Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:30 am  Post subject: does anyone have edwatch?

Skull Full Of Maggots
Does anyone have a stable version of edwatch? I had a good version before but had to reformat my drive and stupidly forgot to make a copy (or at least take note of the version) and now every other edwatch I download doesn't seem to work correctly. I'm constantly having to refresh the folder from configuration menu in order to get the files to show up or if I click on a black part for a static view it won't show up or I get an error saying that the codec isn't supported. I have all codecs installed so I have no idea why it would say that. The current version I just downloaded is 1.5.7 build 367. And that version does everything I said above. Does someone maybe have an earlier version I could get from them. I see a lot of test versions on emule also, but I'm not sure if they're any good. I tried the one from the emule site itself but that one gave me the same type of errors as the one I have installed.

I like being able to do a static preview of the avi files I download that way I know what I'm getting for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:47 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
You can use VideoLAN to preview files too. They don't have to be complete. Just drag your .part file onto it. But you must have at least downloaded the header (~ first chunk) of the file to be able to do so.

Moving manually forward or backward in the file may not work if you don't have the last chunk of the file.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:55 pm  Post subject:

Skull Full Of Maggots
elchupacabra wrote:
You can use VideoLAN to preview files too. They don't have to be complete. Just drag your .part file onto it. But you must have at least downloaded the header (~ first chunk) of the file to be able to do so.

Moving manually forward or backward in the file may not work if you don't have the last chunk of the file.

Not for files that don't have the beginning or ending. That's why I've always used edwatch. It brings up a still no matter what part of the file it is.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:17 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
I just rename the .part into a .avi and then I can play it in Media Player Classic. I just scroll to and forth until I find a part that's working.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:51 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
I've tried this edWatch (what does it stand for?) progie and it works for me:

1. Downloaded edWatch via eMule:
ed2k: Edwatch%201.5.9.1068%20(Avi%20Mpeg%20Preview%20Utility%20For%20Edonkey%20-%20Gui%...0Avipreview).zip  [322.8 Kb] [Stats]

2. Downloaded AviPreview from here:
http://www.funkster.org/
(In the left frame goto "Software"->"AviPreview". There is a link highlighted inside the text in the right frame.)

3. Setup the tools as written here:
http://www.overnet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1713
(It's in German. Translate it with http://babelfish.altavista.com if necessary.)

After that it worked for me. The advantage of this method is that edWatch creates an AVI or MPEG video file that only contains the parts that you have already downloaded. No need of scrolling around to find valid video data.