Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:41 pm  Post subject: Stats File Not Found (VDUB MOD)

The Ancient One
Everything has been cooking on gas for months with 2 pass xvid encodes in vdub mod until tonight. All I've done is clean up the C drive ready for the new hardware tomorrow & moved everything onto a different drive.
Since I did this, everytime it comes to the 2nd pass it gives the above error. :wacky:
I've moved vdubmod back to C & tried running it from there & still the same problem. :(

Any ideas how to get round this ?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:33 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
sorry, i've been away and this one is an easy answer.

Go into gknot, and reset your codec settings and delete the registry keys. There's a couple of buttons to do this.

Basically, xvid second pass stats location is messed up and not pointing to where the first pass is looking. You can fix it manually, but its easier to blat the registry and reconfigure the codec.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:00 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
I did think about doing that but thought that there must be a way to do it without using gknot.

The new hardwares in now & a fresh xp 64bit install & everythings running fine again :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:05 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
why not vista 64? exact same problems as vista exist if you choose 64 (lack of drivers) and you get a lesser OS with XP... seems like an odd choice for a new system.

i've found all of the vista bashing is pretty unfounded really; mac and nix fanboys whining about no1 compiling kernals and what not :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:25 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
Thats the next project. Just wanted to test the hardware with a familiar OS first. I've got the Vista Ultimate x64 you mentioned ready to install later in the week :wink:

Another thought: I wonder how many people with 64bit cpus have actually tried a 64bit OS ?
I installed x64 XP a coupla years ago & had the lack of drivers problem you mentioned, eventually having to replace unsupported hardware with new bits. :matrix:
Its definately a lot faster than 32 bit as I've always dual booted the 2 as I've a few old games that wont install on x64