Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:33 am  Post subject: How to crack a wep key from windows?

Site Admin
I know you can crack a wep key using a variety of linux tools and several laptops, but I only have a single Windows Vista machine at my disposal atm. My wireless card is a Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AG.

Is it possible, preferably using a easy to configure tool, to crack a WEP key using a single laptop running vista?

I'd prefer not to have to compile up my own drivers, etc. I can but if there's an easy way, that would be great.

I was reading this but couldn't find the appropriate tools:
http://helektron.com/2007/03/15/como-sa ... nt-page-2/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:29 am  Post subject: Re: How to crack a wep key from windows?

The Ancient One
Aircrack-ng is available for Windows too: http://wirelessdefence.org/Contents/Air ... inMain.htm

I don't know how easy to use that tool is. I once used it with nUbuntu and it was pretty easy that way. I hope it works. :)

Edit:

Quote:
NOTE: Only a relatively small number of Wireless cards are supported under the Windows version of Aircrack-ng . See the Project Homepages compatibility list for full details.

(...)

IMPORTANT Information Regarding Windows Version IMPORTANT
The windows version requires you to develop your own DLLs to link aircrack-ng to your wireless card. The required DLLs are not provided in the download nor available anywhere on the Internet. Without these DLLs, the windows version will not function. Do NOT post questions or problems to the forum regarding the windows version. At present, there is no support provided.

Edit#2: Why don't you just use nUbuntu. That comes as a live CD and you can crack WEPs without installing it. I'd recommand that. Back when I tried it, I wouldn't have to install anything (drivers for example): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NUbuntu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:46 pm  Post subject: Re: How to crack a wep key from windows?

The Devil, Probably
I can only add the info that you will definitely need a tool for this. Cracking by hand is not possible.
Attacks are based on generated packets with a statistical high chance of cracking the WEP key.

Why would you want to do this btw. ? :wink:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:09 pm  Post subject: Re: How to crack a wep key from windows?

Site Admin
cos it takes telefonica months to install a line and setup adsl, and sometimes my 3g card conks out. The WLAN_CC i can see is taunting me.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:39 pm  Post subject: Re: How to crack a wep key from windows?

The Ancient One
LOL you naughty little monkey.