Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:27 pm  Post subject: which emule?

Blood Sucking Freak
Hey all..
I'm very! new to the Emule community and this forum so i wondered if anyone could help me out with what emule-client to choose and settings and stuff like that.

And would also appreciate some help in learning how to release movies through Emule, i'm only used to FTP's and Direct Connect where i ripped for the GrimRippers (if anyone knows them), but not so much action these days on DC :(

Thanx in advance :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:22 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
hiya,
i got a lot of grimripper stuff. nice movies, i think everybody here likes them. there are a few other former crew types here, and some people here who release enough to be thier own crew. maybe we could start a gang.

its easy on emule, just put what u want to release in your shared folder, set its priority to 'release' or 'powershare' or 'high/highest'(depends on your emule version/mod) then post it's ed2k link in the appropriate section (dvd/vhs/vcd section), put the stats for the movie, i think there are templates in the rules portion of each section. that covers the basics. then sacrifice a chicken and rub cheetah blood on your modem to ensure speedy fortune, so the gods of the internet will look favorably.

'I thought it was obvious, you sillly girl.
I'm a monster. I do monstrous things.'

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 6:41 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
Hum... that didnt sound to hard.. :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 7:40 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
sivka-gnaddelwarz imo is the best.
http://www.emule-project.net

go to forums>mods>sivka>sivka-gnaddelwarz to download. If you go to the dead-donkey.com site FAQ there is a rough guide to setting it up right.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 8:57 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
Greatly appreciated! Thanks..

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:12 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
remember that's my opinion though. I've found that mod very easy on the system and I like the upload options (powersharing, really does do just that :) )

Download will stay pretty much the same with all versions.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 10:00 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
spudthedestroyer wrote:
sivka-gnaddelwarz imo is the best.
http://www.emule-project.net

go to forums>mods>sivka>sivka-gnaddelwarz to download. If you go to the dead-donkey.com site FAQ there is a rough guide to setting it up right.
I back this little baby too!

Gets my approval. All round rock solid 8)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 10:12 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
sivka all the way

<a href="https://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic.php?t=7143" target="_blank">Giallo Collection</a>

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 10:22 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
Maccie wrote:
Hum... that didnt sound to hard.. :)

yeah, catching the cheetah is easier then it looks, deep down they are little bitches. That crocodile hunter makes it look a lot more difficult than it is. stabbing them with the ceremonial dagger is the hard part. You got to get a running start, to catch them by surprise, and in a small computer room/office it's kind of troublesome, especially with the cheetah scrambling around and clawing and killing people.

'I thought it was obvious, you sillly girl.
I'm a monster. I do monstrous things.'

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:38 am  Post subject: Re: which emule?

Mod of the Living Dead
Maccie wrote:
Hey all..
I'm very! new to the Emule community and this forum so i wondered if anyone could help me out with what emule-client to choose and settings and stuff like that.

Heya :)
Can recommend the sivka mod also. Have been happy with it.
Using mule isn't that hard. Just needs some familiarizeing...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:38 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
Sivka or The Black Hand. The latter has best options. TBH V6 is very stable and has integrated Kademlia.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 11:48 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
Quote:
TBH V6 is very stable and has integrated Kademlia.

Disagree totally here --> instable as hell, high cpu and memory usage. That's why I didn't mention it as good starting point.

For new users my advice is to avoid mods like emule+ and BHM until you have the settings right

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:03 am  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
mIRC!

Just kidding. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:13 am  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
spudthedestroyer wrote:
remember that's my opinion though. I've found that mod very easy on the system and I like the upload options (powersharing, really does do just that :) )

Download will stay pretty much the same with all versions.
How does the powersharing in Sivka as compared to TBH? I am more concerned with uploading than downloading at the moment. I usually upload around 42kB/s total (which is about where I want to be), but I notice that since I upgraded to BHv6a earlier today, it hasn't been as steady (I'll go as low as 29kB/s for no apparent reason). Also, it has been giving slots to people requesting non-release/powershare priority files while I have requested release files in the queue, which completely defetes the purpose of setting a file to release/powershare.

