Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:00 am  Post subject: Anyone ever download anything here??..

Skull Full Of Maggots
Hello peoples! I have had this account I think for 5 days now, and in those 5 days, I have been able to download 9.31 mb of a movie file...out of 6 movies...!!! Does this site actually work, or ?...I did read a post reply from someone who mentioned something about waiting to get into the queue list, as other people are downloading, and you have to 'wait' your turn...well, what about when you have 6 or 7 sources, and still nothing happening?? If I have to wait any longer, I'll be getting my old age pension....I've already started growing 2 inch long eyebrow hairs..... :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:41 am  Post subject: Re: Anyone ever download anything here??..

The Devil, Probably
Emule is a different beast. Waiting is more than normal, I think theres a thread here where we say how we waited a year or more for a file to complete. And also, this site isn't like a torrent tracker, those files are out there and members here may help provide, reshare, or otherwise document the files. If its a rare movie, that may well be a looooooong time. Have faith though! Many files waited for actually do complete!

If you have a specific file that is unsourced, "no seeds" or maybe one full copy, you can ask for a reshare here in the proper forum and maybe if you are lucky someone with a faster connection can focus some bandwidth to get you that file. Emule shared files are known for their availability's longevity not for the speed at which you can grab'em!

And hey while your waiting, post some stuff one here! :beerchug:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:48 pm  Post subject: Re: Anyone ever download anything here??..

The Ancient One
GrindCallus wrote:
I think theres a thread here where we say how we waited a year or more for a file to complete.
I can't find that thread now, so I'll post it in here: I have a new record! Today I completed a 348.93 MB file after 473 days!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:50 pm  Post subject: Re: Anyone ever download anything here??..

Site Admin
That's a good question, the emule network is very dated now.

The best approach is to queue up GB and GB of data and just go and do something else. Last time I was running mldonkey and it just wouldn't budge, but before that I was running a mule mod and that was shifting GB a day. Unfortunately not in the same day. This is both a curse and a blessing, because it means leeching and hit and run is quite difficult, on the flip side if you need something zero day its just not going to get that to you and similarly it will consume a lot of disk space.

Now, I currently do not use emule and download almost exclusively off of newsgroups which is entirely the opposite and by far the best way to download content. Unfortunately we are very slim on providing content on that front :(

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:52 pm  Post subject: Re: Anyone ever download anything here??..

The Ancient One
spudthedestroyer wrote:
That's a good question, the emule network is very dated now.
Your reply is dated too, checking the dates can help ;)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:31 pm  Post subject: Re: Anyone ever download anything here??..

The Ancient One
Everyone staring a topic like this on an ed2k forum should be required to donate. We'd never have hosting cost problems again. :twisted: