Why not register?


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:28 pm  Post subject: Scripts to detect defects in video encodings
User avatar
Offline

Site Admin
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2002 1:35 am
Posts: 19625
Location: En España
I'm wondering if there were something like a set of scripts that i can run on a set of files that would output "bad cropping", "interlaced", etc.

Something in python would be ideal. Does anyone have anything like these?

_________________
Mouse nipple for the win! Trackpoint or death!
Image


Top
 Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:45 pm  Post subject: Re: Scripts to detect defects in video encodings
User avatar
Offline

Will Tear Your Soul Apart
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:59 pm
Posts: 627
spudthedestroyer wrote:
I'm wondering if there were something like a set of scripts that i can run on a set of files that would output "bad cropping", "interlaced", etc.

Something in python would be ideal. Does anyone have anything like these?



you don´t need a script just donwload the rips from trusted team and will be fine :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:36 pm  Post subject: Re: Scripts to detect defects in video encodings
User avatar
Offline

Site Admin
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2002 1:35 am
Posts: 19625
Location: En España
telmoMRC wrote:
spudthedestroyer wrote:
I'm wondering if there were something like a set of scripts that i can run on a set of files that would output "bad cropping", "interlaced", etc.

Something in python would be ideal. Does anyone have anything like these?



you don´t need a script just donwload the rips from trusted team and will be fine :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This is for automation and inventory, unfortunately there's not a mechanism to harness the power of the best members of this board for instant gratification :lol:
you might point it at a folder of 1000 films for example.

_________________
Mouse nipple for the win! Trackpoint or death!
Image


Top
 Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:40 pm  Post subject: Re: Scripts to detect defects in video encodings
User avatar
Offline

The Devil, Probably
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2003 1:04 pm
Posts: 2497
Location: In the darkest spot of your soul.
I really doubt that there is such a tool. I just wrote a program to make a mkv slideshow from a list of images using the x264 codec directly. I write the created x264 frames directly into a matroska container, which I write from scratch. So I know exactly what is in this container and what not. And what this container can contain and what not. I also have some lesser knowledge of the avi container. From the data in the container you cannot get any information about cropping or interlacing. At least not reliably. You would have to extract the raw frames and analyse them. Certainly not impossible, but damn hard to do. And much more profitable not to publish such a fine piece of work as open source for free. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:31 pm  Post subject: Re: Scripts to detect defects in video encodings
User avatar
Offline

Site Admin
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2002 1:35 am
Posts: 19625
Location: En España
Quote:
At least not reliably. You would have to extract the raw frames and analyse them. Certainly not impossible, but damn hard to do.


That was what I was hoping existed; bad cropping shouldn't be that bad - you'd probably have to convert it to edges and then check the extreme edges of the screen, analysing the same areas through out the film. Definitely hard though.


I was just thinking it would be neat to extract the stats and do a bit of analysis that marks up 'imperfect' rips as "to replace" in a movie collection app.

_________________
Mouse nipple for the win! Trackpoint or death!
Image


Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Moderator: Help Mods

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Frontpage / Forums / Scifi


What's blood for, if not for shedding?