Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:09 am  Post subject: Emule Help

Buried In The Backyard
I just had my computer restart on me and when I started emule again I noticed that a bunch of files I was downloading basically vanished from my downloads. What I was wondering is, are they basically gone or is there a way that I can resume the download without losing all of the information I had already downloaded?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:37 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
go into options & check the directories for incoming & temp havent changed. Set the temp back to where your incompletes are.
Whats more worrying is that your pc is rebooting itself. This could be a power supply failing or even your pc overheating. If you get a series of beeps as it reboots, thats likely overheating which would mean you opening the case & cleaning out the cpu heatsink/fan. If no beeps & it becomes regular, check all the plugs are secure inside the case first, then if it still continues, borrow a psu from another pc & try that see if that stops it. Beyond that its PC shop time.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 1:05 am  Post subject:

Site Admin
This is a common problem, to which there's no easy solution to.

Its happened to everyone who's been using emule/edonkey for a long time. Basically, when your computer rebooted, emule was writing to the part.met files and the info in them has been blitzed.

Do not restart emule, or keep opening and closing it. Go to your sever tab, then go to the log tab. write down all of the corrupted part.met files, they'll be listed right at the top of your log.

Shut down emule and keep it closed. Have a go with a program called the DonkeyDoctor. Point it to each of the part.met files and hopefully you'll be able to restore the right files.

The easiest solution would be to restore backups, providing you made them. I tend to hit the "make backup" button on the .part.met every so often so i can just get the backup and drop them over the top of the corrupted part.met files. Some emule mods backup part.met files on shutdown, so if you are using one, restore the backed up .part.met files. They are in a folder called backup in your emule installaiton folder.