Why not register?


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:52 am  Post subject: Rule on Torrents that came from closed trackers?
Offline

Buried In The Backyard
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:56 am
Posts: 25
I have been downloading the entire Dark Shadows series from 5 torrents that someone posted to an open tracker. But they are tagged as having come from Demonoid. I think that the Demonoid rule is to not re-post them on open trackers but I do not use Demonoid so I am not sure. So, is it OK to post them here, because they are now on open trackers?


Top
 Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:12 pm  Post subject: Re: Rule on Torrents that came from closed trackers?
User avatar
Offline

The Ancient One
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:07 pm
Posts: 3695
Location: Always one step behind
I don't think we care about closed trackers. Do we? :)


Top
 Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:30 pm  Post subject: Re: Rule on Torrents that came from closed trackers?
User avatar
Offline

The Ancient One
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:31 am
Posts: 3353
Location: Last house on the Right
If the files are from Demonoid and such a rule exists then It's probably not ok to post them here... But I allow it. :)


Top
 Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Rule on Torrents that came from closed trackers?
User avatar
Offline

The Devil, Probably
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:04 pm
Posts: 2497
Location: In the darkest spot of your soul.
Those asswipes block Germans and lie that they don't. So I don't care for 'demonoid rights'.


Top
 Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:12 pm  Post subject: Re: Rule on Torrents that came from closed trackers?
User avatar
Offline

Master Of The Dead Donkey
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:05 pm
Posts: 828
Location: England
Since when is Demonoid so great anyway? :mrgreen:

Share the wealth is my motto, or is it, share and share alike? Hmm, something like that.


Top
 Profile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:14 pm  Post subject: Re: Rule on Torrents that came from closed trackers?
User avatar
Offline

The Devil, Probably
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:04 pm
Posts: 2497
Location: In the darkest spot of your soul.
Avanze wrote:
Since when is Demonoid so great anyway? :mrgreen:


It is only great if you like comics.
All the other stuff you can easily find everywhere else.


Top
 Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:12 pm  Post subject: Re: Rule on Torrents that came from closed trackers?
Offline

Buried In The Backyard
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:56 am
Posts: 25
OK based on the reply's, I posted the torrents here: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=22381

I was only worried because I think we have some mods here from FH and CG that are friends of Spuds and so he might not want to 'violate' other private trackers. I am just overly paranoid.


Top
 Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:24 pm  Post subject: Re: Rule on Torrents that came from closed trackers?
User avatar
Offline

Site Admin
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2002 1:35 am
Posts: 19625
Location: En España
I don't have any friends. I pretty much exclusively use newsgroups so don't know what trackers get up to behind closed doors.
I'm sure we'll hear about something if we've made a social forepart.

@blocking germans, what a great idea... we should do that! :beerchug:

_________________
Mouse nipple for the win! Trackpoint or death!
Image


Top
 Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:25 pm  Post subject: Re: Rule on Torrents that came from closed trackers?
User avatar
Offline

The Devil, Probably
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:04 pm
Posts: 2497
Location: In the darkest spot of your soul.
spudthedestroyer wrote:
@blocking germans, what a great idea... we should do that! :beerchug:


I hate you. :matrix:


Top
 Profile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:04 pm  Post subject: Re: Rule on Torrents that came from closed trackers?
User avatar
Offline

Site Admin
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2002 1:35 am
Posts: 19625
Location: En España
wargand wrote:
spudthedestroyer wrote:
@blocking germans, what a great idea... we should do that! :beerchug:


I hate you. :matrix:


:shadey:

_________________
Mouse nipple for the win! Trackpoint or death!
Image


Top
 Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:53 pm  Post subject: Re: Rule on Torrents that came from closed trackers?
User avatar
Offline

Buried In The Backyard
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:48 am
Posts: 18
wargand wrote:
Avanze wrote:
Since when is Demonoid so great anyway? :mrgreen:


It is only great if you like comics.
All the other stuff you can easily find everywhere else.


I disagree, Demonoid has a great selection of exclusive and hard to find torrents. I strongly suggest that people add it to there main sites they search regularly for torrents. I'm not a Demonoid Fan Boy or anything it's just been a great addition to my main sites (ExtraTorrent, Pirate Bay, ISO Hunt). But to each there own, the bottom line is it wouldn't hurt to try it out for a few weeks and see if it suites you. Registration is kind of tricky/lame though because it is closed most of the time and only randomly opens to allow anyone to sign up otherwise you need an invite from a current member.


Top
 Profile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:02 pm  Post subject: Re: Rule on Torrents that came from closed trackers?
User avatar
Offline

Site Admin
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2002 1:35 am
Posts: 19625
Location: En España
sirnamemr wrote:
wargand wrote:
Avanze wrote:
Since when is Demonoid so great anyway? :mrgreen:


It is only great if you like comics.
All the other stuff you can easily find everywhere else.


I disagree, Demonoid has a great selection of exclusive and hard to find torrents. I strongly suggest that people add it to there main sites they search regularly for torrents. I'm not a Demonoid Fan Boy or anything it's just been a great addition to my main sites (ExtraTorrent, Pirate Bay, ISO Hunt). But to each there own, the bottom line is it wouldn't hurt to try it out for a few weeks and see if it suites you. Registration is kind of tricky/lame though because it is closed most of the time and only randomly opens to allow anyone to sign up otherwise you need an invite from a current member.


Its a shame that these releases don't make it to newsgroups; that's an awesome and super efficient way for uploaders to spread their wares; espcially now retention for nntp for binaries is over 1000 days.

_________________
Mouse nipple for the win! Trackpoint or death!
Image


Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Moderator: Help Mods

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Frontpage / Forums / Scifi


What's blood for, if not for shedding?