Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 12:19 am  Post subject: todays HORROR wall paper

The Ancient One
a good one from d0c maniac, u guys gonna like this one ;)

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/20 ... een001.jpg

i hope we can post a new wallpaper daily in here...

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 12:52 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
damn, doom 3 looks good. I played that e3 demo and it kicked some serious arse!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 11:46 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
omg! nice shit!
when is it realsed?
Hope it's for multiplayergaming too.. :matrix:

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 11:48 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
i get games releases before the shops, so i will be one of the first that play that game :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 12:18 am  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
nice! :D

why?

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 5:19 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
it's the hair that does it man. groovy.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 5:54 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
Whoa! :D Looks damn great that Doom3... still remember when first Doom came out. I think I played it a little bit too much back then...

Quote:
i hope we can post a new wallpaper daily in here...

Well, I have few nice horror wallpapers. All are 1024x768 in size.
[EDIT]Damn. Looks like they are gone... and so is my avatar. Oh well, you can find most of them here;
http://www.carfax-abbey.com/wallpaper/default.cfm ,
http://www.movieforum.com/movies/wallpapers/horror/index.shtml and here
http://www.brian-oshaughnessy.com/horror_wallpapers.html [/EDIT]

Last edited by Iconoclast on Fri May 02, 2003 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 6:08 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
Nice Iconoclast! :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 6:21 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
Heh, can't wait to see doom 3. The only thing that bothers me is that my hardware may have problems with the engine. Still remember playing doom 1 on 386SX 33, you know... :)

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 4:24 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
get the e3 demo and see if you can play that then. it's been on SR since last summer.

I just started playing The Thing. Damn good game that too!

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 6:20 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
Honestly, I didn't like The Thing that much. I don't know why. I simply can't see what's so special in it - everything about it seems perfectly average to me. Of course, this is only my opinion, I know many people who loved the game...

As for Doom 3 demo, do you mean the leaked alpha version? Or was there some other release that I missed? Unfortunately I can't check sharereactor because it seems to be down at the moment, and since I'm staying at my girlfriend's this week I don't have access to eMule, so I can't do any search...

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 10:02 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
Damn i forgot i never replied to this thread. I was going to capture some of the horror game i've just been playing which has hella-cool graphics (Resident Evil for the GameCube). Best in the series by far imo :)

Anyways, I'm really hoping that they don't do what everyone knows they are going to do with this game, that being the biggest flaw of the whole series. It's so damn boring, i mean it's not so much scarey as it is spending four f*cking hours trying to find the blue key. IMO, Doom I and II failed miserably at this, but games like duke3d avoided this plague of 1st person shooters. However on the brightside, the unofficial Doom3 (Quake, for those that don't realise it's made by the same guys, :) ) seemed to avoid this to some degree.

I think Doom and Doom II are plain terrible games, I mean they are supposed to be fun but they are boring and most of the game consists of tedious corridoor walking until u find an obscure wall to shoot which opens up to reveal the blue key. Frag fest? Yawn fest more like. The only saving grace of the originals was multiplayer.

Hopefully they've taken note of Half-life, goldeneye and all those good FPS rather than the previous dooms.

As for the alpha, if i'm not mistaken i posted it in the game section last year :D

The Thing is okay, i enjoyed it. Still, not as good as other 3rd person action, adventure game, but it's got some pretty unique features and there are some hella cool bits. Hated the ending though. As far as third person horror games go, i think Shadowman is the best, and if u want weirdness, Majora's Mask rips the piss out of the competition. :)

edit: oops, i meant best 3rd person horror game. Obviously the best 3rd person game is Zelda: Ocarina of time, followed by Zelda: Windwaker.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 7:48 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
lol, hmmm well it seems in a recent poll, Doom game series second in the best all time games, so i guess i may have been harsh.

I detested Doom I and II, along with wolfenstein because among other things, it's terrible graphics gave me a headache :lol:

hehe looks like the aforementioned Zelda is no. 1 too:
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtm ... ID=2675822

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 7:55 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
neither I played The thing more then a few hours... Didn't really like it...

@spudthedestroyer.. you got GC? :D I have played it some 2.. Love it.. have you tested RE-zero yet? Think i will buy it later if the money pops up into my wallet..
My brother just came home with Windwaker (Zelda).. Looks awsome.. Will try it later when he leaves it.. hehe..

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 2:04 am  Post subject:

Site Admin
izac wrote:

@spudthedestroyer.. you got GC? :D I have played it some 2.. Love it.. have you tested RE-zero yet? Think i will buy it later if the money pops up into my wallet..
My brother just came home with Windwaker (Zelda).. Looks awsome.. Will try it later when he leaves it.. hehe..

yeah i got a gamecube a few weeks back. Argos (large catalogue store) were doing a special offer where you got a gamecube, memory card and any game for ?80, knowing zelda was a few weeks away i decided to grab it. Only got three games, Mario (free :D ), Resident Evil (cos it was cheap :) ) and zelda.

I've not played RE: 0, but from what i hear the remake of RE is better in everyway. I haven't played it though, does it have the defence weapons in?

As for zelda, I'm loving it more each minute i play it, at the moment it's teetering on becoming my second best game "of all time" TM (after Link to the Past on the Snes :) )

Strange thing was i was really going off games. I mean i'd occasionally play on the odd game, ie. GTA3, the thing, medal of honour, Mafia, but i'd get bored of them a week or two later. I think Nintendo has brain washed me, they are the only games i can play for much longer :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 5:46 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
spudthedestroyer wrote:
izac wrote:

yeah i got a gamecube a few weeks back. Argos (large catalogue store) were doing a special offer where you got a gamecube, memory card and any game for ?80, knowing zelda was a few weeks away i decided to grab it. Only got three games, Mario (free :D ), Resident Evil (cos it was cheap :) ) and zelda.

I've not played RE: 0, but from what i hear the remake of RE is better in everyway. I haven't played it though, does it have the defence weapons in?

As for zelda, I'm loving it more each minute i play it, at the moment it's teetering on becoming my second best game "of all time" TM (after Link to the Past on the Snes :) )

Strange thing was i was really going off games. I mean i'd occasionally play on the odd game, ie. GTA3, the thing, medal of honour, Mafia, but i'd get bored of them a week or two later. I think Nintendo has brain washed me, they are the only games i can play for much longer :mrgreen:

Nice prize! Why so damn cheap? Just played some Zelda.. got pretty much in school now, so I don't have the time for gameing, but I couldn't resist.. hehe.. Looked awsome.. YOu got the new version of Ocarina of time too? I've got it.. Not tested it yet.
Have too agree with you.. Mafia, GTA and so on only lasts in some days/weeks.. But nintendo.. Hey! This is what I call games who lives 4-ever.. hehe
Must get some math done now.. enough for now.. hehe.. bb

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 8:31 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
so cheap cos it was on special offer (don't ask me why, but argos ended up selling out everywhere :) ). Had to treck off to the other side of town @ first thing in the morning to get one at that price.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 10:37 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
hehe.. not hard do imagine that..
You got that special version of Ocarina of time with your windwalker?

(we have changed this 'wallpaper thread' to a GC thread :P)

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 11:51 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
izac wrote:
hehe.. not hard do imagine that..
You got that special version of Ocarina of time with your windwalker?

(we have changed this 'wallpaper thread' to a GC thread :P)

yeah, i dunno if i can be arsed completing Ocarina of Time again (already done it completely on the n64) and i haven't had time to look at master quest yet but i hear it's harder (i hope it is :) )

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 4:23 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
hope so too! It was a while since a finished Ocarina of Time on N64.. So i think I will do it later in summer or something..