Why not register?

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:13 am  Post subject: WTF!?.........has been added temporary to the filered list

The Ancient One
Hi there, until yesterday I have been using emule+1f. which while being the most stable emule version i have used, i think it has big issues with upload (for instance although i have the community option enabled for HHAH tags and also add all those who post here frequently on my friends list i would rarely see more than one(if even one) of you in the 6 upload slots and usually straining to get a good speed)
i tried LSD mod which didn't work for me so am now trying SIVKA mod, this seems to be much better with the uploads now (2/3 out of 4 slots now filled with friends/community tagged and uploading at a much more reasonable rate - though where is the save/load sources, is this auto on this mod?) but on checking the logs i am seeing quite a lot of this:
7/19/2003 1:53:37 AM: User '***(HHAH)' (IP xxx.xx.xx.xxx:4662), hash ******, client=eMule v0.29 has been added temporary to the filered list
i never got this on emule+ and not sure what is going on especially as above the user is a friend+community user (although most aren't). could ne1 guide me on this as if this as i don#t wish ppl 2 B banned unnecessarily
(if U R 1 ov da ppl currently gettin banned, sorry normal service will be resumed as soon as possible......)
thanks

<a href="https://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic.php?t=7143" target="_blank">Giallo Collection</a>

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 11:40 am  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
You get this message if there was something wrong with the packet that you received from that client - corrupted packet, compression too big....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:24 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
does it mean they R gettin banned tho, as being added to the filtered list doesn't sound too healthy. can i remove ppl from the filtered list or will it cause probs?

<a href="https://forum.dead-donkey.com/viewtopic.php?t=7143" target="_blank">Giallo Collection</a>

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:52 pm  Post subject:

Mod of the Living Dead
They are unbanned after an hour or so, and you can unban them manually from the right click menu. No need to worry.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:56 pm  Post subject:

The Devil, Probably
Generally banning is not a bad feature, if corrupted sources are banned. But a hint _why_ xy was banned would be nice :-)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:45 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
would be nice, looked at the log but there is nothing around the times ppl R being added to the list to suggest corrupted packets/asking too often etc.
is just strange as with em+ maybe see 1 or 2 ppl banned a day and now 20 odd in a day

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:27 pm  Post subject:

Dead But Dreaming
you have to check both the detail (enable it first) and the regular log to see exactly what happened.

Quote:
Detail:
7/17/2003 11:24:04 PM: Unexpected zip error in file "b*g*g*d*x*.*v*"
7/17/2003 11:24:04 PM: Corrupted compressed packet for bugged.xd.avi received (error -3)

Regular:
7/17/2003 11:24:04 PM: User 'P*l*t*k*H*A*' (IP *.*.*.*:*), hash ********************************, client=eMule v0.29 [Athlazan(0.29c)Alpha.2] has been added temporary to the filered list

It happens in the best families too. Right, mr.P.? :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:43 pm  Post subject:

The Ancient One
@graag thanks 4 that, just checked the debug log and all has been revealed (man has it ever - i shall be looking thru it 4 quite a while!!)