PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:42 am  Post subject: Top 10 Movies of the 00's
Request Territory

Request Territory
Here's mine favourite movies:

- Memento
- Requiem for a Dream
- Little Miss Sunshine
- Children of Men
- Planet Terror (Death Proof was awful, but this was worth seeing Grindhouse in theaters.)
- Capote (Hoffmans voice did get on my nerves however)
- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
- Donnie Darko
- Sin City
- Gladiator

List down your top 10 movies.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:45 pm  Post subject: Re: Top 10 Movies of the 00's

The Devil, Probably
i wasn't born in 00's :outsider:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:07 am  Post subject: Re: Top 10 Movies of the 00's

The Devil, Probably
Children of men is reall good, dunno about top ten imb. Awesome soundtrack! (king crimson ftw!)

not many horror movies on that list either.... only planet terror (which I liked alot)

for HORROR I'd say:

Planet Terror

.... shit can't think of no more, they all either sucked or just mediocore in the grand scheme. Damn he's right, all the better movies def wore not horror.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:08 pm  Post subject: Re: Top 10 Movies of the 00's

The Ancient One
All horror:

28 Days Later
Eden Lake
The Orphanage
Brotherhood of the Wolf
Shaun of the Dead
The Descent
The Others
The Mist
[REC]
À L'intérieur

Lots of European movies there... :wink:

Last Release: The Food of the Gods (1976)
NZB: download/file.php?id=436

Coming Soon: Cat's Eye, The Uncanny, Food of the Gods 2, The Devil's Men, Studio 666.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:58 pm  Post subject: Re: Top 10 Movies of the 00's

The Ancient One
Frank Darabont's Mist? That was Mist. :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:17 pm  Post subject: Re: Top 10 Movies of the 00's

Master Of The Dead Donkey
Just horror: (pretty similar to MCMLXXXVIII's, ah well)

Switchblade Romance/Haute Tension - Flawed but brilliant.

75% of 28 Days Later - I've always found the soldiers regression from highly trained protectors survivors, to inept wannabe rapists just poorly written wank. It makes up for it with a cracking final 20 minutes.

The Mist - Great fun and I don't care what any of you people say, they ending is fantastic. And a bit funny.

À L'intérieur - Possibly my favorite.

Dog Soldiers - Shush now. It's great.

Dawn Of The Dead - Zack Snyder is complete knobber, but this got the blend of fun and gore right.

The Descent

Brotherhood Of The Wolf - Stunningly shot, based on cracking bit of true life oddness (sort of), and also has Virginie Darmon looking good enough to keep me on the brink of an accident.

Fragile - Yeah, the one where Ally McBeal gets a job wiping kids arses on the Isle Of Wright. Not amazing but the only film I've seen in my 30s that made me jump with fright. Whilst yelping like a twat. In front of the wife. Which was embarassing.

Murder Party/Evil Aliens - Yeah, why not. Low budget done well is one of my biggest loves and I enjoyed these two massively. One scene in Murder Party had me laughing so much I couldn't breathe or see properly.

Prob a bit more in-depth than it should be, but what else am I gonna do on Boxing Day?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Top 10 Movies of the 00's

The Ancient One
Moon was nice.

perkin2000 wrote:
The Mist - Great fun and I don't care what any of you people say, they ending is fantastic. And a bit funny.

For me the whole movie was boring as hell and the CGI was real bad.

I found this page: http://www.examiner.com/x-1550-Seattle- ... the-Decade

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:54 am  Post subject: Re: Top 10 Movies of the 00's

The Ancient One
Oh, I see a lot of good movies posted already.

My number one is definitely Planet Terror. The way I saw it at the cinema certainly helped there (was with a friend, I wanted to bike, he wanted tor ide the tram. Tram didn't come, we waited. Then suddenly twop trams came. both the same. One broke down, we had to walk the last part, when we got to the cinema, the lines were long and the film had already started. A drunk guy just got thrown out and the manager which was present for that let us in when we showed our tickets which we had bought beforehand). But still, it is the best zombiemovie since 1999 for me.

Others I really liked:

Rec
Shaun of the Dead
À L'intérieur
Brotherhood of the Wolf

and a bit of love for 28 Days Later.

About the site chupa posted: nice list, but I don't see Pan's Labyrinth as a horrormovie. About the others I can be very short: I haven't seen The Orpanage yet; the films on the list I really dislike are The Others and The Descent; a film which is greatly overrated imo is Let The Right One In; Audition and The Devil's Backbone are really good films, but not good enough to put on my list. The rest of the films already are.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:37 pm  Post subject: Re: Top 10 Movies of the 00's

The Devil, Probably
The Orphanage is boring. It left me thinking: I saw too much of these kind of movies already.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:55 pm  Post subject: Re: Top 10 Movies of the 00's

The Ancient One
Haha, got you. Spambot! :voodoo: :shadey: