Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:30 pm  Post subject: Divx Hickups

The Practice Girl
Location: Back in the glistening folds of Barbara Bush's Twat
This is very strange to me...I installed a new mobo the other week and now for some reason unknown to me when I watch a divx on my comp it will hickup about 45 minutes into the movie..makign the audio kind of scramble to sync with the video that seems to be going a 1.5 speed.Never had this problem before with anything Ever.It isn't ram and it ain't video card..and its not the movies themselves.I can fix it by hitting pause or backsteping but that gets lame at 4:00 in the morning lying in bed and having to go into my lair and fix it..any ideas folks?
Mobo is an MSI Nforce chipset with 524 ram and running at 1.6ghz with an MSI TI 4600 video card with 128 of ram...using the onboard audio..which is basically the only thing I really have not checked into at this point...I figure if anybody could come up with some fix its it would be one of my brethren from here.Everythign else works fine..this is my only flubber that has seemingly eluded me and its pissing me off. :x

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:19 pm  Post subject: Re: Divx Hickups

The Devil, Probably
DxaKrator wrote:
... having to go into my lair...

Dxa-lair :D

Damn, don't that suck. Only thing I can think of is drivers (any updates available?). Reformat? All players do it? (WMP, Zoomplayer, VCL, ect) DVD (silver) does it?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:24 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
Desperate eh ?

So it may not be the video card itself , but maybe it's drivers do...

I trust you have tried putting back your old card in ? no effect ?

Honestly...these things are hard to tell for us to tell this way...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:03 pm  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
The vid card is what I have been using for about a year and a half..all i really did was swap motherboards around with my wifes.I installed the latest nvidia drivers(I never install from the disc).I never had that problem ever with the video card on my ecs motherboard.This is frustrating :|

@Kart
LOL @ DxaLair
Yeah I got my little room that I toil in,Soem call it a den but I prefer to think of it as my lair..it is where all my dirty little habbits go.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:07 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
Have you checked your hard disk? If something is wrong with the IDE-bus it might cause such problems. You hd is in DMA (UDMA) mode?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:42 pm  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
Yep.All drives are set to DMA and its been scandisked and defragged and then speeddisked from Nortons...it ain't the HD..I am currently going to try 2 things, I downloaded this little prog called reclock and is supposed to fix synch errors,if that is indeed the problem.The next thing I am grabbing is something called TVTool which specializes apperently in some of these Gforce TV-out problems.I will keep you posted on how these go.Thanks for reading and trying to help guys :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 1:59 am  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
I have a similar mb (asus A7N8X v2.0) and no such problems..

The asus driver is actually newer than the nvidia one (despite lower vesion number), and asus made some changes to the southbridge which the nvidia driver doesn't support. Maybe MSI did something similar or have a newer driver than nvidia?

Have you checked the powersaving options? Harddrive that goes to sleep or something?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:25 am  Post subject:

Mummified In Barbed Wire
Death wrote:
Have you checked the powersaving options? Harddrive that goes to sleep or something?

That's what I was thinking. Check your Power options, and make sure 'turn off hard disks' is set to 'Never'

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:38 am  Post subject:

The Practice Girl
That is one of the first things I do when I put up a new system is to set all my powersaving options to never since I constantly have my comp on.Looks like the reclock fixed it though...watched a few movies and it got out of sync one time but was not like before..it was a few seconds behind the video and I just paused it and it worked fine after that.So still a bit of a problem but nothing like before :) Lots of options in that reclock and a big assed readme file so I might just need to tic some settings for it to work 100%.Thanks again guys :mrgreen: