Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:21 pm  Post subject: So...I owe late fees...

Dead But Dreaming
Well, last night after I got done with my studies, I decided to treat myself to a few (for my own personal collection, not release) movie rental rips. After wasting an hour or so trying to pick out what goodies I wanted, I found out that the late fees for the discs I returned totaled to $84.00. :o :oops: . When did Hollywood video start raping on returns? I remember it used to be something like a buck a week for each rental(four discs) and since they were out since Jan. 3rd, I figured the most i'd have to put down would be maybe 20 bucks. All I could do was go home in shock and shame. Looks like those Alien Nation and Showdown in Little China rips are gonna have to wait.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:27 pm  Post subject: Re: So...I owe late fees...

The Devil, Probably
I would rent the tapes one by one. This will save you a lot of money and give you more time to prepare the perfect rip.
Try to find the movies you like using IMDb or Gooogle.

If you are new to ripping movies, you will most likely need some time to do the rips correctly.
That is because you don't have template scripts for the sources.

I don't know about fees in my country, but I used to return everything on time.
That having been said, I must admit that I returned two books 5 days too late to the collage library. :oops:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:25 pm  Post subject: Re: So...I owe late fees...

Site Admin
people still rent movies from stores? :o

Try online rental, you can keep em for as long as you need.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:43 pm  Post subject: Re: So...I owe late fees...

The Ancient One
I'm with spud, online rental is the way to go.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:02 pm  Post subject: Re: So...I owe late fees...

Will Tear Your Soul Apart
PumpThrust wrote:
Well, last night after I got done with my studies, I decided to treat myself to a few (for my own personal collection, not release) movie rental rips. After wasting an hour or so trying to pick out what goodies I wanted, I found out that the late fees for the discs I returned totaled to $84.00. :o :oops: . When did Hollywood video start raping on returns? I remember it used to be something like a buck a week for each rental(four discs) and since they were out since Jan. 3rd, I figured the most i'd have to put down would be maybe 20 bucks. All I could do was go home in shock and shame. Looks like those Alien Nation and Showdown in Little China rips are gonna have to wait.

Also, shame on you, I actually bought the DVDs for both, Showdown in Little Tokyo and Big Trouble in Little China. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:57 am  Post subject: Re: So...I owe late fees...

Dead But Dreaming
RedVeil wrote:
I would rent the tapes one by one. This will save you a lot of money and give you more time to prepare the perfect rip.
Try to find the movies you like using IMDb or Gooogle.

If you are new to ripping movies, you will most likely need some time to do the rips correctly.
That is because you don't have template scripts for the sources.

I don't know about fees in my country, but I used to return everything on time.
That having been said, I must admit that I returned two books 5 days too late to the collage library. :oops:

These rips are for my own personal collection only. I'm using Autogk, dvdfab, and virtualdub for getting rid of black bars. I'd share them, but people would get butthurt about the quality and I don't have the time to obsess over ripping minutae. Not that there is anything wrong with that-i'd prefer to let the pros do the heavy lifting. I usually torrent and mule, but sometimes, if its there in front of me, why not? A rip for me doesn't take too much longer than a moderately seeded torrent or well sourced link.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:31 am  Post subject: Re: So...I owe late fees...

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
Blockbuster doesn't have late fees.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:40 pm  Post subject: Re: So...I owe late fees...

The Ancient One
spudthedestroyer wrote:
people still rent movies from stores? :o

Try online rental, you can keep em for as long as you need.

Hardly surprising the high street shops are all closing down :watchingyou:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:42 pm  Post subject: Re: So...I owe late fees...

Demon Of The Abyss
Chadman wrote:
Blockbuster doesn't have late fees.

It depends on the country you're in. In Portugal you do. Last time I rented a movie was about 4 years ago.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:39 am  Post subject: Re: So...I owe late fees...

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
best place for vhs is at a mom and pop video rentel place but most now are converting to dvd and sometimes they will sell off there vhs collection chk flee markets and ebay half price books and so on

vhs is still thing to have in ones collection because most vhs will never see a dvd release

OH ya i hate late fees :prat:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:22 pm  Post subject: Re: So...I owe late fees...

Dead But Dreaming
video-man wrote:
best place for vhs is at a mom and pop video rentel place but most now are converting to dvd and sometimes they will sell off there vhs collection chk flee markets and ebay half price books and so on

vhs is still thing to have in ones collection because most vhs will never see a dvd release

Very true. Too bad all the mom and pops where I live have converted into blockbusters/Hollywood video or closed up all together. I wish I could find the wherehouse these old vhs tapes are stored in.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:30 pm  Post subject: Re: So...I owe late fees...

The Ancient One
PumpThrust wrote:
video-man wrote:

Very true. Too bad all the mom and pops where I live have converted into blockbusters/Hollywood video or closed up all together. I wish I could find the wherehouse these old vhs tapes are stored in.

When I was younger I used to love those little indie shops, they always had great stocks, not just Hollywood pooh.