Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:07 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
slasherman wrote:
MCMLXXXVIII wrote:

Since it's 704x304 presumably you went for 1/3 of a DVD?

I have not decided yet....this is just pictures from the comptest...do you think I should do that ?

What soundtrack does it have? If it's just stereo then I'd rip it with an MP3 track of 128k VBR or so and make the filesize 744 MB, but maybe lower the res a bit. Are you still using AutoGK? Does it show bits per pixel? If that value is showing red then you'll need to lower the res a notch.

If it has 5.1 sound then you could do it as AC3 at 1.45 GB and 704x304 (or maybe a little higher), which means encoding the video and adding the soundtrack in as is (muxing). Point it at the AC3 file itself and it'll know to spare that much size for the audio when encoding the video.

Once again, I don't use AutoGK so I don't know how much control you have over these options, but hopefully this'll point you in the right direction. Fiddle with it, see what you get, then fiddle some more. You'll get better with each rip.:wink:

Plus, you should take into account your upload bandwidth for sharing. If it is small it may be better to go for 1/6 of a DVD.

Last Release: The Food of the Gods (1976)
NZB: download/file.php?id=436

Coming Soon: Cat's Eye, The Uncanny, Food of the Gods 2, The Devil's Men, Studio 666.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:13 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
AR looks pretty good :beerchug:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:18 pm  Post subject:

Will Tear Your Soul Apart
MCMLXXXVIII wrote:

What soundtrack does it have? If it's just stereo then I'd rip it with an MP3 track of 128k VBR or so and make the filesize 744 MB, but maybe lower the res a bit. Are you still using AutoGK? Does it show bits per pixel? If that value is showing red then you'll need to lower the res a notch.

If it has 5.1 sound then you could do it as AC3 at 1.45 GB and 704x304 (or maybe a little higher), which means encoding the video and adding the soundtrack in as is (muxing). Point it at the AC3 file itself and it'll know to spare that much size for the audio when encoding the video.

dont remember cause i have delivered the video back to the rent store...but it doesnt matter if I use MP3 track of 128k even though maybe it was 5.1 sound ? ...Think I go for 744mb with a litlle less resolution...it has a very cool soundtrack by Alan Silvestri (the guy behind the Predator music)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:31 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
The best way to get the AR correct is to find a point in the film with something round in it, like a car wheel or the sun/moon or a dartboard. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:31 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
slasherman wrote:
dont remember cause i have delivered the video back to the rent store...but it doesnt matter if I use MP3 track of 128k even though maybe it was 5.1 sound ? ...Think I go for 744mb with a litlle less resolution...it has a very cool soundtrack by Alan Silvestri (the guy behind the Predator music)

Encoding a 5.1 track as an MP3 is fine if that's what you choose to do.

Looking here shows that only the Dutch DVD has a 5.1 soundtrack, so your DVD probably was just stereo anyway.

Last Release: The Food of the Gods (1976)
NZB: download/file.php?id=436

Coming Soon: Cat's Eye, The Uncanny, Food of the Gods 2, The Devil's Men, Studio 666.