Why not register?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 808 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 41  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:17 pm  Post subject: Re: Beginners Guide To Ripping With Gordian Knot

The Ancient One
Thanks, the fft3d problem seems out of the way, just in time to be replaced by another one.

This time GK tells me there is no function named MSuper.

What's MSuper? It is apparently in the MCTemporalDenoise avs, how many functions are in there which are giving me problems right now? This could go on for ages, everytime solving one function, just to get an error on the next. Pretty frustrating.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:30 pm  Post subject: Re: Beginners Guide To Ripping With Gordian Knot

Will Tear Your Soul Apart
donwload this http://g.imagehost.org/download/0183/AviSynthPlugins and replace it your´s AviSynthPlugins for this one

this is gx plugins have all the filter´s you need also at some days has release it new MCTemporalDenoise i don´t have that one in this folder

Quote:

LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\GordianKnot\AviSynthPlugins\UnDot.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\GordianKnot\AviSynthPlugins\RemoveGrainSSE2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\GordianKnot\AviSynthPlugins\Repair.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\GordianKnot\AviSynthPlugins\MaskTools.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\GordianKnot\AviSynthPlugins\mvtools2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\GordianKnot\AviSynthPlugins\degrainmedian.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\GordianKnot\AviSynthPlugins\AddGrainC.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\GordianKnot\AviSynthPlugins\mvtools.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\GordianKnot\AviSynthPlugins\mt_masktools-25.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\GordianKnot\AviSynthPlugins\hqdn3d.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\GordianKnot\AviSynthPlugins\TIVTC.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\GordianKnot\AviSynthPlugins\SangNom.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\GordianKnot\AviSynthPlugins\deblock.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\GordianKnot\AviSynthPlugins\TTempSmooth.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\GordianKnot\AviSynthPlugins\gradfun2db.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\GordianKnot\AviSynthPlugins\EEDI2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\GordianKnot\AviSynthPlugins\dfttest.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\GordianKnot\AviSynthPlugins\UnFilter.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\GordianKnot\AviSynthPlugins\FFT3DFilter.dll")
Load_Stdcall_Plugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\GordianKnot\AviSynthPlugins\yadif\yadif.dll")
Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\GordianKnot\AviSynthPlugins\SeeSaw.avs")
Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\GordianKnot\AviSynthPlugins\LimitedSharpenFaster.avs")
Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\GordianKnot\AviSynthPlugins\GrainFactory3.avs")
Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\GordianKnot\AviSynthPlugins\DeHalo_Alpha.avs")
Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\GordianKnot\AviSynthPlugins\MCTemporalDenoise.v1.1.24.avs")
Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\GordianKnot\AviSynthPlugins\srestore.avs")
Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\GordianKnot\AviSynthPlugins\LSFmod.v1.3.avs")

i have some path are not needed but don´t worry whit that try it also you have to change the path for you´r

i think this is ok i only use 1 or 2 times MCTemporalDenoise and has at some time :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:44 pm  Post subject: Re: Beginners Guide To Ripping With Gordian Knot

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
Sorry Slayer, the Msuper error message you're getting is my fault if you followed what filters to include from that script I gave. Msuper is part of MVTools2, so you need to load the MVTools2.dll ...Apologies for that :oops:

And if you're going to replace your plugin folder with the gx one linked to above, like telmoMRC said, MCTemporalDenoise has been updated since, and so has LSFmod.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:02 pm  Post subject: Re: Beginners Guide To Ripping With Gordian Knot

The Ancient One
OK, replaced mvtools by mvtools2, thanks for the tip.

Next problem is called "mt_makediff". It's on line 789, so we're well past halfway now...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:42 pm  Post subject: Re: Beginners Guide To Ripping With Gordian Knot

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
mt_makediff is part of masktools, so you'll want to load the mt_masktools-25.dll

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:22 pm  Post subject: Re: Beginners Guide To Ripping With Gordian Knot

The Ancient One
OK, done, another one out of the way.

New one:

"RemoveGrain: invalid mode 19"

It is both in MCTemporalDenoise and in LSFmod avs.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:35 pm  Post subject: Re: Beginners Guide To Ripping With Gordian Knot

The Ancient One
That indicates a version conflict. You should update to the latest versions.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:10 pm  Post subject: Re: Beginners Guide To Ripping With Gordian Knot

The Ancient One
OK, thanks. Done.

Running comptest now, because I didn't get any errors anymore. Finally. I hope the comptest gives me a somewhat good result, because I really want to rip this fucker now.

edit: comptest result is 53.1 %, I'm gonna go for it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:45 pm  Post subject: Re: Beginners Guide To Ripping With Gordian Knot

The Ancient One
OK, the rip took 13 hours and is looking the best so far, but some parts still look ugly. Is that beyond repair, or will it look better when I use MCTemporalDenoise on medium settings?

Example:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:54 pm  Post subject: Re: Beginners Guide To Ripping With Gordian Knot

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
I'm jealous you got an encode done in 13 hours with MCTemporalDenoise :(

I'll leave it to elguaxo to give you an erudite answer as to what to do, but I'd say it sounds as though you still aren't previewing what the filtering is doing before encoding if you're asking what the medium setting would look like.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:14 pm  Post subject: Re: Beginners Guide To Ripping With Gordian Knot

The Ancient One
junkboy wrote:
...but I'd say it sounds as though you still aren't previewing what the filtering is doing before encoding if you're asking what the medium setting would look like.

If you mean pressing the Preview button in GK: yes, I do that, but I found out that wat I get to see is not always what I'm gonna get after encoding. There really are differences in image quality between the preview.avs and the final result. So that's why I'm not counting too much on the preview results, especially in this case, where the differences won't be very big.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:53 pm  Post subject: Re: Beginners Guide To Ripping With Gordian Knot

The Ancient One
Try it and compare the results.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:25 pm  Post subject: Re: Beginners Guide To Ripping With Gordian Knot

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
Sorry Slayer, this is the kind of preview I meant...

elguaxo wrote:
Before starting to encode you must preview the Untouched source (just crop resize) vs. your Filtered version. There are many tools that can help you with this, for example: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=129385 or you can just open in one VDM window the untouched source and in another window your filtered version and then compare them side by side.

If you do that, you'll see what the differences are faster, and in a more comparative way.

And as an example, here's what effect the different settings have...

Image Image Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:31 pm  Post subject: Re: Beginners Guide To Ripping With Gordian Knot

The Ancient One
Ah, OK, advanced previewing. You're right, I didn't do that. The AvsP thing was something I didn't understand, so I dropped the previewing thing.

Thanks for posting the screens. Looks like I'm gonna need "high" settings after all: it's the only screen which looks decent.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:12 pm  Post subject: Re: Beginners Guide To Ripping With Gordian Knot

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
If you don't understand AvsP, then try doing the previews with VirtualDubMod like elguaxo explains in the quote of his I used.

The screens I posted are just an example of one frame, and you should really be doing the previewing of it yourself - more so if you're thinking of going with the "high" setting because certain filtering might look good for one frame (or scene), but that doesn't always mean it'll look good for others. So when you are previewing, preview lots of different sections of the movie.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:13 am  Post subject: Re: Beginners Guide To Ripping With Gordian Knot

The Ancient One
Or use different filters for different parts of the movie.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:20 pm  Post subject: Re: Beginners Guide To Ripping With Gordian Knot

Lunatic Of Gods Creation
I found a thread of yours about that :) It's here if Slayer wants an idea of how it can be done.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:04 pm  Post subject: Re: Beginners Guide To Ripping With Gordian Knot

The Ancient One
OK, thanks again. I'm sorry I haven't been listening so well and being a bad boy ;)

Instead of checking out all different filtering stuff, I encoded again with settings on high. The result is fantastic (at least I think so), I just checked it. Btw: this one took 21 hours to complete.

I'll release it when I come back from vacation, because tomorrow I leave for a short period of time. I'll be back mid next week.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:57 am  Post subject: Re: Beginners Guide To Ripping With Gordian Knot

The Ancient One
If you are using very slow filters that lets your encoding pass take more than approximately 1 hour, it is a better solution to use a so called prerendering pass.

The idea is to do the filtering only once and save the result using a lossless codec. Then you use the result with the filtering already applied as an input for the usual 2-pass XviD encoding.

Comparison:

1.) The way you are encoding. Let's say one XviD pass takes 10 hours (running all the filters).

total encoding time = 2x 10h = 20h

2.) Using a prerendering pass. Let's say the prerendering pass takes 10 hours. And XviD pass without any filters running takes 0,5 hour.

total encoding time = 10h + 2x 0,5h = 11h

This strategy can save you a lot of time. But it only makes sense if you are using very slow filters.

Moreover using Multithreaded Avisynth you can fasten the prerendering pass too. If you are lucky and your filters are written with multithreading in mind, you can gain a speed up of up to 3,36 (highest speedup on my quad core so far).

total encoding time = 10h/3,36 + 2x 0,5h = 4h

This way you are five times faster than normally. You no longer need to leave your PC on for an entire day. :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:21 pm  Post subject: Re: Beginners Guide To Ripping With Gordian Knot

Master Of The Dead Donkey
I just posted this @ SBiG.

elguaxo wrote:
Updated AviSynth Plugins folder. Attention this is only for AviSynth 2.5.7!

Highlights:
- updated NNEDI2
- updated dfttest
- updated LSFmod and MCTemporalDenoise
- modified/faster version of MVTools2
- MT 0.7 (+custom avisynth) a filter to run filters multithreaded
- Multithreaded beta version of FFMPEGSource. The syntax of this version is completely different than 1.21, and the plugins folder has both versions

there is a folder called system32. Copy the 4 DLLs in that folder to \WINDOWS\system32. I think the equivalent folder on XP 64 is \WINDOWS\SysWOW64\

Download: MU | Hotfile | Mediafire | omploader

:beerchug: