Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:44 am  Post subject: This is great, but i've just got a few queries...
Request Territory

Request Territory
Hi

I pretty new here nad I have enjoyed checking out all the different films, collections and forums. I'm really happy/grateful to be able to download all these cool rare films but I just have a few questions about things I don't really understand.

1) I want to upload and share the files I've downloaded from this site the best I can. What is the best way to do this? I read somwhere that its best to upload one film at a time? At the moment all the films I've downloaded are in my "incoming" folder and are being shared. Is this an unproductive way of sharing?

2) I have been downloading "Crimes of the Black cat" from the Giallo collection now for a few days. It was coming down great gunsd, but my internet connection faltered and now it stuck 'waiting' at about %95. Is this like Bittorrent? does it mean there are no 'seeds' for mme to finish the file from? I have tried to download a couple of others (Perfume of the lady in Black for example) and am not making much progress on them - does this mean they are 'dead'?

3) I have some films such as Grapes of Death (jean Rollin) that I downloaded from CrazeyMAzeys ages ago. I'd really like to share but I see the film was posted on this site some time ago. Would it be productive for me to post it again, or will the old post still make the film availible?

All in all, I guess I'm a little bit in the dark about the theory behind how emule actually works and how long it keeps files alive. If anyone can enlighten my sorry ass so I can share as productively as possible it would be really appreciated.

Cheers

Nip
:beerchug:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:03 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
1) The best way is probably to look through the site and see if any of the files you have are being requested for reshare. If they are, go to the 'Shared Files' tab in eMule, right click the file in question, set upload priority to 'Release' and set powersharing as 'active'. Then drop a reply in the thread to say that you've bumped it to PS Release.

If you are releasing a file (bringing it to the network for the first time), then sharing one file at a time on PS Release is the only way to go.

2)For 'seeds' read: sources. It may be possible that the person(s) sharing the file have gone offline, or you have a low position in their queue (or you switched off your PC before you got to the top of the queue). Patience is a virtue with eMule, slow and steady wins the race. If the source bar is red, it means there are no sources and you could ask for a reshare (post the link in the reshare sub-forum).

3)If people still have the file, then the original post will have the correct link to the file. If you click on the [stats] beside any ed2k link on the site, it will give you a picture of how well sourced the file is. If there are no sources (or only 1), you could put the file on PS Release and let people know you're sharing it by replying to the topic.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:40 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
Vis got game, do what he said :)

Quote:
I read somwhere that its best to upload one film at a time?

Release unique files at a time, ie. your own rips. if its reshares, since its usually just chunks here and there its fine and good to leave them in your share. I would consider making better uses of priorities so things with low sources are high and things with high sources are either removed or put on very low.

2) if its blue, its okay. If its red for a long time, you'll probably need to ask for a reshare, best to do so in the release thread or something :)