Why not register?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:13 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Be's tech support is based in Bulgaria :o

I've had the worst week with NTL/Virgin & so I phoned up & kicked off last week hence they are giving me the next month free, that takes me until 23/12 when I finally disconnect from them, their shitty undisclosed throttling, their shitty tech support & their arranged engineers visits that get cancelled without telling the customer.

Be has added a new package so now they have 3 different ones. I'm 2.2 miles from the exchange so they say that I wont be able to get 24mb/1.3mb & that I'm more likely to get 9mb/1mb & its only £18 a month for the unlimited package where NTL charge you £45 for their shitty throttled for d/l abuse 10mb.

I ordered Be today & they just emailed me saying my live date is the 6th of December :o How fast is that?? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:58 am  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
6th of December? Thats my birthday :mrgreen: Hope it works out :beerchug:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:01 am  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
I too had enough of Virgin, they're fucking appalling, however as the ADSL speeds in this area are shite, I went with http://www.ntltelewestbusiness.com ironically, part of the same company as VM, but :

UK tech support, no throttling, and a 4 hour fix time SLA (!)

Only had to use the fix once (problem with phones), but they turned up the same day within 2 hours of me calling them :o

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:33 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
I'm now with Be* & like spud said, the bebox aka speedtouch 585 they send you is a piece of crap. I couldnt get it to forward my ports properly so I've worked around it. I've bridged the bebox into a modem & ethernetted it into my cable belkin & bingo.

Be* seem to be having a lot of DNS issues making websites not work without a few refreshes, but they have a very active member forum that is great for getting helpful advice from & the Be* staff do actually post & reply on it.

I'm now able to max out at 10mb & upload at 1mb. This is higher than expected as I'm 2.2km from the exchange & Be* told me I'd get 9mb.

The tech support is a freephone number & terminates in Bulgaria but the staff you speak to arent the usual muppets reading from a flow chart, theyre trained & can explain to you what to do in simple terms rather than technobabble.

£18 a month for an uncapped up to 24mb line, a 3 month termination contract with free tech support & a member forum is a real bargain in my opinion.

Note: You don't own the modem, its leased to you & you have 1 month to return it to them after your service ends or they charge you £100.

Edit: They also do refer a friend where both of you get a free months rental. Spud you forgot about this & coulda referred me :lol:
Anybody on here that I've known a while whos considering switching to Be* send me a PM & I'll refer you as you can't knock a freebie 8)