Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:29 am  Post subject: Fixing lowid ~ Dont get it.

Skull Full Of Maggots
The majority of servers I cannot connect to because I have a lowid? How do I fix this? I read that it has to do with a router/hub, but to be honest I have absoloutly no idea how to configure/work with a router/hub.

In layman's terms, what do I need to do to get past this lowid problem?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:48 am  Post subject: Re: Fixing lowid ~ Dont get it.

Site Admin
You are firewalled (most likely) or throttled by your isp

To fix lowid problems you need to make sure your route is clear and any firewalls have the appropriate port exceptions:
http://www.dead-donkey.com/modules/faq/ ... n=emule#14

Check your windows firewall, any security software, and your router.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:06 am  Post subject: Re: Fixing lowid ~ Dont get it.

Skull Full Of Maggots
Right, I have completely disabled my firewall.
The problem is... like you said with a router, I have no idea how to go about disabling, re-routing, or even understanding a router.

Im going to go check out that link now, but Im pretty sure thats the one I read thouroughly already. Im just.... appliance-retarded.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:33 am  Post subject: Re: Fixing lowid ~ Dont get it.

The Devil, Probably
Search for something regarding "port" or "ports" on you router. Check the number in your eMule client and "open the port" on the router using it's website interface that you most likely can access through you browser by entering its IP address.

Tell me if something is unclear.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:46 am  Post subject: Re: Fixing lowid ~ Dont get it.

The Ancient One
Wow, look at this. There is even a guide by router and application: http://www.portforward.com/english/rout ... rindex.htm

What you need to do is port forwarding. Write down the two ports (1 TCP and 1 UDP) used by eMule and follow the guides. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:29 pm  Post subject: Re: Fixing lowid ~ Dont get it.

The Ancient One
I'm noy sure if it's gonna be helpful, but on my router it is categorised under "Advanced setup-->NAT->Virtual servers".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:17 pm  Post subject: Re: Fixing lowid ~ Dont get it.

Skull Full Of Maggots
I think I have it working now. I mean, Im still online and my computer is running. Hopefully thats a positive sign heh.
Thanks for the help.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:23 pm  Post subject: Re: Fixing lowid ~ Dont get it.

The Devil, Probably
Look at this image and tell us whether the globe in your mule has two green arrows around it too:
http://win.eurohub.free.fr/tuto/emule/emule3.jpg

If yes, you are fine.

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Fixing lowid ~ Dont get it.

Skull Full Of Maggots
Actually no, they are yellow.
However whatever I did do... that apperently wasnt correct.. took me from 6-10kb' per second to 20-40 kb' per second.

I'm pleased with the faster transfer's as is. But if I can get even faster.... I'll have to keep working on it.

I opened the port's on my router and made sure my Firewall was turned off. Spud mentioned that it could be my ISP throttleing me and I have no idea how that can be fixed... if thats the only problem left to solve.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:08 pm  Post subject: Re: Fixing lowid ~ Dont get it.

The Ancient One
You can't solve your ISP throttling you. But since you still have a low ID, you CAN fix that! The port numbers you opened must correspond with the ones you entered in the Options-> Connection tab. If you have done that, try restarting the router and the PC, that works for me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:17 pm  Post subject: Re: Fixing lowid ~ Dont get it.

The Ancient One
Ahunt5714 wrote:
Spud mentioned that it could be my ISP throttleing me and I have no idea how that can be fixed... if thats the only problem left to solve.

You could try changing the ports. Some ISPs block/throttle eMule default ports.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:55 pm  Post subject: Re: Fixing lowid ~ Dont get it.

The Devil, Probably
If nothing help try a port number < 1024. :mrgreen: I am curious if that works.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:46 am  Post subject: Re: Fixing lowid ~ Dont get it.

Skull Full Of Maggots
You want to Guenei-pig me?
I sure as hell can not spell that word. Ever. Never have been able to.
Anyhow, Ill try it out in the morning. Almost midnight here and work has drained me of any fortitude I would otherwise have.

Ill let you know what low port numbers do.