I'm curious to see what is universal
(like handing out candy, maybe?) or unique to England, the Netherlands, and anywhere else
people visit this forum from. You could even post some pics if you got'em!

:beerchug:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:27 pm  Post subject: Re: What do you do for Halloween?

The Devil, Probably
Here it goes: in Hungary hardly anyone decorates their house or garden with Halloween stuff. There are a few who actually put pumpkins on their window sill, I am one of them. Besides that my brother and I decorate our rooms to have some cool atmosphere and watch Halloween related horror movies. Here's a picture of my room on Halloween:

Dressing up and collecting candy is not done in Hungary. People would think you are crazy if you knocked at their doors late at night and asked for some sweets. :lol:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:08 pm  Post subject: Re: What do you do for Halloween?

Will Tear Your Soul Apart
I decorate my side yard, lead small children through it, scare the living shit about them, give em candy at the end. I give out like a pound of candy to each kid, just because so few ever come.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:10 am  Post subject: Re: What do you do for Halloween?

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
In the Netherlands people wear white sheets (like a ghost) and dance around burning crosses singing happy halloween songs...after that they go to their local cemetary and dig up fresh corpses and stuff them with candy for the kids.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:30 am  Post subject: Re: What do you do for Halloween?

Will Tear Your Soul Apart
vermin wrote:
In the Netherlands people wear white sheets (like a ghost) and dance around burning crosses singing happy halloween songs...after that they go to their local cemetary and dig up fresh corpses and stuff them with candy for the kids.

don't you mean a lower case t? not a cross?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:11 am  Post subject: Re: What do you do for Halloween?

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
nah...what's the fun in burning a "lower case t"?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:40 pm  Post subject: Re: What do you do for Halloween?

Dead But Dreaming
Get loaded put on a mask and get candy. Watch horror movies and possible rape a few virgins.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:46 am  Post subject: Re: What do you do for Halloween?

Demon Of The Abyss
Halloween is not celibrated in any way in australia. You nvr see anything. Some US corperations may have a pumpkin or somtyhign in the window.. but that is very rare. I have seen 2 trick or treaters in my entire life.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:56 am  Post subject: Re: What do you do for Halloween?

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
scare the little bastards to death, tho last year i was nice and gave out sweetie bags

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:18 am  Post subject: Re: What do you do for Halloween?

The Devil, Probably
Jynks wrote:
Halloween is not celibrated in any way in australia. You nvr see anything. Some US corperations may have a pumpkin or somtyhign in the window.. but that is very rare. I have seen 2 trick or treaters in my entire life.

No equivalent either? Costumes?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:03 am  Post subject: Re: What do you do for Halloween?

Demon Of The Abyss
no.. nothing. We get a lot of US TV over hear so we have a few tv specials... also a lot of companies ar world wide corps so we get pumpkin candy and stuff like that apearing at woolworths... Som,times a school migt have a halloween day for 5 year olds to come in dressed up... but my kids school has nvr done it and my school only ever did it once...

It just is a total non-event here.. if it wasn't for teh TV shows from teh US we would prob nvr even know it was happening. Halloween reminds me of Guy Forks day in Britian. I mean in that holliday they all dress up and burn little wicker versions of that guy forks guy... we do not get that either.. and i assume niether dose the US.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:12 am  Post subject: Re: What do you do for Halloween?

The Devil, Probably
Jynks wrote:
no.. nothing. We get a lot of US TV over hear so we have a few tv specials... also a lot of companies ar world wide corps so we get pumpkin candy and stuff like that apearing at woolworths... Som,times a school migt have a halloween day for 5 year olds to come in dressed up... but my kids school has nvr done it and my school only ever did it once...

It just is a total non-event here.. if it wasn't for teh TV shows from teh US we would prob nvr even know it was happening. Halloween reminds me of Guy Forks day in Britian. I mean in that holliday they all dress up and burn little wicker versions of that guy forks guy... we do not get that either.. and i assume niether dose the US.

Bummer... :(

Well, being a horror fan, what is your favorite Aussie holiday then?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:14 am  Post subject: Re: What do you do for Halloween?

Site Admin
in the uk they don't do anything, no clue what they do in spain yet.
Most that ever happens is they'll show a horror film in the uk.

@guy fakwes day, erm... no, there's no dressing up :?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:25 pm  Post subject: Re: What do you do for Halloween?

The Ancient One
In Spain they will have All Souls Day, and visit the cemeteries
to sit down and have drinks on their (grand)parent's graves.
Well, at lest that's my guess.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:21 pm  Post subject: Re: What do you do for Halloween?

Mod of the Living Dead
I go out to avoid the little muggers Trick or treaters

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:18 pm  Post subject: Re: What do you do for Halloween?

Skull Full Of Maggots
Slayer wrote:

Here in Brazil we have the All Saints Day (every November 1st) followed by the Day of the Dead - I swear, this is really the name, called in Portuguese "Finados" ou "Dia dos Mortos" - in the November 2nd when we go to the cemeteries, but do not drink or sing. It's a sad day of prayer and memories, remembering the close onesthat are dead. A lot of people go to the mass and there is big masses almost in every cemetery. The "Finados" is a major national holiday.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:38 pm  Post subject: Re: What do you do for Halloween?

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
all saints day should be aaaaaall catholic day :mrgreen:

i do nothing for halloween

day like any other day :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:47 pm  Post subject: Re: What do you do for Halloween?

Demon Of The Abyss
spudthedestroyer wrote:
@guy fakwes day, erm... no, there's no dressing up :?

I thought you all wore those wierd hats?

heh heh... guess not then.

Last edited by Jynks on Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:36 pm  Post subject: Re: What do you do for Halloween?

The Ancient One
Deriel wrote:
Slayer wrote:

Here in Brazil we have the All Saints Day (every November 1st) followed by the Day of the Dead -
I swear, this is really the name, called in Portuguese "Finados" ou "Dia dos Mortos" - in the November
2nd when we go to the cemeteries, but do not drink or sing. It's a sad day of prayer and memories,
remembering the close onesthat are dead. A lot of people go to the mass and there is big masses
almost in every cemetery. The "Finados" is a major national holiday.

Actually, I copied the above from Peru. There they commemorate, but celebrate at the same time.
They sit down on the graves of their ancestors and have drinks and eat. I believe they called it
All Soul's Day, or Day of the Dead as you say.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:14 pm  Post subject: Re: What do you do for Halloween?

The Devil, Probably
PC_Arcade wrote:
I go out to avoid the little muggers Trick or treaters

:lol: :lol:

I get a big bag of sweets in and put on ym Freddy Krueger outfit. When they come knocking I open the door and stand behind it as they shout "Trick or tre...". Then I jump out from behind the door and scare the shit out of them.

The ones that are left get some sweets. :mrgreen: