Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:05 pm  Post subject: Spud+Spain

The Devil, Probably
ok, spud, what are you doing in Spain? First you were in UK, and now... Dis you moved, cause of Ch. Ronaldo? or cause of San Miguel beer? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:19 pm  Post subject: Re: Spud+Spain

The Ancient One
He moved there before Ronaldo, so maybe Ronaldo moved because of spud, not the other way around.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:22 pm  Post subject: Re: Spud+Spain

The Devil, Probably
I came across some English people in my life and they were all together not fond of living in the UK. I wonder why.
Is it the high number of security cams in the public? Or is it the way the English government is brown-nosing the USA?

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:11 pm  Post subject: Re: Spud+Spain

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
:mrgreen: cams are good if you ask me
i change my "freedom" for security :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

he is in spain programming something like doomsday machine :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Spud+Spain

Site Admin
Generally, for Expats its because:
a) pay is higher
b) standard of living is higher
c) climate is nicer
d) you get more out of being english if everyone else isn't english :p
e) you get experience that i think is very valuable that just staying in one place, or one job

RedVeil, but aren't you from Hungary? ;)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:03 pm  Post subject: Re: Spud+Spain

The Devil, Probably
spudthedestroyer wrote:
RedVeil, but aren't you from Hungary? ;)

Correct. I met those English people I referenced during holidays. They left England and didn't want to go back. For different reasons.
Sorry if my last message sounded a bit rude and arrogant. It's not like the situation in my country is any better. Well, maybe a little bit. :)

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:06 pm  Post subject: Re: Spud+Spain

The Devil, Probably
The costs of living (house (rental or bought), food, drinks etc) is what I heard the most when I asked english people why they moved :drunk:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:10 am  Post subject: Re: Spud+Spain

Dead But Dreaming
As i know english have their own enviroments in spain, also germans, they dont need even to learn spanish. I spend times this summer in Lanzarote (canary islands) working on an apartament to rent. The guys of the pool repair didnt know speak spanish :lol: also some guys who brought there some sofas, i had to speak in english because they are so lazy beer lovers.
Also they are many english tourists, they are not that high class of course this is a cheap target for them but in general they are nice and educated and just want a sun burnt and a happy hour 2x1 big beer :beerchug: .

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:59 am  Post subject: Re: Spud+Spain

Site Admin
RedVeil wrote:
Well, maybe a little bit. :)

Hungary hit my 'no thanks' list after spending time in Budapest with retarded out-sourced developers. :suicide:

Never again, well at least not for a long while.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:08 pm  Post subject: Re: Spud+Spain

Site Admin
elanze wrote:
As i know english have their own enviroments in spain, also germans, they dont need even to learn spanish. I spend times this summer in Lanzarote (canary islands) working on an apartament to rent. The guys of the pool repair didnt know speak spanish :lol: also some guys who brought there some sofas, i had to speak in english because they are so lazy beer lovers.
Also they are many english tourists, they are not that high class of course this is a cheap target for them but in general they are nice and educated and just want a sun burnt and a happy hour 2x1 big beer :beerchug: .

Yup, you can get away without speaking a single word of spanish, although if you work, commute and do things outside of the costa it really would help to at least speak a little bit. Torremolinos is pretty much Mos Eisley.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Spud+Spain

Site Admin
Maybe I can throw in, things I don't like about Spain, since I enjoy living here:
  • Dubbing attitude - Mostly franco's fault but everything is butchered into spanish and terribly done. This has hindered progress in the south of spain compared to say, Poland.
  • Electronics and Clothes are more expensive now in Spain than in the UK
  • Films, Electronics, etc. release dates are behind the uk for various reasons.
  • Whilst in the UK, there's pretty much any type of food on the planet available within a stone's throw, spanish cuisine is much more limited. For example there isn't an Indian in Malaga city. Quality is so-so. The take-out food closes are really stupid times, probably related to a lack of chucking out time.
  • Sundays - f*cking christians shut up shop so you have to go down the coast to an english part to get anything done. Compare this to the uk where we killed Jesus off decades ago.
  • Siesta - Annoying, really, really annoying.

EU is a country, so Electronics can be imported at no cost, food is a bitch, nothing really to be done about the lack of variety and quality... i usually eat out at expensive restaurant to combat this. Siesta and Sundays is a real annoyance for me, as is dubbing but hey, its attitude so won't change overnight. It will change though, I'm pretty sure.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:47 pm  Post subject: Re: Spud+Spain

The Devil, Probably
spudthedestroyer wrote:
  • Sundays - f*cking christians shut up shop so you have to go down the coast to an english part to get anything done. Compare this to the uk where we killed Jesus off decades ago.

Uhhhh, this made me feel really sad. I doubt that "killing Jesus" will do any country any good.
In today's world it's cool to be arrogant and really don't care about religion, but in the long run this will not make you happier.

Please don't judge Hungary by Budapest. It's well know that the stupidest people in Hungary live in the capital city of the country.
Hungary is OK, although it has a moral crisis caused by corrupt people trying to get rich at the cost of the rest. It will take some time to get rid of them, but it will be worth it. The most ridiculous thing about them is that they are protecting themselves with the state police. So the residents pay for protecting the assholes bitching our country... This is how democracy can work with the wrong people leading a country.

Shops have closed on Sundays in Hungary too, btw.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:49 pm  Post subject: Re: Spud+Spain

Site Admin
disagree with you.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:36 pm  Post subject: Re: Spud+Spain

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
european champions in basketball

any celebrations?
around you
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:57 pm  Post subject: Re: Spud+Spain

Dead But Dreaming
Do you really miss Indian?? These is some fresh and real food from Malaga you can discover over there spud, you will live longer :mrgreen:

Quote:
Everything on food and the good food from Andalusia, Mediterranean cousine, Spanish ham Pata Negra de Jabugo, good cheese, olives, olive oil, delicious fried fish "pescaito frito", etc.

Meat: Pucheros de berza, de hinojo, potaje de espinacas y bacalao, ollas a la liberal, rabo de toro, menudos, choto al ajillo, calderetas de cordero, pepitorias de gallina, pato a la sevillana, riñones al jerez. Caza: Perdiz, conejo, jabali, corzo, venado, etc.

Fish: Atun rojo, lenguados, lubinas, sargos, pargos, urtas, merluzas, salmonetes, sardinas, boquerones, acedias, pijotas, langostinos (Sanlucar), gambas (blanca de Huelva), coquinas, almejas, conchas finas, bocas de la Isla, cañaillas, ortiguillas, cigalas (Adra), etc.

Desserts: Yemas de San Leandro, buñuelos de San Benito, piononos de Santa Fe, dulces de calabaza, hojaldres de cabello de angel, toronjas confitadas, frutas en almibar, verdugados, maimones, pestiños, turron de Cadiz, las anguilas de mazapan, el dulce de membrillo, alfajores, mantecados, polvorones, roscos de vino, etc.

Andalusian wines are from three different Areas: Jerez Sherry, Brandy and Manzanilla from Jerez and Sanlúcar respectively and both in the Province of Cádiz, Málaga wines from different areas inside the Province and Moriles-Montilla from Córdova. Sherry, Manzanilla and Moriles-Montilla and some Málaga are drunk with tit-bits "las Tapas": Pescaito frito, urta a la roteña, el atun encebollado, guisos de melva, gazpacho, ajoblanco, salmorejo, porra antequerana, pipirrana, etc. Sweet Malaga wine is for desserts. There are table wines from these three different areas but some Restaurants will also offer you from Rioja or Rueda the most famous Spanish red wines.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:21 am  Post subject: Re: Spud+Spain

Site Admin
Truba wrote:
european champions in basketball

any celebrations?
around you
:mrgreen:

lol, no, absolutely zip.

I was wondering why Spain was doing well at sport, but there's an extremely high rate in Andalusia which if reflects the rest of spain probably explains a lot. Wish the scumbags in england played sport instead of being arseholes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:23 am  Post subject: Re: Spud+Spain

Site Admin
elanze wrote:
Do you really miss Indian?? These is some fresh and real food from Malaga you can discover over there spud, you will live longer :mrgreen:

Yes, really i like flavour and variety. And everything here seems to be either tomato based or pork; *heavily* fried too. The nicest restaurant mainly provide 'foreign' food. no offence intended here, I just aren't a particular fan; my girlfriend doesn't like it when i say this too... but its true, there's only such pork a man can take before his heart* and will gives in :( I've gotten sick of it pretty fast. Sure there's some beautiful food, I mean wonderful stuff. Very expensive to get at it, but wonderful. Not as much variety though :(

Maybe me not eating fish has a lot to do with my poor opinion of the food, everything round here is fish this and fish that.

* high rates of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease in Andalusia, its probably the unhealthiest region of spain from what i've read. My heart is already fucked thanks to being a northerner, so meh more of the same.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:06 pm  Post subject: Re: Spud+Spain

The Devil, Probably
spudthedestroyer wrote:
disagree with you.

Not the first time that is. :googley:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:16 pm  Post subject: Re: Spud+Spain

The Ancient One
RedVeil wrote:
spudthedestroyer wrote:

Uhhhh, this made me feel really sad. I doubt that "killing Jesus" will do any country any good.
In today's world it's cool to be arrogant and really don't care about religion, but in the long run this will not make you happier.

Don't wanna hijack, but what do being arrogant and not caring about religion have to do with each other? I can easily do one and not the other, or the other way around.

And I think ditching religion is a part of natural progress. Just like changing polytheism for monotheism was once for Europeans, Jews and Arabs. But maybe we should discuss this somewhere else.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:32 am  Post subject: Re: Spud+Spain

The Devil, Probably
I don't like people twisting the meaning of my words. You obviously misunderstood what I posted.