Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:26 pm  Post subject: Vob 4 Is More Than Just The End Of The Film

The Ancient One
Come to rip another DVD & Vob 4 has all the extras on it. DGIndex can see where the film ends & the extras start, Vob1, Cell 18, Vob 2 Cell 1. blah.
Do I need to use a vob cutter to create a vob 4 thats exactly where the end of the film is or is there something in Gknot that I've not noticed ?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:34 pm  Post subject:

Demon Of The Abyss
I use MPEG2Cut. dead easy to use, based on DGIndex

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:28 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Just been messing with DGIndex & I dont know if you guys know this, but by moving the pointer to what is the end of the film & pressing the ']' button sets an end. Watched it make the AVS & it stopped there.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:30 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Damn spud, you removed your post lol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:35 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
BadBugs wrote:
Just been messing with DGIndex & I dont know if you guys know this, but by moving the pointer to what is the end of the film & pressing the ']' button sets an end. Watched it make the AVS & it stopped there.

Yep thats actually the preferred and required technique. You can do ALOT with DGIndex (well not that much) but its a crucial step to getting a solid rip. Trimming the beginning usless logos and the end crap is the best way to start maximizing quality. I rememebr your other thread, BadBugs, so I urge you to fool around with the program. The rip of TCM looks pretty good I must say, glad to watch GOOD help unfold like that. You can even 'log the quantization Matrix', but who knows what thats for...

Damn getting drunk ending typing :beerchug: :beerchug:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:52 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Thanks Grind. I think almost everyone knows how tricky GK can be the first few times you use it & if it hadnt been for spuds constant 'Use GK' :outsider: I probably would have continued to use AGK & then TCM would have come out at 720x576 with massive black borders & a far inferior picture. The best thing is that I wasnt left to struggle alone & these guys stepped in & gave me like you say 'GOOD' advice & helped me right the way through ripping 2 completely different kinds of DVD. So I say to everyone, give it a go, try it on your own with the guides first then when youve done that & scratching your head, ask on this help section coz you will get all the advice you need. Thanks to those who helped me :beerchug: