Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:43 pm  Post subject: Resuming downloads after they stopped because of a full HDD

The Ancient One
When the HDD where my eMule downloads come in becomes full, the downloads will stop automatically. Then I have to make some room on the HDD. Can I just select "Resume" after I have done that, or do I need to do something else?

Kind of a dumb question maybe, but I'd hate to see that I missed something obvious. Right now there's like 100 downloads coming in and I know I don't have space for them all (yet).

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:07 pm  Post subject: Re: Resuming downloads after they stopped because of a full HDD

The Ancient One
Just resume and you're good to go. :)

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 3:50 pm  Post subject: Re: Resuming downloads after they stopped because of a full HDD

Site Admin
hehe.. yes, it is kind of a dumb question :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:27 pm  Post subject: Re: Resuming downloads after they stopped because of a full HDD

The Ancient One
No, the only question which is dumb, is the question one has and doesn't ask :P

My mind is on standby, as I'm having a three week holiday. So I'm not very sharp these days (I also released something with a bad AR yesterday, remember?).

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:37 pm  Post subject: Re: Resuming downloads after they stopped because of a full HDD

Demon Of The Abyss
No you didn't..

I think you are losing it bud!

Better go talk to a shrink. :googley:

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:49 pm  Post subject: Re: Resuming downloads after they stopped because of a full HDD

The Ancient One
Hehe, next time you're gonna tell me that you guys all aren't real etc. LOL

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:56 pm  Post subject: Re: Resuming downloads after they stopped because of a full HDD

Site Admin
Slayer wrote:
Hehe, next time you're gonna tell me that you guys all aren't real etc. LOL

I have to warn that DVDShrink thinks everyone is highly pixelated...

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:01 pm  Post subject: Re: Resuming downloads after they stopped because of a full HDD

The Ancient One
Who/what is DVDShrink?

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 7:12 pm  Post subject: Re: Resuming downloads after they stopped because of a full HDD

The Ancient One
:google: <- first time I used this smiley I think :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:07 pm  Post subject: Re: Resuming downloads after they stopped because of a full HDD

The Ancient One
Yes, I know I can use the Korean devil machine, but I'm lazy, especially when it comes to stuff that doesn't interest me the most. I already know now, btw.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:24 pm  Post subject: Re: Resuming downloads after they stopped because of a full HDD

The Devil, Probably
Yup, just resume the downloads. I do it the same way all the time and everything works fine.
Btw. there are dumb questions, but it's always better to ask if you are not sure about something. This way we get to rethink the topic and maybe even learn something new. :wink:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:50 pm  Post subject: Re: Resuming downloads after they stopped because of a full HDD

The Ancient One
Tell me about it: I'm a teacher ;)

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:37 pm  Post subject: Re: Resuming downloads after they stopped because of a full HDD

The Devil, Probably
Well, if someone asks you a question you should try to explain it so that he actually understands everything you tell him. If you really try to achieve this you have to rethink the subject of matter. This may result in a) you find out that you are not sure about some points thus giving you a hint that you might want to review them or b) you know things exactly and this recapitulation helped your brain to refresh the information leading to a higher chance of you remembering the information (based on your explanation) in the future.

As for this topic there is nothing more to do for you, but to right click the download and select "Resume" (and hope that there is enough free space left on your HD). :mrgreen:

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:39 pm  Post subject: Re: Resuming downloads after they stopped because of a full HDD

The Ancient One
Hehe, like I said: tell me about it... :mrgreen: I think there was some linguistic misunderstanding here :)

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:05 pm  Post subject: Re: Resuming downloads after they stopped because of a full HDD

The Devil, Probably
Slayer wrote:
Hehe, like I said: tell me about it... :mrgreen: I think there was some linguistic misunderstanding here :)

What is "it"? :roll:

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:57 pm  Post subject: Re: Resuming downloads after they stopped because of a full HDD

The Ancient One
This is "it":

RedVeil wrote:
Btw. there are dumb questions, but it's always better to ask if you are not sure about something. This way we get to rethink the topic and maybe even learn something new. :wink:

It was exactly what I meant in my post above, so I said "Tell me about it" in a proverbial way. I didn't ask you to tell me about it literally, as I already knew ;)

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:43 pm  Post subject: Re: Resuming downloads after they stopped because of a full HDD

Site Admin
wait, so we just click resume to resume? damn.. i've been hitting cancel :googley:

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Resuming downloads after they stopped because of a full HDD

The Ancient One
See? It was a useful question after all :wink: :wacky: