Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:08 am  Post subject: Problems With Emule Downloading

Skull Full Of Maggots
OK so I've never had a problem with downloading a movie with emule before, but recently it just hasn't been working. The files stay red and never start downloading. I know that some files take a while to get started, but the ones I'm trying to download are brand new (Automaton Transfusion, April Fools Day) and should have no problem connecting.

I have the latest emule version. I even re-installed it and added a new serve list. I have no problems connecting to a server, it's just that the files don't start downloading.

Anybody know of anything that could be wrong?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:11 am  Post subject: Re: Problems With Emule Downloading

The Ancient One
Look in the bottom right corner of your client. You will see a rather crappy image of the world with 2 arrors on it. Both arrows should be green. If they aren't its usually because your ports arent open. :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:29 pm  Post subject: Re: Problems With Emule Downloading

The Devil, Probably
Look at the entries in your download list. How many sources do you see for the file? Can you double click it and does it open a list with sources?
If the bar stays red it means you have no (useful) source for the file. This may be because you are not connected to the ED2K network or you have a low ID...

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:59 am  Post subject: Re: Problems With Emule Downloading

Skull Full Of Maggots
Hmmm, connecting to the KAD network seems to have done the trick.

Thanks for the replies guys. It's appreciated. :beerchug: