Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:52 am  Post subject: Rule on Torrents that came from closed trackers?

Buried In The Backyard
I have been downloading the entire Dark Shadows series from 5 torrents that someone posted to an open tracker. But they are tagged as having come from Demonoid. I think that the Demonoid rule is to not re-post them on open trackers but I do not use Demonoid so I am not sure. So, is it OK to post them here, because they are now on open trackers?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:12 pm  Post subject: Re: Rule on Torrents that came from closed trackers?

The Ancient One
I don't think we care about closed trackers. Do we? :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:30 pm  Post subject: Re: Rule on Torrents that came from closed trackers?

The Ancient One
If the files are from Demonoid and such a rule exists then It's probably not ok to post them here... But I allow it. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Rule on Torrents that came from closed trackers?

The Devil, Probably
Those asswipes block Germans and lie that they don't. So I don't care for 'demonoid rights'.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:12 pm  Post subject: Re: Rule on Torrents that came from closed trackers?

Master Of The Dead Donkey
Since when is Demonoid so great anyway? :mrgreen:

Share the wealth is my motto, or is it, share and share alike? Hmm, something like that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:14 pm  Post subject: Re: Rule on Torrents that came from closed trackers?

The Devil, Probably
Avanze wrote:

It is only great if you like comics.
All the other stuff you can easily find everywhere else.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:12 pm  Post subject: Re: Rule on Torrents that came from closed trackers?

Buried In The Backyard
OK based on the reply's, I posted the torrents here: viewtopic.php?f=48&t=22381

I was only worried because I think we have some mods here from FH and CG that are friends of Spuds and so he might not want to 'violate' other private trackers. I am just overly paranoid.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:24 pm  Post subject: Re: Rule on Torrents that came from closed trackers?

Site Admin
I don't have any friends. I pretty much exclusively use newsgroups so don't know what trackers get up to behind closed doors.
I'm sure we'll hear about something if we've made a social forepart.

@blocking germans, what a great idea... we should do that! :beerchug:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:25 pm  Post subject: Re: Rule on Torrents that came from closed trackers?

The Devil, Probably
spudthedestroyer wrote:

I hate you. :matrix:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:04 pm  Post subject: Re: Rule on Torrents that came from closed trackers?

Site Admin
wargand wrote:
spudthedestroyer wrote:

I hate you. :matrix:

:shadey:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:53 pm  Post subject: Re: Rule on Torrents that came from closed trackers?

Buried In The Backyard
wargand wrote:
Avanze wrote:

I disagree, Demonoid has a great selection of exclusive and hard to find torrents. I strongly suggest that people add it to there main sites they search regularly for torrents. I'm not a Demonoid Fan Boy or anything it's just been a great addition to my main sites (ExtraTorrent, Pirate Bay, ISO Hunt). But to each there own, the bottom line is it wouldn't hurt to try it out for a few weeks and see if it suites you. Registration is kind of tricky/lame though because it is closed most of the time and only randomly opens to allow anyone to sign up otherwise you need an invite from a current member.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:02 pm  Post subject: Re: Rule on Torrents that came from closed trackers?

Site Admin
sirnamemr wrote:
wargand wrote:
Avanze wrote:

I disagree, Demonoid has a great selection of exclusive and hard to find torrents. I strongly suggest that people add it to there main sites they search regularly for torrents. I'm not a Demonoid Fan Boy or anything it's just been a great addition to my main sites (ExtraTorrent, Pirate Bay, ISO Hunt). But to each there own, the bottom line is it wouldn't hurt to try it out for a few weeks and see if it suites you. Registration is kind of tricky/lame though because it is closed most of the time and only randomly opens to allow anyone to sign up otherwise you need an invite from a current member.

Its a shame that these releases don't make it to newsgroups; that's an awesome and super efficient way for uploaders to spread their wares; espcially now retention for nntp for binaries is over 1000 days.