Last edited by Addix on Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:24 am  Post subject:

Site Admin
ZZUL system, so it's steady as a rock (normally) and allows great control over your upload. I tailor mine towards small number of very fast uploads, and then increase it to more slots when something is pretty well spread :)

Try a second install and give it a whirl (remember not to run two at once though :mrgreen: ). That way BH won't be changed if you don't like sivka-gnaddelwarz

The main reason i was using BH was i thought it had ace category features, then i found out they all do :lol: oopsie :oops: I changed when the system resource usage was far too high to be justified, and then realised the features were in sivka (with a bit of looking :) )

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:45 am  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
I think I'll give it a try. I've also noticed, as you've already mentioned) that BH is a serious memory hog. The RAM usage seems to be ridiculously high (the CPU usage hasn't been too bad). I only have 184MB of RAM to begin with so I don't exactly have a lot to spare...especially for a program that shouldn't really be using that horribly much. Thanks!

Edit: One more question...will I lose my credits and everything if I make the final switchover? Can I copy over my client, known, etc. files? Which ones should I copy? Heh...ok I guess it was more than just one more question. :P

I suppose it's ok if I start over with my credits and stuff because I am primarily uploading right now anyways, but it was kind of nice to have a really good queue rating. I downloaded two 770mb files (one two disc movie) last night in under 5 hours...that was kind of nice. ;)

Edit (again): ok, I think I figured out the answers to my questions in my last edit, but I now have another one. What the hell is this "Release PRIO 32 64 128 256 512" setting under "Sivka-Settings" mean?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:45 am  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
TBH mainpage wrote:
NOTE: As before, you must have IE 6.x with SP1 and current updates to use The Black Hand. Otherwise you will experience problems such as crashing after server connect.

TBH is rock stable for me (low cpu usage too) and this could be it. I'm not using IE but have it updated anyway since it updates other stuff too...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:23 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
@death,
no its not crashing or anything, it's just instable as crap. It doesn't crash, it's just terrible resource handling and the trade off is just not needed. There's no reason for the instability that is documented, cpu = 40%+ as opposed to normal = 2%. Methinks its too buggy.

I only experienced problems like this in emule+ and that's why i recommend strongly for all new users to get emule working fine before changing to anything bloated/highly modified. That way problems can be eliminated which could shy them away from emule, when it's really the mods problem.

But thats fine because its pretty much bloat atm, I couldn't find any features that were needed so its ok it doesn't work on my system very well :)

@addix, you won't lose anything. If its the same directory.
the release prio is a tweak. I believe its the percentage increase that release will give over the other priorities. I didn't mess with that setting, I use powershare anyways so it doesn't really matter :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:42 pm  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
spudthedestroyer wrote:
@addix, you won't lose anything. If its the same directory.
the release prio is a tweak. I believe its the percentage increase that release will give over the other priorities. I didn't mess with that setting, I use powershare anyways so it doesn't really matter :)
Yeah I just left it alone and everything is working fine, so if it ain't broke, don't fix it as the saying goes.

Have you had any problems with being blacklisted? It doesn't seem like an overly aggressive client or anything, but I got a message last night saying "You're being banned because your client is leeching!". I was just going to blow it off as someone just being an idiot, but after that I couldn't reconnect to the server I was on when it happened (S.E.D.G.) or 4 of the other servers that I use regularly (razorback, ProbenPrinz.de, _JIKA.NET, and one of the Saugcenter servers). What the hell? I'm far from a leecher (my UL:DL ratio last I checked was 7+:1).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:54 pm  Post subject:

Site Admin
no, everyone gets those messages. Hell i got em sometimes in official. Its someone running an overly strict client.

Problem is half the network is trying to come up with 'features' and the other half is trying to block/ban them :outsider: