Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:00 pm  Post subject: Can't Connect Emule Servers

Buried In The Backyard
Ive been using the torrent section exclusively because I can't seem to get Emule to do anything. I checked the forum but no one seems to have this particular issue. I've made exceptions through my firewall, open the proper ports. KAD justsays connecting while ed2k jst says disconnected. When I click a file from the forums it shows up in transfers but dosnt do anything. Is that because im not connected toanything or is it just going to take a really long time like ive read?

aside - why ed2k over bittorrent?

thanks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:13 pm  Post subject: Re: Can't Connect Emule Servers

The Devil, Probably
You could test your port using this website: http://www.amule.org/testport.php

Perhaps get yourself a new server list: http://edk.peerates.net/index.php

Also check if the number of known KAD nodes (clients) increases from the starting value, which I believe is 200? If yes that is a good sign that your KAD is wokring.
Nevertheless the two arrows indicating the connection state in the bottom right pane should be green, or at least turn green after a while.

To answer your question: yes it usually takes a long time, especially if you are new to the network (meaning no credits at all) and have only a few shared files.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Next release will be: La Cité Des Entfants Perdu (1995) + Making Of (Status: working on the subtitles)
Last release was: Svengali (1931)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:30 pm  Post subject: Re: Can't Connect Emule Servers

The Ancient One
hopedenial wrote:
aside - why ed2k over bittorrent?

1) Lifetime of files.

With BT, a file can be dead after a week, a few weeks, a month. With ed2k, I can click links which have been posted 4-7 years ago and they still have sources.

2) Quality of files.

With BT, I often get fakes when DLing new stuff, and lots of other stuff has bad quality, like no cropping, or no IVTCing, or simply too small a filesize to achieve anything qualitywise. With ed2k, there is some sort of quality control, and files being posted with bad quality get treated like that too.

Abnd besides those, I'm old-fashioned and I don't need "Mah files! Naow!!" because I actually do have some patience ;)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:51 pm  Post subject: Re: Can't Connect Emule Servers

The Ancient One
Got a problem trying to get eMule to move again.

I did a reinstall, and now I have Win 8 (yes, burn me for it, blabla). I installed MorphXT 12.7, did the whole shabazz with ports and everything. Ports test was succussful, but the mule simply doesn't want to connect. Sometimes I get nodes (orange/red balls) in kad, but that's the best I got so far.

Tried connecting to servers, but that didn't work either.

What I did so far was this: http://forum.emule-project.net/index.ph ... try1008433

I tried all the steps. I restarted my modem once, just to be sure. Nothing works and I'm out of options now. Any tips? Please refrain from tips such as "Go back to Win XP!" and stuff like that, thank you ;)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:28 pm  Post subject: Re: Can't Connect Emule Servers

Site Admin
Windows cancer/firewall turned off?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:48 pm  Post subject: Re: Can't Connect Emule Servers

The Ancient One
Made an exception for the mule in the firewall. All other programs which have that, function normally.