Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 5:47 am  Post subject: Your client is connecting to fast it will get banned

Dead But Dreaming
Has anyone ever heard of this error in emule?
I keep getting this automated message

the dump:[AUTOMATED MESSAGE]Your client is connecting to fast it will get banned

Any idea what this means and if i need to worry about it?

Thanks
Kat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 8:39 am  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
It is not an emule error nor necessarily yours, though it could be. In the old ages of edonkey some antisocial assholes tried to get advantage against the normal clients by flooding other with file requests. Nowadays this is counterproductive since if you more often than a certain rate ask a client for a file, you get banned.

The problem is, it is not necessarily your fault, when you ask too often. Sometimes one and the same client is more than once in your queue, perhaps because it is a cheater and tries to get somehow an advantage by, connecting several times, perhaps because of a bug. From time to time I have clients in my "queue" which are once connected directly and several times commected indirectly. My client does not recognize them as one an the same client, so it asks every instance for its files, which of course is way to often -> ban.

Another reason could be, if you restart your client to often. Everytime you start your client, it asks its sources for files, of course, if you shutdown and restart your emule every other minute it looks like hammering for other clients -> ban.

If you shutdown your client, best wait about 10 minutes before restarting it.

If it is one of the other reasons, there is nothing you can do about. Ususally I block those clients in my firewall. I don't like being spammed with automatic error messages. Especially if it is not my error.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:57 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
You can filter those messages using the appropriate security option. Don't worry if you get banned though, it will unban you after some time.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 6:36 pm  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
thanks guys :)