Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:34 am  Post subject:

Skull Full Of Maggots
Spud, still it's frustrating with long queue lines. For me it seems like bittorrent is a lot faster. Granted, it is slow when there's 1-5 seeders, but as soon as you open the torrent file it goes to work unless you're behind a firewall. I don't really have a problem with emule itself. I've found some really rare videos that I'd probably will never see on bittorrent let alone on dvd, but it's just takes forever for 100mb file to download. I've had one in particular (it's a rare old tv show from the 50s) open for a least a week now and I've only gotten 4% completed. It just takes way too long to get the files. That's really my only complaint about emule. Other than that it's a great program. Certainly better than the rest that have popped up out there.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:54 am  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
use usenet for tv series mate :beerchug:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:13 am  Post subject:

Site Admin
vtwin0001 wrote:
use usenet for tv series mate :beerchug:

new ones, sure, its the best way... old ones... emule :beerchug:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:39 am  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
I've got old ones off emule...

check a.b.vintage-tv (or something like that, it has the word vintage on it :P )

You could easily get the 20 000 leagues series off there (I saw it a while ago). :beerchug:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:47 am  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
Hmmm... my bad.. its not 20000 leagues, but voyage to the bottom of the sea:

HERE

:beerchug:

Last edited by vtwin0001 on Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:47 am  Post subject:

Skull Full Of Maggots
Don't you have to pay for usenet? I wouldn't know how to use it. Never tried it before.

I don't think they have what I'm looking for anyway in the means of vintage tv. I searched the links that were stickied on this board and didn't find anything I was looking for. I'm looking for stuff that's non-horror related. Mostly crime dramas and westerns from back in the 50s and 60s.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:03 am  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
THe link provided was only for that serie...
let me help you out with that:
HERE

yup.. you have to pay for usenet, but it gives you really fast downloads, and when I say fast, I mean FAST (faster than torrent and that shit).

In usenet you might find very weird stuff and very new popular stuff. It's not like emule though, but it's a good combination (leaving torrents apart, cause most of the stuff in BT these days are in usenet).

To use, just get an account in usenetserver (or something like that.. giganews is also good), and download SABNZBd and follow the instructions. It's as easy as 1..2..3...4...5 (not 1 2 3, it's a bit complicated :P )

I post some stuff in a.b.multimedia.horror sometimes, it's a great group :D :beerchug:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:40 am  Post subject:

Skull Full Of Maggots
vtwin0001 wrote:
THe link provided was only for that serie...
let me help you out with that:
HERE

yup.. you have to pay for usenet, but it gives you really fast downloads, and when I say fast, I mean FAST (faster than torrent and that shit).

In usenet you might find very weird stuff and very new popular stuff. It's not like emule though, but it's a good combination (leaving torrents apart, cause most of the stuff in BT these days are in usenet).

To use, just get an account in usenetserver (or something like that.. giganews is also good), and download SABNZBd and follow the instructions. It's as easy as 1..2..3...4...5 (not 1 2 3, it's a bit complicated :P )

I post some stuff in a.b.multimedia.horror sometimes, it's a great group :D :beerchug:

I didn't mean the link you provided. I meant the ones that were stickied here. I ventured through the search feature and searched all the groups, but didn't find what I was looking for. I'm basically looking for particular episodes of certain shows like 77 Sunset Strip, which there are some but I'm looking for one episode in particular called 'White Lie' and other shows like, Checkmate, Burke's Law, etc. Usenet doesn't seem to have these shows either. They have some stuff just not what I'm looking for.

But thanks anyway. :beerchug:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:03 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
I don't understand why people would want to have files really really fast. Everything else in society already is ;)

In BT as well as in eMule I have sometimes waited 2 months (yes, this is no typo: two months) for a file to complete. In BT I had a DVD ISO stuck at 98.8% with no seeds. I just waited. In eMule I missed only 1 chunk from Don't Go In The Woods alone, I just waited... again!

And guess what: patience pays back. In the end I get all my files complete, just by not checking every few seconds if it's already there (if you wanna get frusrated over nothing: please do that!! Check every kB which comes in! Great fun!). Seriously: a little patience never hurt anyone and you'll appreciate your file even more when you finally get the last part.

Oh, 1 more thing: I always seed/upload/share with more ferocity those files that I had to wait so long for so others maybe won't have the same problem.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:14 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
i dunno, there's kind of files i would like to get sooner than others, or within a certain time... say if someone wants a cd, or if i planned on showing a movie. Doesn't have to be super fast, unless its a new tv show... then if they are good you have to watch it each week :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:50 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
spudthedestroyer wrote:
if i planned on showing a movie.

Hehe, I used to show movies at my student's association (always at least one Nasty :twisted: ), but I only planned that AFTER having downloaded the movie :lol: