Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:41 am  Post subject: What is the longest its taken you to finish a file on emule?

Dead But Dreaming
I haven't been using the mule for nearly as long as most of you have, but what has been that one file that for some reason or another took ages to finish? Thus far only Dolemite: Avenging Disco Godfather been the lone holdout, taking up to near three months to finish. One of the problems I suspect was that one of the sources who had a complete was stalling everyone out with the A4AF and Queue Full all the damned time. Right when I was about to give up, boom, I come home and the file was green.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:24 am  Post subject: Re: What is the longest its taken you to finish a file on emule?

The Devil, Probably
Some files never finished for me. But the longest successful download took about 4 months.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:21 am  Post subject: Re: What is the longest its taken you to finish a file on emule?

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
from September 27 to the end of the year... maybe christmas

nazi officer wife is the name :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:58 am  Post subject: Re: What is the longest its taken you to finish a file on emule?

The Ancient One
Quote:
What is the longest its taken you to finish a file on emule?

Some files never finished and got cancelled. :( The longest successful download took maybe a year.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:21 pm  Post subject: Re: What is the longest its taken you to finish a file on emule?

Demon Of The Abyss
A few months, not sure how many... Maybe 4.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:26 pm  Post subject: Re: What is the longest its taken you to finish a file on emule?

The Ancient One
all movies i got from emule took up to a week or more to download... now i have gone torrent and get movies in 6 hours or less...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:33 pm  Post subject: Re: What is the longest its taken you to finish a file on emule?

The Ancient One
Longest successfull one was a videoclip of 70 MB and it took me 9 months to get it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:05 pm  Post subject: Re: What is the longest its taken you to finish a file on emule?

Dead But Dreaming
Slayer wrote:
Longest successfull one was a videoclip of 70 MB and it took me 9 months to get it.

Thats dedication right there. :o :lol:

d0c wrote:
all movies i got from emule took up to a week or more to download... now i have gone torrent and get movies in 6 hours or less...

I do torrents for larger file collections like tv shows and more common films that everyone should have as well as the occasional onery flick I have no patience to wait for. Emule is my main source, though.
My stuff (provided I keep my pc on all day which I normally do) usually takes one week to a week and a half at the most to complete. Most of my files are pretty much sourced from 14+ with half full sources to 3 with one full source hanging for deal life.
If I can't find it on the mule and there are no torrents, then its off to amazon.com or fleshwoundvideo.com. But only in extreme cases where i'm super impatient. :wacky:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:20 pm  Post subject: Re: What is the longest its taken you to finish a file on emule?

The Ancient One
PumpThrust wrote:
Slayer wrote:

Thats dedication right there. :o :lol:

It wasn't even the first version: I already had a videoclip of that song, just wanted to know if this would be better quality ;)

I have had torrents which took a year, though (for example: a full DVD in rars which was stuck at 98% - it's a good thing I don't get frustrated so quickly).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:28 pm  Post subject: Re: What is the longest its taken you to finish a file on emule?

The Devil, Probably
Years...

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7080

Union.Simon.616 stayed true the whole time, but I cancelled a few times and restarted.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:33 pm  Post subject: Re: What is the longest its taken you to finish a file on emule?

The Ancient One
Wow. :o

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:33 pm  Post subject: Re: What is the longest its taken you to finish a file on emule?

Will Tear Your Soul Apart
karstmobile wrote:
Years...

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7080

Union.Simon.616 stayed true the whole time, but I cancelled a few times and restarted.

I did and it finally completed :googley: Perseverance is the key! :rock:

As for "how long", can't really say now - 3 years and around 2-3 months would be my guess (estimate). Maybe 18 months longer than the subs for the MGM version of AoD :lol:

btw I have also imported some parts from the file with the "other hash" in order to complete the original (which it did). No damn file can say they ever got the better of me :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:08 pm  Post subject: Re: What is the longest its taken you to finish a file on emule?

Skull Full Of Maggots
d0c wrote:

I've now started to use torrent for downloading too. The problem is the leeching that goes on torrent. I mean heavy leeching.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:56 pm  Post subject: Re: What is the longest its taken you to finish a file on emule?

Site Admin
in a couple of years you'll grow up, and then you'll get them in 10mins like the rest of the newsgroup users :p 6hrs you can have full HD and DVDrs by then :lol:

I've got a NAS running which has a mldonkey plugin, so i've got emule running all the time with a 6TB disk to play with.

Here in spain though, even though i've got a 10mb connection now its much more economical to grab nzbs

As for the original question, two years or so, but i can't remember what it was and i've probably never watched it! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:36 am  Post subject: Re: What is the longest its taken you to finish a file on emule?

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
10/30/2008 to 3/28/2009. Just finished Last House on the Left OST.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:41 am  Post subject: Re: What is the longest its taken you to finish a file on emule?

Skull Full Of Maggots
spudthedestroyer wrote:
in a couple of years you'll grow up, and then you'll get them in 10mins like the rest of the newsgroup users :p 6hrs you can have full HD and DVDrs by then :lol:

I've got a NAS running which has a mldonkey plugin, so i've got emule running all the time with a 6TB disk to play with.

Here in spain though, even though i've got a 10mb connection now its much more economical to grab nzbs

As for the original question, two years or so, but i can't remember what it was and i've probably never watched it! :lol:

I tried getting stuff from newsgroups a few times but it was a major failure. It was driving me crazy trying to find the apps that were needed. Then trying to configure everything. Some things people just don't understand as easy as others so I stuck w/ed2k.

Slipstream 1989. It took about 2-3 weeks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:31 pm  Post subject: Re: What is the longest its taken you to finish a file on emule?

Site Admin
1. download newsbin + crack, then install
2. click servers, add your server details
3. go to a site like nzbrus or tvnzb and just click what you want to download and it will start and finish
4. extract with winrar, assuming it downloaded fine. If it has missing parts, just run quickpar and it will repair it (i click auto monitor and auto repair).

If you are doing more than that, you are doing more than you need ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:37 am  Post subject: Re: What is the longest its taken you to finish a file on emule?

Master Of The Dead Donkey
spudthedestroyer wrote:
4. extract with winrar, assuming it downloaded fine. If it has missing parts, just run quickpar and it will repair it (i click auto monitor and auto repair).

I haven't tried newsbin, but the reparing (when needed and if the available PARs are enough), unraring or merging are being done automatically. So it should be just 3 steps :P

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:11 am  Post subject: Re: What is the longest its taken you to finish a file on emule?

Site Admin
yeah, i know but i turned that feature off :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:27 am  Post subject: Re: What is the longest its taken you to finish a file on emule?

Skull Full Of Maggots
Ok thanks for those tips. Im going to check out newsbin just to see how it all works.