Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 6:44 am  Post subject: corruption found in... error

Blood Sucking Freak
I am using Overnet.
My computer just crashed.

I started my client back up and everything in my transfer list is saying that it's corrupted.

Anyone... help?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:58 am  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
It's normal with eMule that your downloads become corrupted after a crash. In eMule you just let them rehash and everything's ok, don't know about Overnet. If they remain corrupted, try using DonkeyDoctor to repair them use search on this board to find relevant threads.

And start using eMule! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:23 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
Wish it was that easy. Believe it or not, I once had a corruption which stuck to the data file. I really don't know how this is possible. I downloaded a certain file for weeks and got always corruptions at one place. I deleted every bit of the meta-data to this file, i.e. the list of chunks which are already downloaded, all sources, all filenames. I really had only the raw file. When I rehashed this one the corruption appeared at the same place. I repeated this several times. Only when I deleted the file itself and re-downloaded it from the start, it completed without problems. I kept the old file for a while. Whenever I tried to download this one, even in a new mldonkey version with totally new configuration and which never even saw the old data before, the corruption appeared at the same place. Weird?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:11 am  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
wargand wrote:
Weird?

Weird indeed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:50 pm  Post subject:
a member of the recently deceased

a member of the recently deceased
Location: Hell ___________________________ ------ Horror Dealer ------
wargand wrote:
Wish it was that easy. Believe it or not, I once had a corruption which stuck to the data file. I really don't know how this is possible. I downloaded a certain file for weeks and got always corruptions at one place. I deleted every bit of the meta-data to this file, i.e. the list of chunks which are already downloaded, all sources, all filenames. I really had only the raw file. When I rehashed this one the corruption appeared at the same place. I repeated this several times. Only when I deleted the file itself and re-downloaded it from the start, it completed without problems. I kept the old file for a while. Whenever I tried to download this one, even in a new mldonkey version with totally new configuration and which never even saw the old data before, the corruption appeared at the same place. Weird?

Happened to me alot with LSD MOD.