Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:34 pm  Post subject: corrupt audio: Welcome.to.Arrow.Beach.1974.DVDRip.XviD-STR.a

Blood Sucking Freak
ed2k: Welcome.to.Arrow.Beach.1974.DVDRip.XviD-STR.avi  [701.26 Mb] [Stats]

Ok just finished this file and noticed the audio is corrupt at the start (bad enough to damage your speakers if up high) this is the second time its happened now would this indicate everyone with the file is having the same problem or am i just the unlucky one. Also is the problem rectifiable or should I now be removing this file from shares. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:35 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
*moved*

Well str are active so they can probably verified it. Since you say its happened before, its probably unlikely to be a problem with the file and more likely a problem with your audio codecs. If you installed a codec pack... that may very well be it. Uninstall all codec packs. Install ffdshow, and then xvid (latest) if you intend to encode. Finally install AC3Filter.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:24 am  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
yeah spudthedestroyer did as you said but unfortunately no result. The problem is at begin of file and as I have not had chance to view whole thing yet it could be an intermittent problem throughout the file but I must say that audio on the rest of the file is fine and runs ok. Anyway soon after posting previous message I had a slight problem with with my slave drive(dynamic disk) which is where temp, incomplete and shares folder exists. Went off-line and when reactivate showed Healthy status but at risk. Ran error check+correct and came back on-line, without errors. I think the cause of this problem is simply a sh~ty IDE cable which will be replaced ASAP I doubt this has something to do with Audio issue but the Risk Status has occurred once in past as well, I think close to the previous files corruption. Anyway am backing up disk (even though its now healthy) just to be sure. I am going to remove my copy of ARROW BEACH from shares/seeding status just in case it affects anyone else's download. If anyone feels this is not necessary please say so. Also if anyone else experiences problems with this file let me Know, although saying that I do think its a problem unique to my download or machine or maybe codecs for that matter. Anyway thanks for your help on this issue it is appreciated. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:22 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
AceGecKo wrote:
I am going to remove my copy of ARROW BEACH from shares/seeding status just in case it affects anyone else's download. If anyone feels this is not necessary please say so.

Why not see if the hash of the file you're sharing matches the one in the release post? If it has been damaged somehow, then the hash will probably be different.

On the subject of the file, I don't have it so I can't comment, but people normally report any problems in the release thread and there's been none so far (not that that is necessarily an indicator, but someone usually points out flaws.). Maybe Dxa can check his copy and see if he has any audio problems.