Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:27 pm  Post subject: Burning with Nero audio CD : quality ?

Skull Full Of Maggots
Greetings,

I have a question regarding the CD Audio option of Nero. If I choose to put lossy sources (like MP3) to be burn as an audio cd, would those sources become better ?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help :D

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:51 pm  Post subject: Re: Burning with Nero audio CD : quality ?

The Ancient One
I'd say, burn a disc and listen to it. One disc is not too much for this interesting experiment of trial and error, now is it?

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:21 pm  Post subject: Re: Burning with Nero audio CD : quality ?

The Ancient One
I think I don't understand. Do you ask if the quality is improved when burning mp3 files as an audio CD? :o

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:38 pm  Post subject: Re: Burning with Nero audio CD : quality ?

The Ancient One
Yes, I think he does. And I think it won't work.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:23 pm  Post subject: Re: Burning with Nero audio CD : quality ?

Skull Full Of Maggots
Yes, sorry if my question may sounds stupid but I was wondering that because the size of the files has been X5 (more or less) when burned into CD Audio. As MP3 files they were around 140MO, but when I burned them as CD Audio they take up almost all the space of the CD. I'm not a technical man, so if anybody could explain me a little bit, I'll be grateful.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:12 am  Post subject: Re: Burning with Nero audio CD : quality ?

The Ancient One
That probably won't work. If you convert to mp3 frequencies that mankind can't hear are deleted from the audio.

There is however an MP3 codec called MP3-PRO I think that stores information in the mp3 file allowing other programs to recover those frequencies. If your mp3 files are encoded with such a codec and Nero is capable of reconstructing it might work. I'm not deep enough into Nero to help with this. I doubt it will work though.

Edit: I found this for you: http://www.mp3prozone.com/basics.htm :) Looks like you only have to find out whether Nero supports MP3PRO and of course, whether your files are encoded with the MP3PRO codec.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:20 pm  Post subject: Re: Burning with Nero audio CD : quality ?

The Ancient One
Once something is encoded at a lower quality whatever is removed is gone forever, no matter what you do with the file.

This goes for audio or video.

The exception is lossless audio formats like FLAC, APE and WAVPACK. They reduce the filesize but keep the quality, and can be decoded back to the original WAV file with no change.

So basically, mp3 files burnt to an audio CD will only sound as good as the mp3s do. It's only a bigger size because Nero converts them to CDA for burning.

Last Release: The Food of the Gods (1976)
NZB: download/file.php?id=436

Coming Soon: Cat's Eye, The Uncanny, Food of the Gods 2, The Devil's Men, Studio 666.

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:04 am  Post subject: Re: Burning with Nero audio CD : quality ?

The Devil, Probably
I totally agree to what 1988 said above. :)

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:31 am  Post subject: Re: Burning with Nero audio CD : quality ?

Skull Full Of Maggots
Thanks for your help and answers ! There's therefore no real need for me to burn them into CD audio then...

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:36 am  Post subject: Re: Burning with Nero audio CD : quality ?

The Practice Girl
Location: Back in the glistening folds of Barbara Bush's Twat
Not if you have a mp3 player or something like that.MP3's of course won't work on a normal cd player unless it has that capability..which is becoming more the more the norm.Like my car stereo..I am forced to burn audio cd's until I get me a decent deck for my car. :)

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:46 am  Post subject: Re: Burning with Nero audio CD : quality ?

The Devil, Probably
I recently bought myself a MNC Syntax Phase II car audio hifi. It seems like it sometimes has difficulties receiving radio waves properly... which sucks hard. But it can playback MP3 CDs and has an integrated USB/SMC car reader - which is good. :D

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:01 pm  Post subject: Re: Burning with Nero audio CD : quality ?

Will Tear Your Soul Apart
You cant just pull data from nowhere to make it better quality.

if you were to convert an mp3 (lossy) to flac (lossless) the files would sound the same.