Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:36 am  Post subject: My Emule is weird....

Blood Sucking Freak
I'm still a n00b at the world of emule .. :) But the thing is that I have a Emule client running 24/7 on a 10mbit line which isnt firewalled or behind any router whatsoever, Always HighID, but looks like (atleast to me) that it's hard to find me and connect to me.

I had to cap my upload at around 450kbsec. (Owner of the line told me to not overdo it:) But still i'm only sending at around 80-100kbsec.. and i have lots of free bandwidth to go..

Any thoughts? tips? .. im 90% sure i've set a bad option somewhere tho :) im good at messing things up :D i just cant figure out what!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:03 am  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
For some strange reason, sometimes with Sivka (v10c6) I can't max my upload. When I cap it like 50% of my maximum or something like that. No matter what I try it doesn't reach the cap, it just jumps around, like in half what I've set it to. Then when I set it to max possible it stays there. No problems what so ever, runs real smooth. Didn't have this problem with the official client.

Don't know if it might be server releted. Probably not...

Guess you could try out; From Preferences/Connection/Wizard set your 'True Upload Bandwidh'to ~450kbsec which is your max(?). Then /Pref/Connection check the 'Upload Limit' box and move the slider to ~445kbsec or something like that. See if it got any better (from donkey days I remember that it was recommended to cap upload to 80% from maximum). You can try some other port than regular (TCP) 4662/61 since many ISP's filter those ports (though this has nothing to do with the upload thing.) Or try out some different mods. Maybe the offical client for start. And see if the problem exists :)

Oh and I recommend to use the biggest servers. Seems like my mule works faster/better for sources in those.
ed2k server: 195.245.244.243:4661 (Razorback) is a good one in my opinion.

I hope that this makes some sense. Hehe, I think these things work in my case... then again, I might be in totally wrong track here. Don't know that much about these things after all :)

Anyway, have a nice Christmas. I'm out for a day or so... laterz.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:21 am  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
Quote:
From Preferences/Connection/Wizard set your 'True Upload Bandwidh'to ~450kbsec which is your max(?). Then /Pref/Connection check the 'Upload Limit' box and move the slider to ~445kbsec or something like that.

Now that did the trick it seems..! or.. Atleast i'm sending with 230kbsec now :) and that could just aswell be the current combined speed of the guys loading from me.

oh.. and my max? .. this line can actually peak at 1400kbsec upload. Too bad i'm not allowed to use it all :( But i guess 450 is better than 0 :wacky:

Merry christmas right back!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:35 am  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
Maccie wrote:
Quote:
oh.. and my max? .. this line can actually peak at 1400kbsec upload. Too bad i'm not allowed to use it all :( But i guess 450 is better than 0 :wacky:

Merry christmas right back!
It's better than my 384kb/s. :wink:

*is jealous*

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:42 am  Post subject:

Blood Sucking Freak
Lol.. me too =) .. since it's technically not my line =(

I'm even worse off than you.. i'm stuck with 256kbit up on my dsl... thats around 20kbsec max considering overheadloss.