Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:57 pm  Post subject: Re: I have't used p2p for a year

The Ancient One
Vae Victis wrote:
elchupacabra wrote:
So you have to upload the file over and over again? I think we now found a point in which ed2k might be better.

How many times do you upload a file on emule network before it's considered released with enough sources?
I myself at least 10 to 15 times.

On ngs you only have to upload once (per retention timespan, often close to a year or more)

I think the point you just found doesn't make ed2k better, but ngs ;)

Well, not really. Retention means that every day several files are deleted, because they are more than a year old. Now someone like Moerges (who reshares a lot) would need to upload 1 GB every day. On ed2k nothing is deleted so in the end there is no "wasted" upload. A file only vanishes when nobody shares.

NZB is more comfortable, because you don't need to store all your movies on your hard drive all the time. But in the end it is very similar to rapidshare, with rapidshare being better in a way, because it does not deleted files as long as they are accessed (even if they are one year old or even older). Privacy is a different question of course.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:07 pm  Post subject: Re: I have't used p2p for a year

Master Of The Dead Donkey
elchupacabra wrote:
rapidshare being better in a way

:outsider:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:30 pm  Post subject: Re: I have't used p2p for a year

Demon Of The Abyss
Wait I got something for that :googley:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:19 pm  Post subject: Re: I have't used p2p for a year

The Ancient One
?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:55 pm  Post subject: Re: I have't used p2p for a year

Demon Of The Abyss
That we could have an endless discussion about who is right, but on the internet I'm always right. :googley:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:21 pm  Post subject: Re: I have't used p2p for a year

The Ancient One
They disagree with you saying "rapidshare being better in a way". They think it's all bad, while you say rapidshare at least doesn't delete files which have been used in the past year. It's all a matter of opinion.

I was about to post the above, but apparently I forgot about it and got logged out :wacky:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:47 pm  Post subject: Re: I have't used p2p for a year

Site Admin
Rapidshare retention is less than a year, its psuedo-random in most cases. I'd say rapidshare retention's about even in my experience and the rate of incompletes is far in excess.
I think newsgroups has hit the point where they will stop deleting data, if you look at all the major providers they are just increasing their retention to beyond a year and adding in more hdd before they remove older binaries. Cost of adding in new hdds, competition,etc means they have to keep expanding.

The main thing for me with rapidshare is how much time you have to waste to achieve the same thing, I'm going to update the newsgroups guide for SABNZBd, its far less management than the current guide.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:53 pm  Post subject: Re: I have't used p2p for a year

Master Of The Dead Donkey
@ Rapidshare retention: send an email to abuse @ rapidshare and the reported links get deleted in 15 minutes. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:34 am  Post subject: Re: I have't used p2p for a year

The Devil, Probably
all of this great.... but man I love mule and torrents, just like I clutched my VHS tapes till 2001, Why do I need something NOW!!!! if I ain't gonna watch it for days/weeks/years/ever anyway? Waste of money, waste of time IMNHO. I have full cable movies in HD nowadays so any shows I just watch on there, and only really dl rare shit I can wait for.

Newsgroups are for OCD suckers! :mrgreen: :beerchug: :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:21 pm  Post subject: Re: I have't used p2p for a year

Site Admin
1) People don't want their time dictated by someone else... that is why tv is and forever will be wank for lots of people. The only think its good for is bankrolling new shows for downloading.
2) NZBs are better than emule, which is better than torrents
3) Rapidshare is shit.