Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:59 pm  Post subject: please help: emule transfer status = "waiting"
Request Territory

Request Territory
Hi, I just downloaded and instlaled e-mule. It successfully connects to the network. I'm trying four different downloads. Each one shows multiple sources but the status on all of them says "waiting." What does this mean? What are they all waiting for? Downloaded 0 bytes on all so far.

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:53 am  Post subject: Re: please help: emule transfer status = "waiting"

The Ancient One
It means that you have to wait.

Other people want to download the file too. If 100 people want to download and all download at the same time, that would the use the whole upload bandwith of the user sharing the file. So there is something like a queue between the user sharing the file and the people that want to download it. You get into the end of the queue when you start the program. You have to wait until you pentrate through the queue and can finally download the file.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:25 am  Post subject: Re: please help: emule transfer status = "waiting"

Skull Full Of Maggots
Hey, I was gonna ask that very question!!! Thanks for the answer, now I don't have to stare blindly at the screen anymore! :lol: :rock:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:29 am  Post subject: Re: please help: emule transfer status = "waiting"

The Devil, Probably
So how many threads do you think are about this same subject?