Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:03 pm  Post subject: not downloading when i click
Request Territory

Request Territory
if i copy paste the link to ED2K Link Handler it works but wen i click on the posted double-click link nothing happens.. any reasons to why ? I am on a Mac and have aMule installed.. any help wouldl be appreciated thanks for the support :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:53 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Easy... go to options, general & click the ed2k links button & everything should auto load into emule. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:58 pm  Post subject: Re: not downloading when i click

The Devil, Probably
Hello. I just installed xubuntu on my laptop (windows free notebook now :rock: ) and aMule doesn't get the ED2K links when I click them in FireFox 3.
I already tried what is described over here: http://www.amule.org/wiki/index.php/Ed2 ... r_later.29

Can someone tell me what could possibly be the problem?

Btw. if I manually copy the link into the $HOME/.aMule/ED2KLinks file (which should be done automatically for me when I click ED2K links) they appear in the transfer list correctly.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:08 pm  Post subject: Re: not downloading when i click

The Devil, Probably
OK I found a workaround for this. You can easily add any ED2K link by performing the following few steps:

• Right click the ED2K link in your browser and select "Copy link address"
  • Switch to aMule and select the "Transfer" tab
  • Paste the copied link into the field at the bottom (called "ED2K Link Handler") and press "Commit"

Here is a picture where you can see the mentioned field at the bottom: http://www.speicherabzugerzeuger.de/misc/aMule.gif

The benefit of this method is that it's browser independent. :wink:

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:38 pm  Post subject: Re: not downloading when i click

Site Admin
i found ed2k had stopped working on my laptop and i use ed2k linker to send links through, i installed emule hit the ed2k link and then uninstalled to fix it

@amule, mozex works fine for me on ubuntu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:57 pm  Post subject: Re: not downloading when i click

The Devil, Probably
Thanks for the input! I'll give it a try. :D

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:31 pm  Post subject: Re: not downloading when i click

Will Tear Your Soul Apart
The problem is you've mistaken an expensive paperweight for a computer :) :suicide: