Why not register?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 808 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:39 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
what did your compressibility test % come out at ?

Not that its will make much difference but you've not set the frame overhead in the interleave box. just tick it & set as AC3 or MP3. You could also try pressing the up arrow between the widthxheight to increase your resolution. Did you 'just mux' the audio? thats 183mb & you say your avi is 225mb ? thats with the audio attatched ?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:41 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
hehe, you deleted your post I edited mine, now were back to front, shall we start again ? lol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:41 am  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
BadBugs wrote:
what did your compressibility test % come out at ?

Not that its will make much difference but you've not set the frame overhead in the interleave box. just tick it & set as AC3 or MP3. You could also try pressing the up arrow between the widthxheight to increase your resolution. Did you 'just mux' the audio? thats 183mb & you say your avi is 225mb ? thats with the audio attatched ?

I dont know how to find that.
I hit Just Max
Yep avi was 225
Yep it has audio

I remeber this happened last time I used Gk :eatthis:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:45 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
You didnt follow the guide properly. Everything is explained clearly.
Compressibility test is explained too & the results are displayed here:

I also circled the box showing you to just mux the audio. Go back to the beginning & start over, this time without a bag of weed or a 6 pack of special brew on a friday night lol :wink:

Last edited by BadBugs on Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:47 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
it has audio? that means you have 40mb of video data then, how good does that look ? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:49 am  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
Well I did hit just mux so i dont know what you mean by that. I will change the Bit and try again. It should allways be set that way? Does the input resolution matter?

It looks like my 4 year old cousin got a hold of my 151 proof rum and some crayons :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:57 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Slow down, go back to the start. Do it with a clear head & read the guide slowly & thoroughly. This guide is designed to avoid these kind of questions besides I have no idea what you're asking :googley:

If you're going along guessing stuff instead of doing things as I've described, you're gonna make mistakes & its not gonna be something we will be able to help you with.

Why did you set the Input pixel ratio to 1.15? coz you were copying my screens rather than reading why I'd set mine to that?

:wacky:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:00 am  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
I don't know why i did that baha. I really didnt know what to do with it being a NTSC. I think I'm gonna go to bed (its 1 am) So Ill look again tomorrow when I'm hungover :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:26 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Hopefully today you'll read the guide instead of looking at the pictures :P :wink:

The pictures are only an example of what I've described in the text. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:58 am  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Has anybody else tried this guide?
If so, could you give me some feedback on areas that need improving or say that it worked for you please?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:45 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
I just decrypted a dvd in IFO mode as I originally posted (thanks to some shitty online guide) & it didnt decrypt the right size. I've edited the guide & you should be decrypting in File mode & I suspect this was why rips were coming out as kiddie crayon drawings as it decrypted to 1.5gig as IFO & 7.5gig as file. :bottle: :voodoo:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:46 pm  Post subject:

Mummified In Barbed Wire
: ) you should go pro

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:22 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Uggh, Photobucket sucks. I'll work on moving the images over to an alternate host.
This will be my avatar caused this problem as it was rather large. :wacky:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:28 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Everything should be right again now.
Hopefully I've not put the wrong screens to the wrong bits of text but my heads boggled after rehosting them so I'll check again later :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:36 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
BadBugs wrote:
Uggh, Photobucket sucks. I'll work on moving the images over to an alternate host.
This will be my avatar caused this problem as it was rather large. :wacky:

Yup, your last animation was 2,7 MB in size. It sometimes took me long to load this site just because of you! :roll: :twisted:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:18 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Well its gone now, never to return :mrgreen:
As for taking a long time to load the site, have you ever tried to open the ultimate exploitation collection? Thats the biggest sucker on the site :zombiewalk:

I've found that my animated avatars attract loads of PMs from people who want to know what film theyre from but I have to agree that the last one was just too damn big, but I'll be keeping this new one now.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:10 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
OK, I tried this now. My experience is as follows:

At first I did something really wrong, because GK did rip four different small parts of the movie. Apparently this was because I didn't let DG Index finish properly in the beginning.

Retry for entire movie:
Everything went good according to the guide.

I understood cropping now and I cropped until the borders were clear.

The AR was nearly perfect, I wanted to make it real perfect but then the cropping failed? I mean this: when I wanted to type 1.095, I just deleted the 4 from 1.094 and replaced it with a 5. When I did this, black bars started to appear again, like I did the cropping all wrong. So I stopped, went back to cropping, repaired it and left the AR as it was.

The compressibility test gave me 40%. Because I'm not gonna increase the size of the rip (746 MB is good enough), I wouldn't know what to do to make the percentage higher. So I just left it at 40%.

What if this rip is not good? Can I reload the .d2v? I once tried that and GK crashed on it. That seems to be because the first job was wrong somehow (the 4 samples), the second time it reloaded and I could change settings and run a new compressibility test.

The new compressibility test gave me 40.9%. I saved the .avs (or the .d2v, I keep confusing these two) over and over again, after any change.

I don't get this (line from logbox in Encoder):
23:21:35: Audio 1, disabled, no recalc. - you probably want to add this track later.

OK, after the night passed by, the results are poor in my opinion. IScreens are below, I think the image could be sharper and the sound is a bit hollow. I noticed that, while watching the DVD, the sound is a bit hollow at certain points in the movie, so maybe it's not the case for the entire rip.
I'm also surprised by the size: it came out in two ways: one file is 618 MB but doesn't have any sound, another file is 878 MB and has sound. This while I set the size to be 746 MB.

Comparison shots:

This is from one of the VOBs:

And this is from the avi:

Last edited by Slayer on Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:22 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
40% is a very poor compressibility results, you should reduce the resolution if you do not wish to increase the size :)

I would suggest, regarding your audio, you have a look at the audio tab and make sure you select vbr for audio track 1 in the drop down box and add the bitrate into the calculation (128 kb/s). Then on the save and encode screen, make sure you go to the audio 1 tab and make sure audio is enabled and you've entered vbr and 128.

Sounds like:
you have terrible compressibility
your audio settings might be knackered
you need to adjust your xvid settings to combat the problems

I would reduce your resolution or increase the size, recheck your audio settings and make sure the calculations are all correct and then read this:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=92046
and this
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=91665

That will prevent oversizing/undersizing.

As for sharpening try LimitedSharpenFaster. What matrix are you using? For low compressibility, i like jawors 1cd.

edit: your post seems to have changed signficantly :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:34 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
spudthedestroyer wrote:
40% is a very poor compressibility results, you should reduce the resolution if you do not wish to increase the size :)

Ah, thanks. Didn't know that ;) What's smart for reducing? I know the DVD is 640x480, so I kept it like that in the rip. What resolution should I use instead? I'm a total n00b at this, so any help is appreciated.

Quote:
I would suggest, regarding your audio, you have a look at the audio tab and make sure you select vbr for audio track 1 in the drop down box and add the bitrate into the calculation (128 kb/s). Then on the save and encode screen, make sure you go to the audio 1 tab and make sure audio is enabled and you've entered vbr and 128.

You mean in the 'Interleaving & Audio Overhead' box? There I can select vbr, but how should I enter the bitrate? Or do I do that in the Audio A box?

Quote:
Sounds like:
you have terrible compressibility

Don't know how to battle that.

Quote:
your audio settings might be knackered

Learned something about that just now.

Quote:
you need to adjust your xvid settings to combat the problems

Again, I don't know the solution.

Quote:
As for sharpening try LimitedSharpenFaster. What matrix are you using? For low compressibility, i like jawors 1cd.

Never heard of any matrix (apart from that Keanu movie, LOL). I just used GK, because this was my first go at it. Please don't overfill my brain, because it is having vacation. One step at a time please :hang:

Quote:
edit: your post seems to have changed signficantly :lol:

Yup, I decided to post the pics immediately and then saw some typos. Yours changed too, btw :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:42 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
Quote:
I know the DVD is 640x480,

DVDs are usually not 640x480, they are 720. That's part of the DVD standard and native tv resolution.

Reduce the resolution until your compressibility reaches at least 60%. Never go under 512x for WS or 480x for 4:3. Personally, i try not to go under the high 5xx in this day and age

Quote:
Again, I don't know the solution.

I provided two links with solutions that describes what you need to change :)

Read them and apply the settings. If your not sure where to find the settings, xvid settings are on the save and encode menu when you click on video. You will see two buttons, one for the first pass xvid settings and one for the second pass. They have to match.