Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:04 pm  Post subject: MorphXT questions

The Ancient One
When I read this, I decided to download and install MorphXT v10.0:

BadBugs wrote:
http://emulemorph.sourceforge.net/

The latest version expects you to have emule 0.48a installed.
Just install this morphxt mod into your emule folder overwriting everything its replacing & it should run for you from all your old settings. The best part is the powershare function which will allow you to pump out your releases far easier than basic emule. Good Luck 8)

But I have some questions about it:

1) How does MorphXT pump out releases far easier? Because I can't increase my upload speed, so what is it?

2) What is the Global Hardlimit for?

3) Why can only 3 people download from me now when in classic emule there were five?

4) Is "Share only the need" better for spreading releases or does it not make much difference?

5) What does Fair Play actually do? I read the pop-up, but it doesn't make any sense to me :?

6) What's the best credit system?

7) Instead of two numbers in classic eMule, MorphXT shows three numbers in the "Sources" column. For example: 2/68/75 (2). Is the number 2 in this example meaning the same in both cases? Or is the first 2 meaning something else than the second 2?

I hope someone can answer my questions or help me out in any other way. Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:51 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
I cant answer all your questions because I dont know what half the stuff means either. But you have an extra option in the priority which is powershare & once youve selected the file you want to release as powershare it seems to really push that file out which the basic mule client seems to struggle to do.

You can go into the morph options & change so many small things, like you can select what percentage of your u/l b/w is used by friendslots, how much b/w to share to each uploader & tons of stuff that I've not figured out just yet.

With morphxt you have multiple friendslots instead of just the 1.

Share only the need is a good way of evenly spreading your release as the downloaders in your Q will only see you sharing the chunks that they cant see shared by other users.

Theres a spreadbar if you enable it to see which chunks youve shared of your release to give you a better idea of how youre getting on.

Maybe somebody else can step in with info to answer your other questions. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:05 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
1) morphxt has powersharing, which means you only ever upload the files being powershared. It hurts your ratio since you don't share what your downloading as much, but you spread the files a lot faster your powersharing.
2) max sources, across all files iirc.
3) optimised bandwidth for a small number of people at a higher bandwidth vs lower bandwidth to a higher number of people (completes vs part spreading)
4) you don't appear as a full source, emule guesses what parts are most needed and reveals only these to clients.. turn its off, imo its a shit feature.
5) erm, i don't think they have that feature in the morphxt i'm using.
6) honestly, there's no answer, its philosophy.
7) i would only be guessing, i don't know because i don't care. Don't really find it relevant.... your talking tab right? The only sources that's important is the one on your shared tab, and even that is less relevant to teh one you see when you hit stats on this forum.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:13 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
I've lost faith in the stats button of late. I can be a full source on both my clients & have 30 peeps in my Q for a film & stats could report 0 full sources & say 7 incompletes. I dont know why its become so unreliable :?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:20 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Thanks for all the answers!

1) I must be doing something wrong, because I'm uploading other files as well, not only the powershared one. I have activated PS on that file and disabled it on all others in the "Shared" tab. Do I need to "Enable PS internal file priority"?
2) OK
3) OK
4) OK
5) I've got v10.0, maybe you have a v9.x
6) OK, hummmmmmmmmmmm
7) I'm talking about the sources visible in the "Download" tab, so they are the sources I need to get my movies.

Thanks again :beerchug:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:41 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
BadBugs wrote:
I've lost faith in the stats button of late. I can be a full source on both my clients & have 30 peeps in my Q for a film & stats could report 0 full sources & say 7 incompletes. I dont know why its become so unreliable :?

stats link is refreshed ever couple of hours and only from the major servers, combine that with the fact that someone might be hiding parts it doesn't appear as complete unless you tell the server its complete.

Also doesn't account for kad, its server only.

[Stats] link are much more reliable than any stats you see in emule. Its a server pooling report vs your clients world view, the [Stats] link usually wins out.

1) put everything on lower quality, its good if one or two files get through, it should be predominantly your powershares though, especially bandwidth size.

I have no internal PS on mine, there's just an option to turn powershare on or off, and then a priority, obviously I set everything to very low and then teh file i want to share to release and then activate powersharing on it. to get it spread the most.

7) meh, if its blue, that's all that matters :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:09 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
1) OK, got it.
7) Well, I was just curious. No big deal.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:39 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
Quote:
7) Well, I was just curious. No big deal.

You must attain a priority clearance and pay for seven years of audit counseling to learn the secret truth....

I work on a model that if i don't know, nobody else needs to know :googley: Rocket Science, medicine, health, sports, etc. Don't need that stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:09 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Mmm, I only GIVE audit counseling... :twisted: