Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:20 pm  Post subject: Trying to figure out the name of this film!!!!!

Skull Full Of Maggots
Ok, this one has been driving me crazy, and I've done every kind of search on IMDB & Google I can think of. There was a low budget, straight-to-video movie from the 80s (probably mid-80s) that I rented back then, and I remember nothing about it but the overall plot.

A young couple is on vacation (in NYC, I think) and they meet up with another young couple and find they have some interests in common, so the four start hanging out together. After a short time, the 2nd couple set the 1st couple up for murder.

I wish I had more to go on. The budget was *VERY* low, the directing, cinematography, and editing were fairly amateurish, but the writing (not necessarily the dialog) was very good. When I say "amateurish" I mean, for example, I specifically recall one scene that was shot on the street with several people talking, where the shadows, lighting, and ambient sound would change with every cut between people.

Any assistance on this one would be appreciated :)

Thanks!

---DeathStalker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:24 am  Post subject: Re: Trying to figure out the name of this film!!!!!

The Devil, Probably
DeathStalker wrote:
A young couple is on vacation (in NYC, I think) and they meet up with another young couple and find they have some interests in common, so the four start hanging out together. After a short time, the 2nd couple set the 1st couple up for murder.

hmmm I have seen similiar films before, but I think I seen what film that is. Tried searching just now myself, and can't find anything that strikes me.

Is it something like the second couple steal their tickets or wallets and basically leave them stranded with only these new 'friends' to depend on? Damn is its striking a chord, if thats the same film, but I can't think of it.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:32 am  Post subject: Re: Trying to figure out the name of this film!!!!!

Skull Full Of Maggots
That does seem to ring a bell. Wish I could remember more details of it. Only watched it once over 20yrs ago, but it kind of stuck with me. Blasted thing is, I had it on an old Beta tape, and before I moved I made a list of all the titles I had on Beta that I needed to look for, chucked the tapes out before I moved, now after moving, I can't find the paper I wrote all the titles down on - and there were a couple dozen :(